Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 162 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Our best defense is Murray, Keane and Worrell
I agree, but I suspect that internally Butts is regarded as No 1

He had a good season to be fair but I prefer the balance of the trio you mentioned

Have a listen to Luke Hodge's comments about Chol and big FWD's in general .....just echo's my thoughts on "Soft" bigmen to a tee

We may have dodged a bullet on Chol ....there was a reason GC got rid of him, after trading him in from RICH

Now it seems GC are getting rid of Lukosius .....I'm sure there are some similarities, as an elite kick doesn't compensate, if you can't win your own ball in a Final

Listen from 18 min 15 sec

While Chol didn't manage to clunk anything, I thought he did a pretty good job at ensuring he brought the ball to ground for their smaller forwards to attack.

As someone we were targeting for depth, he'd have been a far better option than Burgess.

While Chol didn't manage to clunk anything, I thought he did a pretty good job at ensuring he brought the ball to ground for their smaller forwards to attack.

As someone we were targeting for depth, he'd have been a far better option than Burgess.
Big disparity in Contract $ value though ....Chol was only going to a Club, to be in best 22

He doesn't have an issue, he's doing what's required of him by the coaches, his No.1 job is shutdown the oppo's most dangerous KPF's which he does effectively especially consifering how much ball's been incoming from further up field.
Absolutely... having someone who can lockdown is important so we don't have more Amartey scenarios.

Just providing context to your post on kicking efficiency that you would expect someone who takes the safer options to be more accurate.

You would take Worrell kicking the ball over Butts any day, as he usually takes the more attacking option.

I still am interested in how Port can satisfy a trade for Luko if Houston stays.

I double checked the rules and you're supposed to draft two first rounders every four years.

Port drafted Josh Synn in 2021

2022 first round traded
2023 first round traded
2024 first round traded
2025 ?

Even if JHF counts as a pick that's still only 1 player in the last four years.
They cant. I posted about this last week too.

Our best defense is Murray, Keane and Worrell
Imo, it's more horses for courses depending on the opposition. If they have 2 big forwards needing lockdown, then Butts needs to play.

Murray & Worrell should be 1st choice, then between Keane & Butts depending on needs.

Allows us to manage the players during the year (hopefully like Scott does with the Cats)... as well as trying Murray & Worrell in different roles.

Luke Parker to North Melbourne a whisper on SEN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think Bailey Smith is considering Gold Coast and that's why he hasn't named Geelong as club of choice, as his real desire is to get out of the Kennel at any cost.
Hope he does choose the Gold Coast over the Cats & would be a good pick up for then. Would give them a gun midfield group.

Also, means Suns would need to move Lukosius on for sure... though Port still in the mix.

I thought the opposite

Looks lazy and disinterested at times, seems to pick and choose what contest he wants to commit too.

At the moment Hawks don’t have great KPF depth, but he could be in strife if they develop more key forward options

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks that way now as with Murray, Keane, Worrell, Butts we have our 4 key backs with both Worrell and Keane able to play intercept. If we end up with injury to a few of them, Hinge can also assume the 3rd man up role as he has done before so we are covered. I genuinely feel for Borlase as he has been solid every time he has been called on and not done much wrong and whilst it may be unlikely, I hope he gets a new home int he AFL if delisted.
Port coukd look at him.
If ratagulea is considered a failed trade in as a defender and they continue to retool him as a fwd their defense is exposed again so he coukd fill the same role there he has for us as a solid back up in case of injuries

Imo, it's more horses for courses depending on the opposition. If they have 2 big forwards needing lockdown, then Butts needs to play.

Murray & Worrell should be 1st choice, then between Keane & Butts depending on needs.

Allows us to manage the players during the year (hopefully like Scott does with the Cats)... as well as trying Murray & Worrell in different roles.

How often do teams actually pick and choose their defense based on the opposition?

I thought the opposite

Looks lazy and disinterested at times, seems to pick and choose what contest he wants to commit too.

At the moment Hawks don’t have great KPF depth, but he could be in strife if they develop more key forward options

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think that would be the aim long term. He's someone that should be depth or that 3rd string forward/2nd ruck type option which is what he is and what we were looking for him as - he wasn't going to be playing if TT, Tex and Fog were all fit.

Mitch Lewis should be the first fiddle but is always injured. Dear had a breakout game (if possible as a first year player) and could be something very strong for them in the future - not quite sure if he'll fill out to be a KPF or a Gunston type replacement.

Key position players in general are Hawks weakness which they're quickly looking to fix with Battle and Barrass in the back half. Those additions could give them the flexibility to throw someone like Sicily up forward too. But certainly an area I'm sure they'd love to improve on.

Big disparity in Contract $ value though ....Chol was only going to a Club, to be in best 22
Which is why he didn’t come here

Think we were always targeting him as depth- really it was to fill the Himmelberg list spot not burgess (confident we let Befg go if we land chol)

He got an offer that gave him a crack at best 22 more genuinely so he would always take that

We were chasing him on the likelihood/hope that type of offer didn’t come IMO

Makes the "bad news, he's gone, I have a source" voices look pretty silly, almost like there are some who make shit up just for the reaction.
From memory he did an interview on AA, and everyone including Club ambassador BACCS agreed he was gone after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back