Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

OR ....your opinion of the club infrastructure is flawed

Let's face it, there isn't a poster here that has the slightest clue, of who is performing well or not .....linking players form to coaches or development is only fodder for BF chat

Players are normal people, and they can also have things going badly off-field ....Pedlar's year was clearly of his own doing

None of us are inside the club but we can use data that tells an alarming story.

1. Our win / loss should be better at this stage or a rebuild - we should be playing finals.

2. We have 2 x first round pics delisted in Gullucci and McAsey, Ned will soon be the 3rd player while at the same time passing on players like Butters.

3. None of our draftees in past 8-10 years have been All Australian.

4. None of our current coaches have been targeted for high roles, whether that be assistant coaches for senior roles, or development coaches for assistant roles.

When you look at all this in combination, we obviously haven’t got it right.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now you're rewriting history ....I'll guarantee, your vote in the polls at the start of the year, was to make Finals .....most posters did

So ...we were going to make Finals, despite having a bad Coach

Spock.gif
Sure, making finals should have been the expectation, and since we didn't meet that expectation (in fact, were never even close), locking in the coach who wasn't able to meet those expectations was a ludicrous decision.

Thank you for making my point for me.

edit: here you go champ. Show me where I'm re-writing history.

1726456293792.png

I’ve thrown my hat into the ring for DOC can’t see it being that hard a job. “Matt, Scotty, Naf I’m sorry fellas but Silvers said they have three security guards employed to guard the bee this week but they all called in sick, so downstairs and we will catch up post game. Jack, you’re 3 from 3 so far, let’s make it 4”

Now you're rewriting history ....I'll guarantee, your vote in the polls at the start of the year, was to make Finals .....most posters did

Spock.gif

Just because there was a combination of hope and expectation that we would make the finals it doesn't mean that the decision to extend Nicks when they did was warranted.

Quite the contrary, many here were optimistic however they wanted the club to at least wait until he had proven something before giving him an extension.

Last edited:
Director of coaching sounds like a cop out to me, the kind of thing you do when your coaches are bad but you don’t want to replace them.

What's the point, it'll just be another person appointed who already aligns with all our values and philosophies. Just paying for another voice to be saying the same thing that's already being said.

What's the point, it'll just be another person appointed who already aligns with all our values and philosophies. Just paying for another voice to be saying the same thing that's already being said.
What if it was someone like Nathan Buckley? or Jimmy Bartel that got the gig...would you still feel the same way?

our values and philosophies "Don't make fun of PA supporters. " . :D :D :D

PA 'We exist to win premierships"

Just because there was a combination of hope and expectation that we would make the finals it doesn't mean that the decision to extend Nicks when they did was warranted.

Quite the contrary, many here were optimistic however they wanted the club to at least wait until he proven something before giving him an extension.
Waynus said we had to sign him then because we were at risk of Nicks being poached, turns out we didn’t know he meant by Gaza

Waynus said we had to sign him then because we were at risk of Nicks being poached, turns out we didn’t know he meant by Gaza

The best one

If we hadn't of signed him, West Coast would now be trying to poach him

🤣🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of us are inside the club but we can use data that tells an alarming story.

1. Our win / loss should be better at this stage or a rebuild - we should be playing finals.

2. We have 2 x first round pics delisted in Gullucci and McAsey, Ned will soon be the 3rd player while at the same time passing on players like Butters.

4. None of our current coaches have been targeted for high roles, whether that be assistant coaches for senior roles, or development coaches for assistant roles.

I'm not 100% on point 1. Agree though that next year should be a significant improvement (7-10 range) on this year to be trending the right way. Lots of rebuilding teams end up with a down year, rarely do they improve in ladder position every season.

Point 2 & 3 are excellent points.

Point 4 - Rahilly is very well regarded although it's not like he wasn't before he came here. Our ability to find someone and develop them into a better coach is low / non existent.

To me your points above show many different areas of the club are not exactly elite. Sacking Nicks doesn't magically make everything better. Depending on what's available it could make it worse

We haven't, but some of these factors could be interrelated, ie is win/loss due to players, coaches, or both? Are our players missing out on AA because of their coaching? Do the coaches look poor because the players aren't good enough? Or all of the above?
I think with 1-2 better midfielders, and better coaches, we'd be playing finals. Unfortunately that could be years away

We haven't, but some of these factors could be interrelated, ie is win/loss due to players, coaches, or both? Are our players missing out on AA because of their coaching? Do the coaches look poor because the players aren't good enough? Or all of the above?
I think with 1-2 better midfielders, and better coaches, we'd be playing finals. Unfortunately that could be years away
We should have been last year, and that was before we decided to throw Rankine in the middle.

A lot of backslapping and bathwater drinking and a bit of 'woe is us" occurred over the summer.

Tom Morris talked about the crows on SEN this morning.

• Already been discussed but help for Nicks in director of coaching. Mentioned it is hard to fill this type of role. Bucks thoughts on this were interesting.
  • Talk of Silvers enacting change in football department and wouldn't be surprised if there is more change
  • Post season debreif which is standard - mentioned younger players wanting to drive higher standards. He mentioned Thilthorpe, Rachele & Fog. Mentioned that Dawson went through his time at swans and what they did
  • He said Cumming has his fiances family in Adelaide and his brother also. Either us, Port or stays.
I'm sure I missed a few things. Worth a listen
lol so the review outcome is Nicks needs senior help, this is the bloke who has coached for 5 full seasons needing someone senior to help him. Maybe Tim you and the other ****wits should have not re-sighed him after round one and instead got yourself a new coach.

WaynesWorld19 so how you feeling knowing your man needs his hand held after 5 years? Good idea to stop him going rogue bonkers again?

Spock.gif
You know the point being made all pre-season was wait to see if Nicks can actually take us to the finals and no need to re-sign him early. You’re the one who said we were at risk of him being poached.

So tell me, who was right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back