Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet he picked him again after dropping him for a week.

The Suns have a glut of talent, theyre largely pushing him out because he's good but not worth what he's paid.

He will thrive away from then, like almost every other player who has left them has done.... almost.
That's what every Club & every supporter says about a new recruit ....we'll change him, he'll flourish under our system

You're thinking it's a salary cap squeeze that's forcing him out ......the reality, is Hardwick is weeding out players who won't perform in Finals

195 cm elite kicks are very valuable ....you gotta read the tea leaves on this

Even another top 5 pick ?? I wouldnt
Are you condemning us to bottom 5 next season?

Not every top 5 pick is an absolute star, many just play out decent AFL careers. Luko has room for improvement and would be a top 10 player at our club from day 1.

I think he is worth pick 10 as is and could become a player worth pick 5. Time is also running out, I'd rather contend while dawson is still around and we won't contend while waiting 3 years for our draftees to build to AFL levels.

That's what every Club & every supporter says about a new recruit ....we'll change him, he'll flourish under our system

You're thinking it's a salary cap squeeze that's forcing him out ......the reality, is Hardwick is weeding out players who won't perform in Finals

195 cm elite kicks are very valuable ....you gotta read the tea leaves on this
We shall see.

Even the best coaches are wrong at times.

Are you condemning us to bottom 5 next season?

Not every top 5 pick is an absolute star, many just play out decent AFL careers. Luko has room for improvement and would be a top 10 player at our club from day 1.

I think he is worth pick 10 as is and could become a player worth pick 5. Time is also running out, I'd rather contend while dawson is still around and we won't contend while waiting 3 years for our draftees to build to AFL levels.
With our coaching team, without significant change I can see us bottom 5 yes.

Future 1st with GC's Pick 20 this year coming back....

It's a text book salary dump, we shouldn't be taking any less
I think that's fair too but our list spots don't tend to indicate we're using many picks this year.

Unless there's a trade request we're yet to hear about.

We should be using pick 20 this year though.

Luko will find plenty of the ball if he's not expected to play as Key Position player...I'm playing him wing roaming between the arcs/high half forward. Tall wingman in the style of Isaac Smith.

If Luko comes to Adelaide I'd be highly surprised it would be in a Key Position role.
Yep, he wouldnt need to do it.

Luko will find plenty of the ball if he's not expected to play as Key Position player...I'm playing him wing roaming between the arcs/high half forward.
If Luko can't play as a 3rd tall fwd ....and you want him as a wingmen, ....you really are doing what GC have tried to do already

Fancy a high draft pick still without a position after all these years

I'd rather play Curtin as that high HF / Mid

We shall see.

Even the best coaches are wrong at times.
On this ....nah, I've seen too many soft bigmen

The Jack Watts comparison is apt .....being soft destroyed Schache's career ....3 clubs tried ...MELB who are manic desperate for a FWD, wouldn't play Schache

I can spit out 15 who were highly rated and all excelled at state level, failed in the AFL ....and certainly in Finals, where dump kicks and chaos balls are the norm

I hear this comment every Draft period ....elite kick, and it sees players rise up the draft board .....BUT ..you can't kick the ball if you can't win the ball yourself

And in Finals, it's players like Luko that let you down .....Hardwick is no fool ....he was also correct on Mabior Chol, ditched him at RICH, immediately ditched him at GC .....and lo & behold, is a focus again, for the same reasons at HAW

Hardwick wants Luko out .....he knows soft bigmen are poison
And yet it appears Nicks wants him, your opinion of Nicks then?

On this ....nah, I've seen too many soft bigmen

The Jack Watts comparison is apt .....being soft destroyed Schache's career ....3 clubs tried ...MELB who are manic desperate for a FWD, wouldn't play Schache

I can spit out 15 who were highly rated and all excelled at state level, failed in the AFL ....and certainly in Finals, where dump kicks and chaos balls are the norm
The guy kicked 40 goals last year in a very ordinary side. Josh Schache didnt double that in his career

Jack Watts was thrown to the wolves as a number 1 pick at Melbourne when they were horrendous.

The guy kicked 40 goals last year in a very ordinary side. Josh Schache didnt double that in his career

Jack Watts was thrown to the wolves as a number 1 pick at Melbourne when they were horrendous.
Excuses.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just not true, posters on here were saying the same about rankine.

He is easily worth a a pick in the 10-15 range.
Rankine is a small forward and medium midfielder with class and poise for his position.

Luko is a third tall forward with average one vs one but has elite kicking and vision.

Summary:
Rankine is worth a first rounder... Luko worth a early second rounder.

Reasons rather than excuses.

Hardwick wants to drag a 30+yo, cooked Dustin Martin to his club. I guess because he's Damien Hardwick he gets a pass mark for that too.
Let's see if Dusty plays ....or just going thru the motions

I wouldn't be using him as part of your argument .....I assume the thrust of your post is Hardwick is not a good judge of talent

I'm trying to say .....it's not about talent !!

Every player who is drafted is talented ....can they develop, are they driven to succeed, and will they stand up in finals ...not just home & away games

Keays is not a particularly talented player .....but in Finals, he's my first player on the whiteboard

So the difference between ‘way overs’ and fair price is 8 picks
Yes I believe in terms of first round picks, there is a big difference between a pick 10-12 and a pick in the mid 20's.

Also, that is best case scenario if we do manage to jump up the ladder and push into the 8 next year. If we have another down year (which is a very real possibility) then we are paying pick 5-6 for him.

Seriously if we give up a F1 for Luko we are f**ked.

He is worth a F2 given the state of play, its what his value was assessed a couple of months back and still holds true if anything its overs given the Suns salary cap constraints.
Initially I hought he was worth a first, based on the couple of games I'd seen him towel us up. After all the stories it looks like he's not worth it. A 3x premiership coach doesn't want him... 🤔

This is just not true, posters on here were saying the same about rankine.

He is easily worth a a pick in the 10-15 range.
I am all for bringing Luko in, I think he would be a good addition to the team. I am just wary of giving up our future first rounder for him. We are no certainty to jump up the ladder, so we could be giving up a top 5 pick.

If we do make the deal, you would want to hope we get something decent back this year.

I hear this comment every Draft period ....elite kick, and it sees players rise up the draft board .....BUT ..you can't kick the ball if you can't win the ball yourself

And in Finals, it's players like Luko that let you down .....Hardwick is no fool ....he was also correct on Mabior Chol, ditched him at RICH, immediately ditched him at GC .....and lo & behold, is a focus again, for the same reasons at HAW

Hardwick wants Luko out .....he knows soft bigmen are poison

And yet they might be getting EH...

And yet they might be getting EH...
He's a stop gap move ....no draft capital, no big contract ....so entirely different scenario

But I agree with your point in principle

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back