Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

arent the sanfl changing the rules so we can get previously listed AFL players for the sanfl top ups? maybe borlase is as you suggest and not on the AFL list
I think that is still waiting to be approved by the other SANFL clubs, so it puts us in an awkward position of needing to prepare for both circumstances occurring.

CG’s whispers haven’t started too well have they.

Most of the predictions were obvious - no Petracca, Pickett, Perryman etc

But let’s see if NO to Luko, Rosas and Cummin. Likely only getting one IMO anyway along with ANB.

And other predictions Berg and Gollant to rookie list

Good to see posters put genuine stuff out there but if it’s substantially wrong there is no integrity for “inside word” going forward.
tough call. Sometimes clubs deliberately put out false info or decisions change because of other events. The intel may have been passed on but it does not always have to turn out to be accurate or up to date

3rd hand information so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently Luko has all but agreed to terms and will request a trade to Port once finals are over. Likes the idea of a consistent forward roll given they are struggling for options at the moment.

This supposedly comes from someone connected to Alberton.

Personally I would have liked to grab him. I know it's on big money for a couple of years, but you wear it and take a punt.

3rd hand information so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently Luko has all but agreed to terms and will request a trade to Port once finals are over. Likes the idea of a consistent forward roll given they are struggling for options at the moment.

Personally I would have liked to grab him. I know it's on big money for a couple of years, but you wear it and take a punt.
I'll be ok if we get ANB, Cumming and go after a mid.

For the purpose of the poll question, what’s our definition of “Big Fish”?
tenor.gif

Seems the most likely scenario. There's a clear-cut role for him long-term at Port that may be slightly more murkier, at least short term, with us.

I'm pretty confident we've missed every trade and FA target and only have ANB coming by accident
That is the problem. Another year of talking big about recruiting hard and we may have only managed to accidentally run into ANB wanting a trade back to SA for personal reasons.

I just would to know how port get a deal over the line without any draft capital to trade with? I doubt trading Houston alone won't get the price GC would be asking for. Surely Port can't trade another Future First Rounder?

Makes the "bad news, he's gone, I have a source" voices look pretty silly, almost like there are some who make shit up just for the reaction.
So that Sean/Shaun who called FiveAA was full of shit? Colour me shocked.

That is the problem. Another year of talking big about recruiting hard and we may have only managed to accidentally run into ANB wanting a trade back to SA for personal reasons.

and the ANB trade is closer in value to Sam Gibson than Jordan Dawson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just would to know how port get a deal over the line without any draft capital to trade with? I doubt trading Houston alone won't get the price GC would be asking for. Surely Port can't trade another Future First Rounder?
What draft capital?, they have a 2nd this year and future picks. Plenty to get it done. Perryman likely also goes there and if they auction off Houston like it seems they are trying to ad get a top 10 pick and extras maybe, they will also get one of the better mids in this draft..or maybe a Will day projecting type in Travaglia?

We will get our top end mid, draft someone with 27 and get Welsh who is very much a project and ANB as others have said purely by accident. If we have missed Cumming and Luko, then its hard to argue Port having the stronger offseason if the cards fall that way.

IF and its an IF they do fall something like that, even more reason to sack whoever is running our trade arm as they would have talked a big game 2 years running and ended up sucking their thumbs

What draft capital?, they have a 2nd this year and future picks. Plenty to get it done. Perryman likely also goes there and if they auction off Houston like it seems they are trying to ad get a top 10 pick and extras maybe, they will also get one of the better mids in this draft..or maybe a Will day projecting type in Travaglia?

We will get our top end mid, draft someone with 27 and get Welsh who is very much a project and ANB as others have said purely by accident. If we have missed Cumming and Luko, then its hard to argue Port having the stronger offseason if the cards fall that way.

IF and its an IF they do fall something like that, even more reason to sack whoever is running our trade arm as they would have talked a big game 2 years running and ended up sucking their thumbs
Yeah fair enough, let's hope that doesn't occur.

As always, this period between end of season and trade week beginning is the absolute worst!

You do realise to get to pick 3 you need pick 5 and 6 or similar? Its not pick 12 and 14 or something

I reckon Georgiadis, Marshall and then Lukosius are almost three versions of the same template...they're all a 2nd/3rd target / leading forward that (i) you don't need three of and (ii) you can't really build a forward line around...you need the big contested marking target to anchor a forward line (IMHO). Think he would have been a better fit with us as a straight Walker replacement.

I reckon Georgiadis, Marshall and then Lukosius are almost three versions of the same template...they're all a 2nd/3rd target / leading forward that (i) you don't need three of and (ii) you can't really build a forward line around...you need the big contested marking target to anchor a forward line (IMHO). Think he would have been a better fit with us as a straight Walker replacement.
Thank Chirst they have OLLIE LORD THE ALMIGHTY!!!

Yep, Big missed opportunity to not cash in while he is still best 22 and worth something

This time next year Pedlar, Taylor, Dowling, Curtin, Edwards & Pick 4 could all go straight past him
I'd pick most of them them before him NOW

Aren’t you embarrassed to post this stuff like you have any idea. You are already wrong on Keane and trade period hasn’t even started yet.
The bloke is a complete muppet.

He wont be embarrassed by anything he writes here..

What is this... a rumour in the rumours thread? Feels out of place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back