Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 9, last 11th July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 119 90.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not here to win or lose any arguments, just talking footy.

Can we not see things differently - acknowledging that neither of us actually know the facts?

Reality is that Josh has played some good midfield footy and performs at a pretty good level as a forward. Problem is that you don’t pay 6 for a good small forward. His progression towards midfielder has stagnated and there’s been a few worrying events as a footballer in general. It’s almost like his natural talent is fighting our talent/confidence sapping development.

FullyBigKPro, the stats don’t lie

As I said, happy to wait and see how he goes second half of the year.

But surely even the most ardent Fog supporters would want him (at 25yo, 100~ games experience) to at least have one huge game (even if it is against a bottom 4 team) where he dominates and is in the game for all 4 quarters and kicks a bag.

But surely even the most ardent Fog supporters would want him (at 25yo, 100~ games experience) to at least have one huge game (even if it is against a bottom 4 team) where he dominates and is in the game for all 4 quarters and kicks a bag.
Mate, he's been running to the spots Tex doesn't want for 5 years now. He's been very good in Tex's absence and shown more than enough to take the keys when they are finally handed to him.

I'd like to see him get even league average service too

Mate, he's been running to the spots Tex doesn't want for 5 years now. He's been very good in Tex's absence and shown more than enough to take the keys when they are finally handed to him.

This is something that most supporters willingly ignore or are oblivious to. Tex controls everything that happens in the forward line and the sole design is to have the ball directed to him.

Walker. Port.

You heard it here first.
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

He's not avoiding physical contact.

He had one really bad moment where he heard footsteps.

The dropped mark was just that, and the incident Cornes brought up last weekend was nothing to do with not wanting contact.

Calling players cowards - which is really what this is - is really rough.
And that one was really because the waiting just went on that little bit too long.
He’d already gone back with the footy so he had no issues putting his body on the line but it just went for a second longer than he was expecting I reckon and was all but expecting contact.

This is something that most supporters willingly ignore or are oblivious to. Tex controls everything that happens in the forward line and the sole design is to have the ball directed to him.
I do think Fog will play well in that roaming CHF roll at the top of the 50 that Tex enjoys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what else they will ignore

That he is still walking laps 3 weeks after being omitted with back spasms

I wonder why people want Tex to play on?

Is it the last of the 2009/2010 players and the supporters don't want to feel old

Or is it that they think Tex will teach the new gen before he goes, the new Gen that fight over the scraps after Tex gets his?

Or do they think next year is our year?

The time has come, it sucks, it does but we may still be a few years before finals, Tex next year probably makes it one more year.
I am happy for him to play on as the he guys a special talent, produces plenty of highlights and makes the Crows much more fun to watch. Plenty of other issues in the rebuild besides Tex playing another season IMO.

I am happy for him to play on as the he guys a special talent, produces plenty of highlights and makes the Crows much more fun to watch. Plenty of other issues in the rebuild besides Tex playing another season IMO.
Symptomatic of the issue of the rebuild.

We should never have put Sloane on the books this year, let alone for the contract we did. We got zero return for a shitload of money.

We may have kept Smith on long enough to trigger another contract

Now everyone is OK with a guy who can't get on the park, walks laps at training because he can't run causing us to have Murphy and Keays in the side because he can't chase getting another contract around 800k because he's a special talent.

He's 35 next year and struggling, people aren't supporters, they are enablers of all that is wrong with this club, we shouldn't be a family, we should be a ****ing football club.

Apricot slice brigade has turned into the happy clappers.

Don't get me wrong, I have loved watching Tex, fav player since D Jarman/Macca but lets not pretend keeping him on is anything more than us wanting to relive past glories. If we were making the top 6 next year, sure but our list is very short of being able to afford playing a guy for 12-15 games net year because his body can't hold up.

That is what St Kilda does and I'll be damned if I think that is how I want this club to turn out to be*

*I know this is a long post Mostyn but you do not need to be concerned

Last edited:
Symptomatic of the issue of the rebuild.

We should never have put Sloane on the books this year, let alone for the contract we did. We got zero return for a shitload of money.

We may have kept Smith on long enough to trigger another contract

Now everyone is OK with a guy who can't get on the park, walks laps at training because he can't run causing us to have Murphy and Keays in the side because he can't chase getting another contract around 800k because he's a special talent.

He's 35 next year and struggling, people aren't supporters, they are enablers of all that is wrong with this club, we shouldn't be a family, we should be a ****ing football club.

Apricot slice brigade has turned into the happy clappers.

Don't get me wrong, I have loved watching Tex, fav player since D Jarman/Macca but lets not pretend keeping him on is anything more than us wanting to relive past glories. If we were making the top 6 next year, sure but our list is very short of being able to afford playing a guy for 12-15 games net year because his body can't hold up.

That is what St Kilda does and I'll be damned if I think that is how I want this club to turn out to be*

*I know this is a long post Mostyn but you do not need to be concerned
He was All-Australian last year mate, and Keays and Murphy aren't in the side because of Tex. I couldn't care less about past glories - certainly don't look back fondly on the last 8 years of the club. But yeah sure, we could bring in another guy like Burgess to play the games Tex would have played next year, or another bad draft choice with no weapons. And of course both of these would be 'enabled' by the Apricot slice brigade, not the work of recruiting or list management.

We should have Welsh

Thats not Burgess . He has been identified as a forward talent.

Its time to hang the boots up and move forward
Is he ready to play at AFL level? I haven't seen any of his SANFL games but the stats don't suggest he's doing a whole lot - not that one should expect him to at his age either. And given talk seems to be he's more of a 3rd tall build, especially in his first first seasons I don't see him covering Fog/TT if they're out.

Back