Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No one has said Craig was SOLELY responsible for our fitness, but he was a major part of it. Stop letting your hatred for Craig blind you FFS.

Except you're not just crediting him for fitness, you're crediting him as the reason we won the flags. You've got him ahead of Blight when in fact Brian Sando provided the foundation for our ability to train harder and recover better. Neil Craig was part of it, but nowhere near as important as you apologists need to believe.

Chris Davies I’m pretty sure is born and bread SA, played junior cricket at Southern Districts before crossing to Adelaide and played a heap of under age cricket for SA.

Unless he was born in VIC and lived here when he was very young
I know him and his family. Lovely bloke.

Everyone is talking like 25 for ANB is a sure thing and will be one of the first deals done.
No one is allowed to talk about what might or might not happen, unless it’s a Mostyn PlayStation trade.

Genuine question : who ultimately decides where luko plays ? Luko or GC?
I think you will find there is a lot of bluff and counterbluff with this one to try and get leverage.
GC are saying they won’t push him out unless they get fair compensation… which is crap, they have to.
Luko is saying he would prefer to stay on less money… which is crap, he will take the best deal.
And Adelaide are probably saying we won’t give up our F1… which is crap, we would do anything to salvage that ‘18 draft.

Going to be who blinks first.

I think you will find there is a lot of bluff and counterbluff with this one to try and get leverage.
GC are saying they won’t push him out unless they get fair compensation… which is crap, they have to.
Luko is saying he would prefer to stay on less money… which is crap, he will take the best deal.
And Adelaide are probably saying we won’t give up our F1… which is crap, we would do anything to salvage that ‘18 draft.

I reckon its done tbh and F1 is gone. We better get something back to get dodson.

Probably why the rumour has advanced to GCS giving pick 26 as well instead of a straight swap for F1 from that "prominent" 5AA caller which mean we will absorb the $2M since we clearly have the salary cap. If that's true, there's a good chance we can hold out for pick 20 then you probably trade a F1 thinking at most it will be pick 10 with a much easier draw.

Probably why the rumour has advanced to GCS giving pick 26 as well instead of a straight swap for F1 from that "prominent" 5AA caller which mean we will absorb the $2M since we clearly have the salary cap. If that's true, there's a good chance we can hold out for pick 20 then you probably trade a F1 thinking at most it will be pick 10 with a much easier draw.
While I think we could actually do even better, I am really excited if we get Luko for that. I was lucky enough to watch him and Rankine in 3 or 4 games live in their draft year, and Lukoscius has serious talent. I look at how much both Rankine and Elijah Hollands have improved since leaving GC and I genuinely think we might be getting a star. His decision making, poise and disposal are simply elite, and those are commodities that we don’t have a lot of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon its done tbh and F1 is gone. We better get something back to get dodson.
I think you’re right and our F1 will be part of the deal, it really is about what we get back. I think there is virtually zero chance we draft a ruck (we love Taylor Goad and have been into Sam Draper for 4 years now), but there will be some bloody good players available at 12 or 20 if we can snag one of them.

No one is allowed to talk about what might or might not happen, unless it’s a Mostyn PlayStation trade.
It’s one thing to say you’d hate it if we used pick 25 for him, quite another to condemn the club for their gross incompetence when it hasn’t even happened. And within three pages it becomes folklore. It’s ridiculous.

Except you're not just crediting him for fitness, you're crediting him as the reason we won the flags. You've got him ahead of Blight when in fact Brian Sando provided the foundation for our ability to train harder and recover better. Neil Craig was part of it, but nowhere near as important as you apologists need to believe.
Bullshit. Nowhere have i ever said he’s the only reason we won those flags. FFS.

Jay Clark added: I mean, Jack Lukosius, I’m not so sure he was in Gold Coast’s best 22 by the end. He was dropped by Damien Hardwick ... Where does he play? I don’t think he set the world on fire.”

There is no way we should be even close to giving a first rounder for a guy on $1 million that some people are saying is not in GCS best 22
And if they want to get Rioli in as well, they need Luko off the books.
Jay Clark is Vader confirmed

Both confused about repeatedly and both talking him down

Luko will be a great fit for our side . Now where he plays may cause some issues but thats on the cub to smooth out. As a show of faith I would delist Walker but we have nailed our cross and we wait

Blight himself even acknowledged how important Craig was to those premierships. I heard those words come from HIS mouth, not Trigg or anyone else.
that narrative was started by bruce mcavaney, who probably never played a game in his life, he used to have a chat with trigg when they came over

the reason blighty didn't start it is because it is such a ridiculous thing to say 😃 everyone is already super fit by then! preseason is about making gains, the regular season is about maintenance because you're so sore recovering from playing

this is why something like the extra week off before finals was controversial when introduced because it allowed teams with lesser depth more time to recover! not more time to get fitter!

when asked blight is too modest to say: 'actually fellas by round 22 everyone is completely knackered and hanging on by a thread and you're spending most of the week recovering anyway'. instead he says 'neil had the boys a super fit hard running side, we won 5 finals in a row, i don't think people realise what an achievement that was!'

and someone like yourself comes along and says 'i heard it MYSELF, he said Neil craig was INSTRUMENTAL in the crows' success!'

that narrative was started by bruce mcavaney, who probably never played a game in his life, he used to have a chat with trigg when they came over

the reason blighty didn't start it is because it is such a ridiculous thing to say 😃 everyone is already super fit by then! preseason is about making gains, the regular season is about maintenance because you're so sore recovering from playing

this is why something like the extra week off before finals was controversial when introduced because it allowed teams with lesser depth more time to recover! not more time to get fitter!

when asked blight is too modest to say: 'actually fellas by round 22 everyone is completely knackered and hanging on by a thread and you're spending most of the week recovering anyway'. instead he says 'neil had the boys a super fit hard running side, we won 5 finals in a row, i don't think people realise what an achievement that was!'

and someone like yourself comes along and says 'i heard it MYSELF, he said Neil craig was INSTRUMENTAL in the crows' success!'
Take a breather Neil

I haven't seen a bigger load of horseshit since someone dumped a truckload at Punt Road in 2016.

didnt he say a second coming back not F2

thats pick 26

If we're giving up a top 10 pick for a player GC are forcing out I want at least 20 back. Honestly I think it should be 13.

Lets assume we end up with pick 7 next year. Even this makes me uneasy.

AFC: 7

GC: Luko + 13

I haven't seen a bigger load of horseshit since someone dumped a truckload at Punt Road in 2016.
It's all pretty funny, because people's personal biases show pretty quickly on this matter.

It's a pretty well known fact that colostrum, in the context of high performance sport, is all about aiding muscle recovery. So absolutely Doc Sando had an impact on our program.

It's a pretty well known fact that Craig's training methods were innovative and, both anecdotally and empirically, led to increased fitness and endurance of our squad.

It's a pretty well known fact that Blight was a great coach, and some of his methods and moves were instrumental in us winning two flags.

All these facts can coexist.

Jay Clark is Vader confirmed

Both confused about repeatedly and both talking him down

Luko will be a great fit for our side . Now where he plays may cause some issues but thats on the cub to smooth out. As a show of faith I would delist Walker but we have nailed our cross and we wait
jon ralph quoted something i wrote last week word for word so they definitely look at these pages...

If we're giving up a top 10 pick for a player GC are forcing out I want at least 20 back. Honestly I think it should be 13.

Lets assume we end up with pick 7 next year. Even this makes me uneasy.

AFC: 7

GC: Luko + 13
Depends if 13 this year gets a player thats potentially as good or maybe even better than the player selected at 7 next year. Its a deep draft this year they say

Bullshit. Nowhere have i ever said he’s the only reason we won those flags. FFS.
100%. Neither you, or I or ANYONE has said Craig is the sole reason we won the flags. 'Talk about extreme'. I actually said Blight was the number one reason but Craig was integral to the flags with his fitness regime (and you have heard Blight say the same thing). Why would Blight lie about this? Thats right, he wouldnt.

This forum is like being in a US election debate at times with the lies and shit some spin. As another poster said Blight AND Craig AND others (Doctor etc) can all be materially responsible but nobody thinks its solely Craig. I am trying to work out the sentiments and motivations of those that refuse to give Craig credit - its totally illogical and extreme - but everyone sees the world differently I suppose

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back