Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with you on this one. Dawson Rankine and Hinge are the only ones who look like they bleed for a win.... the team as a whole doesn't
Soligo
Murray
Michaelanny
Worrell
Tex
Fog
Keays

There are plenty of others too.

I will be fuming if we haven’t worked on our finishes in close games for next year

At the moment it just looks like sheer luck when we win one and lots of heart , there’s no game scenario strategy apparent

And our leaders or players in general outside of Dawson ( and Rankine ) seem to struggle when there is pressure late in games and don’t stay composed

If we can’t improve that in off season we won’t deserve to be a chance to play finals
Getting rid of the players who regularly go missing in the last quarter would be a good start...

To be fair, he'd played 24, 21 and 20 games the previous three years.
Bicks just isn't a fan of Cumming for some reason.

I really hope we land him.... moreso than any of the others being talked about.

Getting rid of the players who regularly go missing in the last quarter would be a good start...
Happy Oh Yeah GIF by Bravo TV

I don’t think we want for competitors

It’s composure , talent , clean ball handling , speed we lack
Leadership & smart coaches.

Bicks just isn't a fan of Cumming for some reason.

I really hope we land him.... moreso than any of the others being talked about.
I just find it hard to get too excited about a 26 year old half back flanker that's had serious soft tissue issues that have seen him hardly play all season and the coin he'd be on. It will be interesting to see if he's selected next week and if he is I'll be watching closely.

I just find it hard to get too excited about a 26 year old half back flanker that's had serious soft tissue issues that have seen him hardly play all season and the coin he'd be on. It will be interesting to see if he's selected next week and if he is I'll be watching closely.

For the uninitiated, why does everyone call you Bicks?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately the worst offenders are in our leadership group.

What's crazy is that if we added Alex Neal-Bullen he would instantly become our most experienced finals player

Currently it's

Walker: 10 finals, 5 wins, no GF wins
Smith: 8 finals, 4 wins, no GFs
Laird: 7 finals, 4 wins, no GF wins
Crouch: 7 finals, 4 wins, no GF wins
Dawson: 1 final, 0 wins, no GFs

Alex Neal-Bullen: 10 finals, 5 wins, GF win

ANB will have also played all 10 of those finals more recently than any other player on our list except Dawson

With Petracca staying, could mean Oliver more likely to leave now since apparently the two don’t get along.

If we can get Neal-Bullen, Luko and Oliver, I’d be happy to burn F1 and F2 and Melbournes second round pick. Take pick 4 to the draft and junk picks for Welsh bid.

Then find a cheap ruck in rookie draft.

Unfortunately the worst offenders are in our leadership group.
Agree with this.

The brains trust is gone.
The IQ of the older players is fading rather fast.
The younger ones just don’t seem up to the rigour.

The Bullying Cartel need to go back to the draft.

After this year: Stephenson (8 finals), Corr (7 finals), McDonald (5 finals), Logue (2 finals)

So worse players, but more finals (after Tex/Smith retire - although by then the first three might have left North, too)
Hawthorn about to up theirs, but they wouldn’t have too many outside Gunston and breust

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back