Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I am that excited by Rutten but any change is good.

Also not sure why he would take on the role, we couldn't offer him anymore than two years and he would know that Nicks is every chance to only last 12 months. I would of thought there would be more job security in Victoria.

Depending on what you want out of the role I'd go for someone like Jade Rawlings in a Senior Assitant role.

He has coached an AFL team all be in an interim capacity and can clearly coach himself. As far as I know none of Hombsch, Burns or Van Berlo have coached their own team.

Essendons the sort of club that needs a boss who creates divisions. Brad Scott is doing the same now.
At least there's a Club now, which is unified behind its Coach

Not sure I am that excited by Rutten but any change is good.

Also not sure why he would take on the role, we couldn't offer him anymore than two years and he would know that Nicks is every chance to only last 12 months. I would of thought there would be more job security in Victoria.

Depending on what you want out of the role I'd go for someone like Jade Rawlings in a Senior Assitant role.

He has coached an AFL team all be in an interim capacity and can clearly coach himself. As far as I know none of Hombsch, Burns or Van Berlo have coached their own team.
Jade has failed at a couple of assistant jobs already

13 games in the last 4 years ....has never stuck 4 consecutive games together B4 getting injured

But he's made a lot of money NOT playing AFL
I recall a few gaps in 2022 being due to suspension more so than injury.

Last time i recall seeing it was a hamstring injury but I feel he'd be a beast for someone if they managed to get his body right. Would add more over Strachan imo.

I recall a few gaps in 2022 being due to suspension more so than injury.

Last time i recall seeing it was a hamstring injury but I feel he'd be a beast for someone if they managed to get his body right. Would add more over Strachan imo.
Being an ex Rugby player ...Preuss has a tendency to be over zealous ;)

At least there's a Club now, which is unified behind its Coach
Whose club is dropping back down the ladder? Dunno if I'd be using Essendon as a reference point for good decision making, in fact it would be the polar opposite for me. If Rutten's considered shit inside the four walls there, get him in as fast as we can is all I can say.

Jade has failed at a couple of assistant jobs already

It depends if you want someone for the game day strategy or more a coaching coordinator. Ideally both but no many candidates around.

Anyway, that's what I'd do based on what I've observed but get he is behind people like Rutten. I wasn't expecting much support.

Anyone saying pick 25 is def what's gonna go on for ANB, prior to any free agency picks becoming available is mad. Free agency picks plus picks acquired during trades plus pick trading all come on to the menu before we have to get this guy, its nonsense to think the clubs are definitively talking over an existing pick we have.

That said, I don't doubt they've given us an asking ball park and 25ish maybe it but we've heard nothing about any picks we might get back etc, so its a good he said she said clickbait story for the bedwetter reacters at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our F1 is not worth pick 5.

First, it’s next year. A player picked this year can develop next year and even play next year. Unless it is immediately traded, a future pick is literally worth nothing for a year. Would you rather have $1000 now or $1000 in a year?

Second, the pick is unknown. The range is pick 1 to pick 22 or so (after academy and father sons). There’s a signuficant risk to the buyer they’ll get worse than pick 5.

So, it’s silly to say F1 = pick 5. It might end up being pick 5, but it’s worth much less.
Someone should pin this post for commonsense. Well said.

Amazing isn't it .....the board constantly blows up on nepotism for ex Crows players ....yet here we are advocating Rutten come back to the Crows as an assistant Coach

Why? .....give me a reason ....because all I can see is hypocrisy
I think most folk have no problem with bringing ex-players back in if they've spent a reasonable amount of time in a good club environment and have proven coaching talent

His record there is looking a lot better with time.
I think Kornes is right when he says ex-senior coaches get put in the bin too easily in AFL. Rutten is likely to have more to offer us right now than, for example, VB or Burns.

Leppitsch, Ratten, Bolton and Voss all appear to have been pretty useful in their post senior coaching careeers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back