Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There weren't any quality FA last year, this years there are and Nicks stuffed up our season in the first 5 weeks.
Do you think players actually think "well I was dead set certain to request a trade to the crows, but that first 5 games of the season really changed my mind"?

That was 5 months ago. If a players mindset is so heavily weighted to the negative side I actually don't want them.

Do you think players actually think "well I was dead set certain to request a trade to the crows, but that first 5 games of the season really changed my mind"?

That was 5 months ago. If a players mindset is so heavily weighted to the negative side I actually don't want them.
Absolutely they would have changed their mind

At the start of the year we would have sold the dream of a team on the up

Now were a basket case who shafts its young talent

Players and their managers will be steering clear of us.

If a player wants to come home do they look at playing finals with the team that finished second or play for the bottom 4 team?

Moving clubs isn't a decision made lightly. They would look a lot deeper than end of year ladder position. Or do you believe a player earning upwards of half a million a year would make not just an employment change, but move interstate, uproot their family, leave their team mates behind based on a quick glance at the ladder?

I don't think finishing with 2.5 wins less this season on the back of having more injuries than last year, with a tougher draw translates into rabble. Rankine playing against Geelong and Richmond, thilthorpe against bombers and Melbourne alone could have turned those close losses into wins.

The bigfooty negativity spiral extrapolates our position into a rabble.

How people on here jump at shadows and manage to be arguably semi functional humans is always fascinating to me.
IT’S A GAME OF FOOTBALL!!!
Stop partaking in the bull$hit media cycle circlejerk and the need to comment or vent on every single thought fart.
Could not have said it better if I tried, especially all this Powa will do this, Powa will do that crap. Personally I don't give 2 shits what Powa is doing but some on here are infatuated with the mob down the road.

Moving clubs isn't a decision made lightly. They would look a lot deeper than end of year ladder position. Or do you believe a player earning upwards of half a million a year would make not just an employment change, but move interstate, uproot their family, leave their team mates behind based on a quick glance at the ladder?

I don't think finishing with 2.5 wins less this season on the back of having more injuries than last year, with a tougher draw translates into rabble. Rankine playing against Geelong and Richmond, thilthorpe against bombers and Melbourne alone could have turned those close losses into wins.

The bigfooty negativity spiral extrapolates our position into a rabble.
The problem with this line of thinking is you exclude any injuries etc. other clubs are dealing with.

If a player wants to come home do they look at playing finals with the team that finished second or play for the bottom 4 team?
Ask rankine and Dawson? Ask Neal Bullin? Are we offering more money? Better contract?

In 3 years time when our core of youth hit their peaks, and Port have 10 players retired or 30+ who will be in the better position?

They have a lot to factor in.

The problem with this line of thinking is you exclude any injuries etc. other clubs are dealing with.
I agree. My point was based on our 2023 having very few injuries and virtually none to majority influential key players.

End of the day, the rebuild is only near complete on the surface. Take a few players out the team and we can't cover them.

I still claim we pulled out of that not redman and thank god we did.
Not sure if we completely pulled out but there were late reports, just before he re-signed, that our offer wasn’t overly generous after all. I think 600-650k was reported from memory. Which is effectively pulling out or not going 100% I suppose.

Either way, despite what stats may show, he appeared a shadow of the player this year after getting paid. Perhaps we did dodge a bullet and I personally think we have decent hbf options esp If Cummin arrives. Hinge, Milera, Max, Jones and Ryan our long termer hopefully

Yeah but 17th most experienced doesn’t sound great 5 years into a rebuild.
Yes and no. I've been mucking around trying to model up our list to see when we might get to around 90 games of experience, it's not as easy as you'd think. Also, based on what I've learnt doing this, I've got a strong feeling (but I havent checked it) that the reason we are having such a prob getting our list experience up is to do with previous club/coach philosophies of not doing a rebuild and continually refreshing but that we did that by really keeping a mature list and not getting games into young players. So when we went from refresh to rebuild we were as poorly placed as you could get, with the exception of the recent expansion teams (but even then they had draft concessions etc to try and help get trades in).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no. I've been mucking around trying to model up our list to see when we might get to around 90 games of experience, it's not as easy as you'd think. Also, based on what I've learnt doing this, I've got a strong feeling (but I havent checked it) that the reason we are having such a prob getting our list experience up is to do with previous club/coach philosophies of not doing a rebuild and continually refreshing but that we did that by really keeping a mature list and not getting games into young players. So when we went from refresh to rebuild we were as poorly placed as you could get, with the exception of the recent expansion teams (but even then they had draft concessions etc to try and help get trades in).
I agree. This wasn't a quick plaster and paint job. This was a full knock down rebuild

I don't think finishing with 2.5 wins less this season on the back of having more injuries than last year, with a tougher draw translates into rabble.
This is a false narrative

Last year we finished 1 and a half games from 8th

This year we are 4 and a half games back

From what I can tell, it's more than 'vibes and feelings' re: Cumming
You need to remember cumming is still in season and could play.

Lukosius i expect would nominate soon if leaving. The lure of port playing him forward and with his best mate vs playing for who you grew up barracking for. Personally I think the whole melb clubs is a furphy with him.

Most likely he stays at GC still I suspect bit who knows.
This is a false narrative

Last year we finished 1 and a half games from 8th

This year we are 4 and a half games back
Agree its false but also shows how unfair the fixture was and the result it created.

Been told a couple of things by others on here

Not my place to share though
Ok private messages from other posters who do have inside word on such things? That’s cool and obviously can’t breach confidence and thanks for sharing what you did.

Disappointing if we miss him as clearly a FA is a bonus in terms of draft capital used (or lack thereof)

You need to remember cumming is still in season and could play.

Lukosius i expect would nominate soon if leaving. The lure of port playing him forward and with his best mate vs playing for who you grew up barracking for. Personally I think the whole melb clubs is a furphy with him.

Most likely he stays at GC still I suspect bit who knows.

Agree its false but also shows how unfair the fixture was and the result it created.
Hasn’t it been reported a number of times he isn’t overly enamoured with the concept of returning to Adelaide?

So did you have inside info on Cumming not coming - or going on hearsay from elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I thought every one said at the start of the year we got our dream draw because of the Sydney thing?

Home games
Cats , Demons, Bombers , Power, Lions, Eagles, Tigers , Swans, Giants, Saints , Hawks, Dogs

Away
GC, Dockers, Blues, Kangas, Pies, Hawks, Lions , Bombers, Cats, Swans

Double ups
Cats, Hawks, Lions, Power, Swans, Bombers

Swans and Lions only teams from 23 top 8 with Power as an obligatory double up . Swans scraped into 8th and those 3 should have been split wins along with Cats. Bombers and Hawks should have been 2-0 wins

It wasnt that hard a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back