Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All these melts based on absolutely zero new info just vibes and feels because it's the weekend and stuff has gone quiet.

All available thus far has us far ahead for both of them. Nothing has changed since everybody was excited earlier in the week.
From what I can tell, it's more than 'vibes and feelings' re: Cumming

Maybe. I'm still a fan, and he'd still for sure improve our side
he is ok but if people are worried about luko at 1M you would be even more worried about redman at 850K

i mean luko has at least ripped 3-4 games open off his own boot - redman has not and will not

How can Port fit in all those players into their cap?

Simple.

They've only got eight players signed up for the 2027 season and beyond.

If you're offering five or six year deals, that's four full contract years (at the back end) where there's only eight other players that you definitely have to fit into the cap. And in 2027 the salary cap will be $18.4 million.

Run out of cap space in a few years? Just delist or trade a few out of contact players. Job done.

Port's list isn't amazing around the edges, there will be no shortage of players to move on.

he is ok but if people are worried about luko at 1M you would be even more worried about redman at 850K

i mean luko has at least ripped 3-4 games open off his own boot - redman has not and will not
He's an upgrade on Laird, actually provides zone-breaking kicking and run/carry

And given how many targets we're missing on, money shouldn't be a concern. FWIW with Luko, it's not really the salary that concerns me, it's the draft capital cost

How can Port fit in all those players into their cap?

Simple.

They've only got eight players signed up for the 2027 season and beyond.

If you're offering five or six year deals, that's four full contract years (at the back end) where there's only eight other players that you definitely have to fit into the cap. And in 2027 the salary cap will be $18.4 million.

Run out of cap space in a few years? Just delist or trade a few out of contact players. Job done.

Port's list isn't amazing around the edges, there will be no shortage of players to move on.
We have six players signed up for 2027 and beyond, it shouldn't be an issue for us in theory

It's just that Port probably know how to use this strategy better than us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have six players signed up for 2027 and beyond, it shouldn't be an issue for us in theory

It's just that Port probably know how to use this strategy better than us

Exactly. Both clubs have a very similar salary situation in 2027 and beyond.

We could offer more money prior to 2027, but this could be countered by Port offering a back ended deal. There would be little actual buying power difference between the clubs. Port would be risking more later to seal the deal, whereas we would be overpaying early to seal the deal.

So everything outside of ability to offer money is where the real differences would be. And we have zero going for us.

The only clubs with genuine salary cap issues would either be sides with lots of long term contracts (Melbourne for example have 13 players signed up for 2027), or sides where back ended deals are causing current havoc due to their size. I don't imagine Port are in either category

Exactly. Both clubs have a very similar salary situation in 2027 and beyond.

We could offer more money prior to 2027, but this could be countered by Port offering a back ended deal. There would be little actual buying power difference between the clubs. Port would be risking more later to seal the deal, whereas we would be overpaying early to seal the deal.

So everything outside of ability to offer money is where the real differences would be. And we have zero going for us.

The only clubs with genuine salary cap issues would either be sides with lots of long term contracts (Melbourne for example have 13 players signed up for 2027), or sides where back ended deals are causing current havoc due to their size. I don't imagine Port are in either category
Port is in the better spot as they backend the deal then when it gets to that time, they tell the player they won't get many opportunities to play because we have player x and y who we see as the future. They then tell the backended contracted player he is free to explore his options, gets a club to bite and they are free of the obligation to pay

Goodwin to the Crows confirmed

Sick Episode 8 GIF by MacGruber

There has been some talk that Cumming not coming to us
Luko is a bit of a long shot - so could easily be the case
Bombers fans seem to think they have Rosa

So who knows - long way to go before trade period

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They do. He is Essendons talent and operations manager.

Everyones trying for ratings first. 90% of rumours in the media are all fake, designed for clickbait. By knowlingly linking Luko with Port it gets both Port and Crows fans jumping at the rumour. They did it with Dawson, I dont remember but probably even tried unsuccessfully to link Rankine. Basically every Crows target gets run through the going to Port rumour mill. Its only been fed because he hasnt run to the media yet requesting a trade.

Luko was never a definite recruit anyway. Which means they met but he is contracted. His management team have probably only in the last few days since his exit interview probably invited Port and the Crows to lodge offers and he was always going to tour both facilities. Port have all but ruled themselves out anyway. The link being with Houstons draft picks. Which they wont get and they almost certainly will not get approval to use next years future first.
The media will do what they do, my post wasn’t really about the media at all, it was about how people react to the media and the odd post and how they subsequently behave and jump at shadows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back