Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They won't go after luko if they get a top 10 pick for houston, 100% take it to the bank they want a mid in this draft and draper is that mid. They know where games are won and lost and here they already are with a bog average attack, average defence and a blue chip midfield. Make that stronger and deeper and the sky is the limit and i think they know that.

Go after perryman to cover houstons role in the main and it makes real sense in the short mid and longer term
Regardless of whether houston leaves they aren't going to end up with a top 3 pick, which is what it would take to get draper. Because we have pick 4

Agree... Cant see who would be interested... Especially since they saying port want 2 first rounders. Nobody is paying that. I can't even see a club paying a single first rounder. Not that he isn't a good player, but nobody is in need of such a player.
Plenty of teams are including us. He's port's 4th best player and it isn't close to 5th, and he's one of the best hbf's in the AFL. A crucial role if you want your team to be good.
But no one is paying 2 firsts you're right

Absolutely they would have changed their mind

At the start of the year we would have sold the dream of a team on the up

Now were a basket case who shafts its young talent

Players and their managers will be steering clear of us.
Not a single player nor manager will ever steer clear of significant money.

I thought every one said at the start of the year we got our dream draw because of the Sydney thing?

Home games
Cats , Demons, Bombers , Power, Lions, Eagles, Tigers , Swans, Giants, Saints , Hawks, Dogs

Away
GC, Dockers, Blues, Kangas, Pies, Hawks, Lions , Bombers, Cats, Swans

Double ups
Cats, Hawks, Lions, Power, Swans, Bombers

Swans and Lions only teams from 23 top 8 with Power as an obligatory double up . Swans scraped into 8th and those 3 should have been split wins along with Cats. Bombers and Hawks should have been 2-0 wins

It wasnt that hard a draw
I'd have to search my ever fading memory but I think I picked it as a hugely shit fixture from the start.

I noticed the time slot bonanza though and thought that wasn't the kind of 'compensation' I was looking for after being cheated out of finals.

What?
Why do people ignore or not understand that the afl cannot predict the 8?
The only measure is the previous year, what actually happens is just bad luck.
Yeah not sure it's blaming the AFL. It's the way it turned out. The most difficult fixture as it turned out. Certainly wasn't premeditated.

Murray’s an absolute animal that hates losing

Keays prob has one of the highest work rates in comp

Matt crouch is a bit of an animal too , even how he was ruled out for season and got back was sheer determination which he shows in a contest too

Soligo is courageous, Bond could be the most courageous of all
Nank for his slight frame has no fear. I expect to see him get poleaxed every time he backs into a marking contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris is reporting a victorian club is preparing an 8 year, 1.5 million per year, offer for Mac Andrew. With those sorts of offers around I came see them wanting to off load Loku's salary. Whether he goes to us is another story...

Port just do this trade stuff better.

I'm 100 percent certain Houston and port are positioning for him to leave.

They would have both said, l let's drop hints that there could be interest in going home, but let's publicly declare that you are 100 percent staying and that port want him to stay.

This will create interest but also imply that a only a great deal will get it done. Sure there might be compromise but let's not make. This obvious until right at the end.

Pretty much completely opposite to how we handled the crouch situation, where we showed our hand way too early.

100%. Port is pushing him out, they've done well to create the media narrative that Houston is driving this. Their list management is not only better but how they go about it. They don't put players offside as much, just business.

wow… the hand wringing going on in here over the possibility a bloke who has Jack Watts 2.0 written all over him might end up at Port is just fxxkn hilarious..

The media havent got a fxxkn clue..

And currently Port have no draft capital. Our 2025 1st will be more tempting to the suns than Ports.. and Port has nothing to offer this year unless they trade up one of their gun players..

WTF would you trade out a top 5 player in Housten just to trade in Jack Watts 2.0?..
Will actually be hilarious if they do it.. it makes them worse not better.

But honestly… I really dont see what the upside is in bringing him into our 22..

JFC I hope our next years first is not on the table

Last edited:
But it might be the wrong bait to get that very high pick they really want

You have to give up something of value to get something of value. Something Pears fully understand and Crows are too gutless to do.

Source 2018 draft. Gave up Wingard and now have Rozee and Butters. Sure there was more to the trade etc but you get the point.

You have to give up something of value to get something of value. Something Pears fully understand and Crows are too gutless to do.

Source 2018 draft. Gave up Wingard and now have Rozee and Butters. Sure there was more to the trade etc but you get the point.
Absolutely. Just not sure houston is that guy to get them the high end pick they really want though, as good as he is as he is in a position most clubs will feel they can cover without paying a super premium for

Keep going.... who will take him and what will the Power get?

I'll go with anyone, does anyone actually strongly still believe Luko or Cummings is coming to Adelaide.
The latest whispers from West Lakes.

The Good News; We will take pick 4, pick 25 and pick 42 to the draft. We expect Welsh will be (well) below pick 25 so pick 4, pick 25 and Welsh.

The Bad News;
Oliver - No
Pickett - No
Petracca - Never in the hunt
Lukosius - No
Rosas - No
Perryman - No
Cumming - No

The Ugly;
Only 4 changes to the list
Keane (R) - Gone
Parnell (R) - Gone
Hamill (R) - Gone
McHenry - Gone
No trade interest in Gollant, Berry, Schoenberg and Himmelberg. Gollant and Himmelberg move to the Rookie list on a 1 year contract.

The Diabolical;
Melbourne still want pick 25 for ANB but we are holding firm. Collingwood won’t give up pick 32 for Keane and are offering pick 42. We might have to give up our F2 for ANB. Worst case scenario is the ANB deal falls through and we keep Ned on the list for another year.

Uncontracted players (Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, Burgess and McHenry) are trying to find another club but some might get a 1 year contract from us if nothing else falls our way during the trade period.

The latest whispers from West Lakes.

The Good News; We will take pick 4, pick 25 and pick 42 to the draft. We expect Welsh will be (well) below pick 25 so pick 4, pick 25 and Welsh.

The Bad News;
Oliver - No
Pickett - No
Petracca - Never in the hunt
Lukosius - No
Rosas - No
Perryman - No
Cumming - No

The Ugly;
Only 4 changes to the list
Keane (R) - Gone
Parnell (R) - Gone
Hamill (R) - Gone
McHenry - Gone
No trade interest in Gollant, Berry, Schoenberg and Himmelberg. Gollant and Himmelberg move to the Rookie list on a 1 year contract.

The Diabolical;
Melbourne still want pick 25 for ANB but we are holding firm. Collingwood won’t give up pick 32 for Keane and are offering pick 42. We might have to give up our F2 for ANB. Worst case scenario is the ANB deal falls through and we keep Ned on the list for another year.

Uncontracted players (Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, Burgess and McHenry) are trying to find another club but some might get a 1 year contract from us if nothing else falls our way during the trade period.
That's a fairly depressing read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back