Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You can believe what you want to believe, the article was published at 2.14PM today.
99% of these 'journalists' just regurgitate what some other 'journalist' said. Almost none of them have any actual information. It's just one big echo chamber.
Believe nothing until it's officially announced - it's much better for your sanity.

99% of these 'journalists' just regurgitate what some other 'journalist' said. Almost none of them have any actual information. It's just one big echo chamber.
Believe nothing until it's officially announced - it's much better for your sanity.
TBH, care factor right now is fairly low. Sure it would be nice to get Lukosius, but if not, I am not losing sleep over it. ANB - yeah, an upgrade on Murphy - if thats how it plays out, but its just as likely he will take Taylor's spot or Dowlings spot and we will still be stuck with Murphy. Cumming, again, yeah nice player - injury prone - but nice. must have?? I don't know.

Now what I do care about is is getting pick 4 right. I am also a real believer in sacking this current coach as anything we do in the offseason needs to be looked at through the prism of a coach thats been middling for 5 seasons now. I have no faith whatsoever he can take us right up the ladder - none. So while he is there, almost everything else is just ho hum as it won't be the difference maker

Adelaide Crows forward Riley Thilthorpe signs new contract until the end of 2028​

After what he showed late this season, many think Riley Thilthorpe will explode in 2025 – and the young Crow will remain at West Lakes a lot longer than that.
2 min read
September 2, 2024 - 2:14PM

Simeon Thomas-WilsonSimeon Thomas-Wilson
follow

That forward line might be unrecognisable in 2025 with the Crows leading the race to land Gold Coast’s Jack Lukosius, if he leaves, while they’ve also shown interest in his Suns’ teammate Malcolm Rosas.
I still maintain our reported "interest" in Rosas is purely because I posted on here that I quite like him, and an intern at news corp has run with it.

I'll still be shocked if we got Luko, wouldn't he have announced a trade request by now if he wanted to come to us and leave the Gold Coast? ANB has, Dawson did, Rankine did.

I still maintain our reported "interest" in Rosas is purely because I posted on here that I quite like him, and an intern at news corp has run with it.
I don't, he's a very decent small forward that seems out of favour at the Suns in an area we could look to upgrade so of course we'd have some interest.

I'll still be shocked if we got Luko, wouldn't he have announced a trade request by now if he wanted to come to us and leave the Gold Coast? ANB has, Dawson did, Rankine did.
There will be no announcement unless Luko chooses a club, and then those clubs agree to terms for the trade. You don't announce you want to go somewhere then find it won't happen because the clubs cant agree

k cornes reported this morning houston still wants to go home next year despite his radio announcement last week. he wouldn't say that for no reason

NOW,
if port keep houston - no interest in cumming if they lose him big interest.... so who knows

The Houston announcement seemed very much about steadying the ship for finals. Port will want to sail quietly through the next few weeks with positive stories and minimal scrutiny.
Could be completely different come trade time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Prob weighing up to see what he can get... Why leave 2 years x 1M if no other club gonna offer you close... and he doesn't deserve close to that

Port just do this trade stuff better.

I'm 100 percent certain Houston and port are positioning for him to leave.

They would have both said, l let's drop hints that there could be interest in going home, but let's publicly declare that you are 100 percent staying and that port want him to stay.

This will create interest but also imply that a only a great deal will get it done. Sure there might be compromise but let's not make. This obvious until right at the end.

Pretty much completely opposite to how we handled the crouch situation, where we showed our hand way too early.

They would have both said, l let's drop hints that there could be interest in going home, but let's publicly declare that you are 100 percent staying and that port want him to stay.

This will create interest but also imply that a only a great deal will get it done. Sure there might be compromise but let's not make. This obvious until right at the end.

Pretty much completely opposite to how we handled the crouch situation, where we showed our hand way too early.
Yeah but fishing with fillet steak won't get you King George whiting, but I might get you a lot of tyre kickers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he?

There is still ample time before trade week starts

People said the same about Dawson a couple of years ago……

Dawson held back nominating his club until just before trade week

People read a little too much into a player not comic publication and nominating 4 weeks out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would he?

There is still ample time before trade week starts

People said the same about Dawson a couple of years ago……

Dawson held back nominating his club until just before trade week

People read a little too much into a player not comic publication and nominating 4 weeks out

I think it's also people that sometimes are connected with the club are also indicating that Port are favs to land Luko and Cumming.

I've definitely not heard any strong opinions disputing this.

That's one of the things that makes me think that judgement of footballers isn't necessarily much of the job. You've got your highly paid coach, highly paid head of footy and club legend & footy director to do that part of it. From memory Fagan said his role was to basically just keep minutes, which was surprising because the accountant is also in the meeting. But again, I doubt either of those guys would have much say on whether a player is getting 4 or 5 years. I doubt Reid does either, I reckon his input is more around his feel on the negotiation aspect. But in terms of decisions like whether to extend Borlase and Berry for 2 more years, I'm convinced that Roo, Nix and Kelly would be responsible for that call. Extending guys like Sloane and Tex could come from higher up though. We know that Fagan forced Reid's hand when trading for Gibbs, so politics will play a part at times. But on average, I don't reckon Reid personally has much involvement on who we decide to keep or turf.

Bit different when it's a bloke like Silvagni though, or even Noble, who had coached and had football industry credibility. But bringing in a player agent tells me that his job is focussed mostly on negotiation.

Let’s be honest

Silvagni has been a bust as list manager

Despite the gold concessions he was given at GWS he still had many bust picks and they ultimately underachieved while he was at the club

Carlton, his strategy was to bring across GWS rejects and over pay for many recruits

Let’s not use SOS in terms of what good looks like

If I don’t want to leave and getting pushed out, I’m not wanting my new club to pony up any more picks the bare necessity.

I think it's also people that sometimes are connected with the club are also indicating that Port are favs to land Luko and Cumming.

I've definitely not heard any strong opinions disputing this.

People sometimes forget that the process to land a Cumming is months in the making

We were into Dawson from round 1 of his last season, even before he had is post mid-season purple patch

Players rarely suddenly change interest because a late club comes knocking unless the offer is sizeably different

1. I can’t see how Port can offer better contracts to either player

2. How do they get the Luko deal done ?

I think initially port and player were of the view he was more likely to leave but I think he now stays

Houston has completely changed his narrative from “wanting to focus on the next 5 week” helping his team mates, to now “declaring he will be at port in 2025”

This is a big shift in narrative which suggest, he’s dropped Melb as a possible club, and there is no other club of interest that has the capital to bring him in

If I don’t want to leave and getting pushed out, I’m not wanting my new club to pony up any more picks the bare necessity.
I think he absolutely does want to leave though. He would be told don't worry well get the deal done, but this is his we will play it and this is what we'll say.

People sometimes forget that the process to land a Cumming is months in the making

We were into Dawson from round 1 of his last season, even before he had is post mid-season purple patch

Players rarely suddenly change interest because a late club comes knocking unless the offer is sizeably different

1. I can’t see how Port can offer better contracts to either player

2. How do they get the Luko deal done ?

I'm more than happy to be in incorrect and remain open minded, however the silence from people who usually have a good read on the situation is telling.

If your not wanted, all you care about is getting through the door of the new club that values you

You care about the deal getting done, and less about what the trade costs

But he's contracted and it's not a small contract. So he does have to satisfy his current club in these negotiations. For him to get where he wants port needs to approve of the deal.

This is also a club that's proven it's willing to let a player walk rather than do an unfavorable deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back