Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey everyone, I come in peace.

What's the go with Burgess? Can someone give me a rundown of what's going on from a Crows perspective?
Roo says he's staying, apparently Burgess said similar recently, but who knows at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if we keep saying he's staying until it's announced he's leaving.

That’s not really even the point

We’ve chased all three of those guys during this year, and clearly zoned in on two of them, yet they could all be deciding to go to little bro. What does that say about our ability to attract players?

And I know Port’s the more successful club right now, but if we say we’re going to be aggressive in attracting players, we need to act on that promise
Have we? Or are you basing that on media speculation?

Where there’s smoke there’s fire
af smoking GIF

Or just someone having one toke too many….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course there’s levels to it, but the faction of this board that never believes any rumour posted on here is so lame
I'm not one of those people. But when you say something that runs opposite to what literally every other source has said and it's a one sentence vague post, that doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Not too fussed about missing out on Perryman. Paying big dollars for a back pocket, a small upgrade on Chayce Jones, doesn't seem wise.

Cumming would be a big miss given our lack of half back and outside quality

Lukosius would be a good get but not for a first round pick
k cornes reported this morning houston still wants to go home next year despite his radio announcement last week. he wouldn't say that for no reason

NOW,
if port keep houston - no interest in cumming if they lose him big interest.... so who knows

k cornes reported this morning houston still wants to go home next year despite his radio announcement last week. he wouldn't say that for no reason

NOW,
if port keep houston - no interest in cumming if they lose him big interest.... so who knows
Or are Port pushing him out? Would make sense why Kane would have that mail

I'm not one of those people. But when you say something that runs opposite to what literally every other source has said and it's a one sentence vague post, that doesn't do a whole lot for me.
If I’ve been vague in what I’ve posted, it’s out of respect for other posters who have genuine sources and information

I’m normally one to be optimistic about media rumours, and have been on the Cumming situation until a couple of days ago

No, but they can execute the non-compete clause.
I suspect theyve come to an agreement with burgess that he can leave at end of 2025 if he wishes (one year short of contract). This gets him to stay now so we have time to find a replacement and try full tilt to make finals or everyone is getting sacked anyway. Hopefully by then the interest wanes and he stays (crows management viewpoint)

I suspect theyve come to an agreement with burgess that he can leave at end of 2025 if he wishes (one year short of contract). This gets him to stay now so we have time to find a replacement and try full tilt to make finals or everyone is getting sacked anyway. Hopefully by then the interest wanes and he stays (crows management viewpoint)
I think we might find Carlton's interest in Burgess may have cooled somewhat now that Petracca has seemingly reversed his decision about leaving Melbourne.

What makes you suspect that?

If I’ve been vague in what I’ve posted, it’s out of respect for other posters who have genuine sources and information

I’m normally one to be optimistic about media rumours, and have been on the Cumming situation until a couple of days ago
This isn’t the CIA though, a source is either a manager, player’s family or club, you aren’t breaking confidentiality by saying which one of those it is. There’s no need to be vague with the type of source or of course people will be skeptical about the info.

What?
Why do people ignore or not understand that the afl cannot predict the 8?
The only measure is the previous year, what actually happens is just bad luck.
Exactly, the AFL doesn't have a crystal ball when creating the fixture.

At the end of last season. who thought Pies wouldn't make finals? Who though Hawks would make finals?

We finally find a quality lock down defender and we don't have enough list spots to give him a contract, seriously you need to pay somebody who contracted out in order to make sure Bond stays on the list.

Criminal list management, but what else would you expect from Roo, Nix & Kelly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back