Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or maybe our young players have an attitude problem. Can’t rule it out.
Which would mean all but the middle tier players have an attitude problem, given some of our seniors seem like they have an entitled attitude.

Or maybe our young players have an attitude problem. Can’t rule it out.
Or maybe there's no attitude problems at all, it's just a Big Footy Adelaide board thing?

Nank seems VERY popular with the young brigade of our squad.
One of my oldest friends and his wife won a competition for a trip with the Crows to a Melbourne match last year. Nankervis was assigned to sit with them on the plane. Apparently, he engaged superbly and they think he is fantastic. He remembers their names when they visit the club. I've heard that the Crows do this sort of thing much better than many other clubs.

Re Rosas rumour I honestly don't see how we would fit him into the side with Neale-Bullen, Rachele, Keays and pick 4 probably taking precedence.
We need depth of around 30 players.

One piece of second hand info I received was that Keane told quite a few members of the playing group he was staying with the crows before he went to Ireland. The club gave its blessing for him to go across before the final game based on this. Whether this means anything and if he’s put pen to paper I’m not sure.

The source also told me that the playing group is actually quite united, leads me to believe that 5AA caller Shaun was taking rubbish.

If this is true though it makes our list management decisions quite interesting. As I mentioned before Chris burgess has a contract for this year, this doesn’t necessarily mean we won’t delist and pay him out.

You'd like to think that ....and this fallacy that a few posters have any influence, also a fallacy .....if anything BF posters are viewed as the loonie element
If the public groundswell had no influence then that's even worse, because it shows deep division within the coaching ranks themselves

Or maybe there's no attitude problems at all, it's just a Big Footy Adelaide board thing?
Hopefully there are some problems

If we're 15th and firing on all cylinders then there isn't much hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the public groundswell had no influence then that's even worse, because it shows deep division within the coaching ranks themselves
That wasn't the point ....there's no evidence of a "groundswell" .....you have a very small niche of BF supporters, and a smattering of radio talkback

One piece of second hand info I received was that Keane told quite a few members of the playing group he was staying with the crows before he went to Ireland. The club gave its blessing for him to go across before the final game based on this. Whether this means anything and if he’s put pen to paper I’m not sure.

The source also told me that the playing group is actually quite united, leads me to believe that 5AA caller Shaun was taking rubbish.

If this is true though it makes our list management decisions quite interesting. As I mentioned before Chris burgess has a contract for this year, this doesn’t necessarily mean we won’t delist and pay him out.
Maybe this was shaun?
media-724341123.jpg

That wasn't the point ....there's no evidence of a "groundswell" .....you have a very small niche of BF supporters, and a smattering of radio talkback
The stuff about Curtin came via the media, when they pointed out that he was the only one in the top 10 who hadn't debuted, we were utterly stinking and had traded up to get him. "Rebuild"?

Hey presto within two weeks he'd been shifted away from full back in the reserves and promoted after one good game.

Who leaned on Nicks and the coaches from within the club? They obviously resented it and pushed back hard with their subsequent treatment.

One of my oldest friends and his wife won a competition for a trip with the Crows to a Melbourne match last year. Nankervis was assigned to sit with them on the plane. Apparently, he engaged superbly and they think he is fantastic. He remembers their names when they visit the club. I've heard that the Crows do this sort of thing much better than many other clubs.
Mods - life ban for this f-er please, he said the club does something better than other clubs

The stuff about Curtin came via the media, when they pointed out that he was the only one in the top 10 who hadn't debuted, we were utterly stinking and had traded up to get him. "Rebuild"?

Hey presto within two weeks he'd been shifted away from full back in the reserves and promoted after one good game.

Who leaned on Nicks and the coaches from within the club? They obviously resented it and pushed back hard with their subsequent treatment.
No one leaned on the Coaches ....Coaches come from a variety of perspectives, and they can vary in a few weeks, and where the season is positioned

None of us know what those talks entailed ....but I can guarantee the public had no part to play

Could have been ....initially we want to teach Curtin to defend, of course they're also experimenting with roles ......no-one gets it right ....how many failed FWD's have suddenly become DEF out of either need or desperation .....Rutten was a classic

Then, getting back on point ...it may have been about another "experimental" role

This board was saying Midfield or Defender ....my calls for him as a potential FWD after Tex retired was decried (again) ....FWD / MID seems the go

Did anyone think Bond deserved a game .....did anyone suggest he have a MID tagging role ....Coaches, and there's enough of them, inc development Coaches, have minds too ....and a hell of a lot more actual experience

I think all the clubs have been caught off guard by the amount of players that are going to move this offseason. Was the Melb implosion a definite thing when list management was being wrapped up last offseason, or even 1/2 way thru this season? Was the Richmond implosion and exodus forseeable? GC players wanting out due to new coach, normally thats a thing to keep them? Plus nearly every other club has one odd choice player that wants out.

No one leaned on the Coaches ....Coaches come from a variety of perspectives, and they can vary in a few weeks, and where the season is positioned

None of us know what those talks entailed ....but I can guarantee the public had no part to play

Could have been ....initially we want to teach Curtin to defend, of course they're also experimenting with roles ......no-one gets it right ....how many failed FWD's have suddenly become DEF out of either need or desperation .....Rutten was a classic

Then, getting back on point ...it may have been about another "experimental" role

This board was saying Midfield or Defender ....my calls for him as a potential FWD after Tex retired was decried (again) ....FWD / MID seems the go

Did anyone think Bond deserved a game .....did anyone suggest he have a MID tagging role ....Coaches, and there's enough of them, inc development Coaches, have minds too ....and a hell of a lot more actual experience
I reckon some of the outside influence did make a difference.

Coaches have a range of reactivity or proactivity if you like and our current crop / Nicks is way on the conservative side. That's why I'd love it if we got Bassett, he's way on the creativity side, so he'd be a good foil.

Anyone who believes anything said by callers on 5AA should not even be allowed control of a TV remote.
I know multiple Port supporters who love nothing more than to ring 5AA and spread made up stories. Most of the time they pretend to be Crows supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back