Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong get the player and pick 7.

We will give up pick 7 to get the player.

The difference between a competent club and an incompetent one.
that doesnt happen for no reason

something happened under the table and it happened twice between GC and Geelong. its not about competence its about some kind of corruption between the people involved on both sides. there is no other explanation

I have some vague memory that Dangerfield struck a friendship with him and that they were talking to each other most of the year
In his on field interview after the Port game Dangerfield said that Bowes came to the cats even though he had an offer for more money elsewhere, maybe that was us? Maybe we were prepared to pay him his full gc contract money, rather than smoothing it out over extra years like the cats did?

Last edited:

So the guy getting pushed out by a club and coach, and getting stiffed on the most valuable 2 years of a back ended contract by that club, wants "the best deal" for that club.

Sounds legit 🤣
If you read it correctly it says I’m not sure what he meant by only the crows can stuff it up… so I’m guessing as to the reasons how

that doesnt happen for no reason

something happened under the table and it happened twice between GC and Geelong. its not about competence its about some kind of corruption between the people involved on both sides. there is no other explanation
And the third party, the AFL, who changed the rules so it could happen. The AFL media should be ashamed that they let that proceed without any scrutiny. Shows they know where their bread is buttered. Contrast that to the absolute refusal to let anything about the camp die down no matter what.

If you read it correctly it says I’m not sure what he meant by only the crows can stuff it up… so I’m guessing as to the reasons how
I’m guessing the playing group and off-field staff might not be on the same page? Playing group likes him a lot and still sees him as valuable, while Campbell/Hardwick see differently

In fairness, the "wanting to get a good deal for GC" was speculation from Swan97, not his/her source (which he/ she was pretty clear about).
Feenix has a lot riding on Luko not coming so of course he's going to be like this about anything saying otherwise. Of course if it actually happens he'll just shift the goalposts and act like he never said anything...

Feenix has a lot riding on Luko not coming so of course he's going to be like this about anything saying otherwise. Of course if it actually happens he'll just shift the goalposts and act like he never said anything...
Rubbish. He's stated Lukos dad has said the family previously haven't been big AFC fans given how Jarman and Edwards sons were dealt with.

Whether that's fair from the three families is of course up for debate, but we have form with misleading players or playing them in the team before delisting them. That's the problem with not being consistent in match committee and rewarding form.

I happen to know for a fact what Feenix has said is true.
But circumstances have changed since Hardwick doesn't want Lukosius contract on GCs books, and the club are actively trying to offload him because they dont intend to play him as a forward and spend that much on a fringe player, and Jack now doesn't really have a choice other than to find himself the best deal as well as future opportunity to play AFL.

Which by all reports appears to be the Crows. He's not going to snub his nose at a 7 year deal on good money just because the family weren't happy with how the other 2 were dealt with.
If Port offered the same deal and could get GC to agree to the trade Lukosius would likely choose Port.

Cal Twomey is usually bang in with his draft predictions. A month ago he had Draper ranked as the 7th best mid this year.
No idea why so many on here are saying he’ll go to WC at 3, none of us would have the slightest clue how it will pan out.

Cal Twomey’s 2024 Draft Predictions
Yeah, apparently Weagles strongly considering him.

Regardless of who they take, there will be a quality midfielder at pick 4... which we must not trade!

Reckon Collingwood may offer their pick ~30 for Luko and they (GC) are shopping to see if they can get a better deal elsewhere.... Feel like pick 25 is slightly overs for both ANB and Luko but will probably be used for one of them

Reckon Collingwood may offer their pick ~30 for Luko and they (GC) are shopping to see if they can get a better deal elsewhere.... Feel like pick 25 is slightly overs for both ANB and Luko but will probably be used for one of them
collingwood have already said they are out of the luko race

its afc or port

Yeah, apparently Weagles strongly considering him.

Regardless of who they take, there will be a quality midfielder at pick 4... which we must not trade!
Think there’s a less than .1 chance that pick is traded, at this point

The F1 is the pick that’s up in the air, for better or for worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

collingwood have already said they are out of the luko race

its afc or port
Realistically, Pies are not going to take Lukosius on $950K pa, given they are still paying for players at other clubs.

My gut feel says he chooses Port as they have more of a need, but not sure Lukosius is a logical thinker given he is considering remaining at Gold Coast.

Realistically, Pies are not going to take Lukosius on $950K pa, given they are still paying for players at other clubs.

My gut feel says he chooses Port as they have more of a need, but not sure Lukosius is a logical thinker given he is considering remaining at Gold Coast.
i look at this like this if i was luko

if you come to us you have the best defenders on tex fog RT. luko should be able to run around and cause chaos.

if he goes to port he is getting THE best defender every week. georgiadis is not tall enough to get the best KEY defender. luko is the main man. does that suit his personality and style ? there wont be marshall or dixon

Agree mate but Pies are desperate for forwards and seemingly always linked to someone...! But as poster said above they sound like they are out....

Going to be a fun fun trade period! :$ :$

In his on field interview after the Port game Dangerfield said that Bowes came to the cats even though he had an offer for more money elsewhere, maybe that was us? Maybe we were prepared to pay him his full gc contract money, rather than smoothing it out over extra years like the cats did?
From memory Bowes said geelong was the one that made him feel like they wanted him the most and not the pick (yeah they fooled him)

Rubbish. He's stated Lukos dad has said the family previously haven't been big AFC fans given how Jarman and Edwards sons were dealt with.

Whether that's fair from the three families is of course up for debate, but we have form with misleading players or playing them in the team before delisting them. That's the problem with not being consistent in match committee and rewarding form.

I happen to know for a fact what Feenix has said is true.
But circumstances have changed since Hardwick doesn't want Lukosius contract on GCs books, and the club are actively trying to offload him because they dont intend to play him as a forward and spend that much on a fringe player, and Jack now doesn't really have a choice other than to find himself the best deal as well as future opportunity to play AFL.

Which by all reports appears to be the Crows. He's not going to snub his nose at a 7 year deal on good money just because the family weren't happy with how the other 2 were dealt with.
If Port offered the same deal and could get GC to agree to the trade Lukosius would likely choose Port.
What's rubbish is this crap about the Edwards and Jarman sons being dealt with unfairly, both were lucky to be given a shot at an AFL career given not one other AFL club had one iota of interest in either. Tyson Edwards especially has a history of being a malcontent.

I would call Drapers kick elite for a ruck. His 55 meter lace out bullett to Wright in the first quarter against us was possibly the best kick by a ruckman I’ve ever seen. We must see very different things.

Anyway, we’ll see next year.
He's had some shocking misses in front of goal. One I can never forget was his 25m kick on a slight angle which didn't even make the distance and Brodie Smith marked it uncontested in the goal square.

What's rubbish is this crap about the Edwards and Jarman sons being dealt with unfairly, both were lucky to be given a shot at an AFL career given not one other AFL club had one iota of interest in either. Tyson Edwards especially has a history of being a malcontent.
See "whether that is fair or not".

See "whether that is fair or not".
I see that and it's crap, both were given a chance which was being charitable by the Crows given neither Ben or Jackson had a skerrick of interest from other clubs and we were very upfront with Luke and again that was the right decision..

This is just an assumption, there is no intel or reports to validate this theory

GC have been vocal about they are happy for Luko to stay if the right deal can’t get done

Salary dump is not a factor in this trade

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with first sentence but logic dictates it’s partly a salary dump along with a player they don’t rate that highly. Not a top 10 player for them going forward but on 1m/year doesn’t equate.

Clearly they want him gone the way this has played out. But it’s seems to not be the “desperation” like it was with Bowes and their salary cap 2-3 years ago

Last edited:
I see that and it's crap, both were given a chance which was being charitable by the Crows given neither Ben or Jackson had a skerrick of interest from other clubs and we were very upfront with Luke and again that was the right decision..
and were also proven right on not picking up luke edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back