Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe - at the moment. What if Houston, Soldo and one or two others go out? Plus future picks?
What if we don’t want to part with a first round pick due to the possibility of it being a top 6 like this year - they may be comfortable to do an F1 thinking it would be 12-18

Anything can happen at this stage and there hasn’t been anything to suggest Lukosius is wedded to being a Crow (like Rankine always a seemed to be)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure they can giveaway another F1 as they have done that in consecutive years. They didn’t have a 1st in the 2022 and 2023 drafts and now in this 2024 draft. Happy to be proven wrong.

Look at all the idiotic trade deals the Suns have done over the years, its only with us we get shafted hard.
The majority of the worst ones favour Geelong.
I wonder how many trades they have done that favoured non-Victorian clubs?
It’s almost like they have been set up as a development and feeder club for Victorian teams.

The majority of the worst ones favour Geelong.
I wonder how many trades they have done that favoured non-Victorian clubs?
It’s almost like they have been set up as a development and feeder club for Victorian teams.

Weller for pick 2 from Freo was the only other obvious stinker. And then it’s exclusively Geelong
Must be still paying for Ablett

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure they can giveaway another F1 as they have done that in consecutive years. They didn’t have a 1st in the 2022 and 2023 drafts and now in this 2024 draft. Happy to be proven wrong.
They definitely get credit for bringing in JHF, who was a #1 pick only 1 year into his career. However, I'm not sure whether that counts as using a 1st round pick in the 2021 draft (when JHF was originally selected), or 2022 (when Port added them to their list). I suspect the latter, but I'm not 100% certain.

Cos of the 2018 and 2019 seasons where we filled an entire casualty ward with hamstring injuries.
Didn't we coin the term "awareness" during that period? Because we were too embarrassed to keep saying "hamstring injury" and had to put up the smoke and mirrors to protect birdbrain and co?

Hopefully he stays but here’s what I don’t want to see happen if he goes…

We’re the last people to find out he’s gone.

With no one else clearly qualified gettable we hire from within, the SANFL, or a career leap for someone outside of the AFL.

We give them a 2 or 3 year contract and then forget about it until we’re looking for someone to throw under the bus in a few years time.

If that’s the case, just give them a 12 month deal and then get to work lining up the best option and figuring out how we get it done.

I think he likely stays just on the basis of the job listings he’s shared in the last month being dishonest if he’s talking about “come and work with this great team”, then also, “I’m going bye”.

But the good thing is most years a team is fit enough to win a premiership without Darren Burgess.

But, prefer he stays because it’s good to know there is at least one area of the club that we can trust is in good hands.

Imagine we had been even worse the last few years.

Didn't we coin the term "awareness" during that period? Because we were too embarrassed to keep saying "hamstring injury" and had to put up the smoke and mirrors to protect birdbrain and co?
They were "aware" that their hamstring was injured.

Burton, Pyke and that stupid camp has annihilated this club, the fact that someone like Eddie Betts think more of Carlton than us is a testament to that.

If all or most of these potential targets do end up coming, we must have some players being traded out or requesting a trade in order to get everyone to fit.

Perhaps some of these rumoured targets are just that and aren’t real targets. Worse yet, maybe we are planning to use only the minimum allowed picks at the draft.

I really hope this isn’t the case.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all or most of these potential targets do end up coming, we must have some players being traded out or requesting a trade in order to get everyone to fit.

Perhaps some of these rumoured targets are just that and aren’t real targets. Worse yet, maybe we are planning to use only the minimum allowed picks at the draft.

I really hope this isn’t the case.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We do this every year. Don't do it to yourself.

I meant as in Polec was never choosing the Crows ….
works both ways. have had it from horses mouth - the key decision maker with this stuff - that we have on occasion bid aggressively (with players Managers encouragement on whats happening) on players we had no interest in to drive up the value Power need to pay for returning SA lads

They were "aware" that their hamstring was injured.

Burton, Pyke and that stupid camp has annihilated this club, the fact that someone like Eddie Betts think more of Carlton than us is a testament to that.
Remember that Roo over saw all of them.
He’s the biggest issue at the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back