Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Future 1st with GC's Pick 20 this year coming back....

It's a text book salary dump, we shouldn't be taking any less
If this was a firm offer GC would have agreed already (and driven Luko to the airport) and Luko would have asked for a trade by now.

Since Gibbs we have a policy not to put anything out in the media unless a trade can be made. If we are not moving on refusing a first to be involved it makes sense that we haven't heard anything yet.

Amazing isn't it .....the board constantly blows up on nepotism for ex Crows players ....yet here we are advocating Rutten come back to the Crows as an assistant Coach

Why? .....give me a reason ....because all I can see is hypocrisy
Has anyone that goes on with that jobs for the boys checked out Geelong's coaching staff and list manager.
Coaching staff
Chris Scott - Brisbane AFL
James Kelly - Geelong AFL
Stephen King - Geelong AFL
James Rahilly - Geelong AFL
Mark Corrigan - Geelong VFL
Brad Ottens - Geelong AFL
Nigel Lappin - Brisbane AFL

List Manager
Andrew Mackie - Geelong AFL

Has anyone that goes on with that jobs for the boys checked out Geelong's coaching staff and list manager.
Coaching staff

List Manager
Lots of winners in that list….

Coaching staff

List Manager
Bit different when your club has won a bunch of flags.

A three time premiership winning player is a bit more impressive than someone who played in the 2003 Wizard Cup triumph.

Coaching staff

List Manager
Oh yes, I can see the hypocrisy .....however it's been a huge talking point about Crows appointments

VB has copped it ....Doc copped a lot for being the Ruck Coach of ROB .....it's as if a player's performance is the direct result of his Coach ......it's never the player's fault for a bad game

Oh yes, I can see the hypocrisy .....however it's been a huge talking point about Crows appointments

VB has copped it ....Doc copped a lot for being the Ruck Coach of ROB .....it's as if a player's performance is the direct result of his Coach ......it's never the player's fault for a bad game
Our coaches, selectors and list management assemble the list and team on the park.

If they're not getting it done that's their responsibility to find better players, or stop picking them.

So you’re back onto blaming the players when only days ago you defended Hamish and Reid. So who selects these players and then who continues to play them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaching staff

List Manager
The boys club is a dead and buried argument. We possibly have the least boys club types than we ever had and they still aren't happy. I expect it will go full circle and they will start asking why we don't have more former players around the place

Amazing isn't it .....the board constantly blows up on nepotism for ex Crows players ....yet here we are advocating Rutten come back to the Crows as an assistant Coach

Why? .....give me a reason ....because all I can see is hypocrisy
Rutten has excellent resume as an assistant to the point he was selected as senior coach for essendon.

While that obviously imploded, the fact that he was so highly rated makes him appealing, like Voss, or Teague, or Bolton, or Ratten, etc.

Failure the first time around doesn't mean your not a good coach and wouldn't have a lot to offer.

Most assistant coaches aren't on a heap of money so if you have a connection to SA you are easier to recruit, making the high quality assistant coaches pool for us relatively small compared to Collingwood.

Our coaches, selectors and list management assemble the list and team on the park.

If they're not getting it done that's their responsibility to find better players, or stop picking them.
That's a great philosophy .....but we're talking about people, often with issues going on in RL

It's a fact, AFL Coaches across the board are reluctant to drop players .....it's a different generation of player these days, that reacts to the slightest hiccup ....you know, like Petracca .....not even going to the Clubs B & F

But onto the Crows ....our issue with a young list, short on experienced depth ...you have to keep playing them

With a greater exposure of youth last season, and an influx of 3-4 quality players ...our depth should facilitate more competition for spots

But Nicks will have to be prepared to make tough calls

Agreed.

F1 for Luko and 20 is fine. I'm less enthusiastic about 26. But I want the pick for this year.

Of course, if we could do 25 and 26 to Brisbane for 15, I'd be happy.
Variation may be

F1 + 25 for Luko and 13.

Then you may get one of the best mids sliding to that pick meaning we get 2 of them in this draft!!

Edit> The other thing a deal like that does is scupper any chance Melbourne have of getting our pick 25 for ANB

Coaching staff

List Manager
They are a succesful club, they don't need to justify anything. The Boys Club at the AFC is a bunch of blokes who think and act the same, not necessarily ex Crows pepole who have delivered 30 years of mediocrity at best.

Rutten has excellent resume as an assistant to the point he was selected as senior coach for essendon.

While that obviously imploded, the fact that he was so highly rated makes him appealing, like Voss, or Teague, or Bolton, or Ratten, etc.

Failure the first time around doesn't mean your not a good coach and wouldn't have a lot to offer.

Most assistant coaches aren't on a heap of money so if you have a connection to SA you are easier to recruit, making the high quality assistant coaches pool for us relatively small compared to Collingwood.
I can guarantee you ....Rutten will never get an AFL senior coaching gig ....and there were big divisions around his last appt

Coaching staff

List Manager
If we had dominated the AFL the way Geelong have in recent times, then I would be more open to jobs for the boys. Until then, and since our boys don't know how to even spell success, would prefer we get our people from elsewhere.

That's a great philosophy .....but we're talking about people, often with issues going on in RL

It's a fact, AFL Coaches across the board are reluctant to drop players .....it's a different generation of player these days, that reacts to the slightest hiccup ....you know, like Petracca .....not even going to the Clubs B & F

But onto the Crows ....our issue with a young list, short on experienced depth ...you have to keep playing them

With a greater exposure of youth last season, and an influx of 3-4 quality players ...our depth should facilitate more competition for spots

But Nicks will have to be prepared to make tough calls
"Issues going on in real life".
What?

Does this excuse apply to every club equally, or just more prominent with us in why we have failed?

"Issues going on in real life".
What?

Does this excuse apply to every club equally, or just more prominent with us in why we have failed?
You don't think anyone in the workplace doesn't have something major going on, which impacts performance & motivation?

Why are players exempt ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back