Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

But he's contracted and it's not a small contract. So he does have to satisfy his current club in these negotiations. For him to get where he wants port needs to approve of the deal.

This is also a club that's proven it's willing to let a player walk rather than do an unfavorable deal.

Because he’s contracted yes he has to agree to the move, and two the trade price will be reasonable to high

There’s been talk on here that a 2nd round willl get it done, which is nonsense

I just can’t see how port get a deal done, if they can’t get a deal done he won’t nominate a club that he does not have confidence in getting a trade done

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let’s be honest

Silvagni has been a bust as list manager

Despite the gold concessions he was given at GWS he still had many bust picks and they ultimately underachieved while he was at the club

Carlton, his strategy was to bring across GWS rejects and over pay for many recruits

Let’s not use SOS in terms of what good looks like

I didn't. I used him as an example of a list manager with footy credentials that would have strongly influenced decisions that were made. I used Noble as a similar example. I didn't put forward a performance rating for either of them.

Let’s be honest

Silvagni has been a bust as list manager

Despite the gold concessions he was given at GWS he still had many bust picks and they ultimately underachieved while he was at the club

Carlton, his strategy was to bring across GWS rejects and over pay for many recruits

Let’s not use SOS in terms of what good looks like

He did get all the big pieces for Carlton though - Weitering , Curnow (at 12 dual Coleman), McKay , Walsh and Cripps

Not terrible

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

People sometimes forget that the process to land a Cumming is months in the making

We were into Dawson from round 1 of his last season, even before he had is post mid-season purple patch

Players rarely suddenly change interest because a late club comes knocking unless the offer is sizeably different

1. I can’t see how Port can offer better contracts to either player

2. How do they get the Luko deal done ?

Houston leaving gets them the currency for Luko

Seems a well thought out plan - move Houston to get draft capital and replace him with a free agent.
Good strategy if they pull it off

Because he’s contracted yes he has to agree to the move, and two the trade price will be reasonable to high

There’s been talk on here that a 2nd round willl get it done, which is nonsense

I just can’t see how port get a deal done, if they can’t get a deal done he won’t nominate a club that he does not have confidence in getting a trade done

This I agree with

wow… the hand wringing going on in here over the possibility a bloke who has Jack Watts 2.0 written all over him might end up at Port is just fxxkn hilarious..

The media havent got a fxxkn clue..

And currently Port have no draft capital. Our 2025 1st will be more tempting to the suns than Ports.. and Port has nothing to offer this year unless they trade up one of their gun players..

WTF would you trade out a top 5 player in Housten just to trade in Jack Watts 2.0?..
Will actually be hilarious if they do it.. it makes them worse not better.

But honestly… I really dont see what the upside is in bringing him into our 22..

wow… the hand wringing going on in here over the possibility a bloke who has Jack Watts 2.0 written all over him might end up at Port is just fxxkn hilarious..

The media havent got a fxxkn clue..

And currently Port have no draft capital. Our 2025 1st will be more tempting to the suns than Ports.. and Port has nothing to offer this year unless they trade up one of their gun players..

WTF would you trade out a top 5 player in Housten just to trade in Jack Watts 2.0?..
Will actually be hilarious if they do it.. it makes them worse not better.

But honestly… I really dont see what the upside is in bringing him into our 22..
I definitely think he's best 22 just depends at what cost.

Seems a well thought out plan - move Houston to get draft capital and replace him with a free agent.

I don’t think Houston is leaving though

As I mentioned in another post, Houston’s narrative has completely backfired

From - “my focus is the next five weeks, helping my team mates play finals”

To - “I will be at Port in 2025”

This is a significant narrative change

Houston obviously eyed of the Dees but has been scared off

Hawks and Geelong have other priorities

Carlton and Collingwood don’t have the cap or trade collateral

Essendon - shown little to no interest

Why would you go to a smaller club like Saints, Notth or WB?

I think there is a reason for this change of narrative, he’s not stimulated to go to a StKilda, North or WB

There will be no announcement unless Luko chooses a club, and then those clubs agree to terms for the trade. You don't announce you want to go somewhere then find it won't happen because the clubs cant agree

And you certainly wouldn't want the club involved announcing it for you

At the start of the season we said our picks would be on the table to bring in experienced players, in addition to being in the free agent market.

We've also clearly tried the last few years to bring in players like Redman, Hayward and Oliver
Question needs to be asked why these players won't come to AFC to earn more money.

Personally I wouldn't want to play under Nicks as I don't tolerate fools well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They won't go after luko if they get a top 10 pick for houston, 100% take it to the bank they want a mid in this draft and draper is that mid. They know where games are won and lost and here they already are with a bog average attack, average defence and a blue chip midfield. Make that stronger and deeper and the sky is the limit and i think they know that.

Go after perryman to cover houstons role in the main and it makes real sense in the short mid and longer term

Agree... Cant see who would be interested... Especially since they saying port want 2 first rounders. Nobody is paying that. I can't even see a club paying a single first rounder. Not that he isn't a good player, but nobody is in need of such a player.

No one is paying that either when it's clear that the club is pushing him out.

We'll see how it pans out, but at the moment it seems like Port have handled it poorly and it's diminished Houston's value.

The fact that Port view him as expendable to me proves that his worth is not close to 2 first round picks.

Personally I think his value is somewhere in the Pick 12-15 mark at most.

I'll go with anyone, does anyone actually strongly still believe Luko or Cummings is coming to Adelaide.
Why are you and some others so worried about what's happening especially with Cumming/Perryman who's club are involved in upcoming finals, nothing will get done until trade week October 7 though to October 16? There's an ocean of water to go under the bridge yet.

Why are you and some others so worried about what's happening especially with Cumming/Perryman who's club are involved in upcoming finals, nothing will get done until trade week October 7 though to October 16? There's an ocean of water to go under the bridge yet.
Not sure if I'm worried, it was more my opinion that is not happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back