Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 9, last 11th July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 119 90.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn look like they got burnt with Denver Granger-Barrass the following draft at pick 6 as well.

Listening to Twomey it sounds like he'll be moved on in some way, shape or form at the end of this season
Ironically I was a fan of DGB - disappointing but thats how it goes sometimes

Weren’t they more mid/latish first rounders?
Yes slightly later as you probably know - Davis (10), Talia (13) and Lever (14, likely top 5 before ACL)

Not sure there is massive historical difference between success of pick 6 and 10 and honestly don’t really care. The substance of what I am saying has been said and I wont repeat again after this post - KPD are valuable, we had nailed every first round KPD pick historically, Mc Asey was the standout tall at this pick and was VIC Metro MVP and many of the most successful clubs in the last decade - inc cats and tigers - were widely rumoured to be looking at trading up to get him.

That said, the pick ###### up, made worse by many other good players drafted after him. Nobody can reasonably argue against this and as Kristof said it hurts as is Hamishs biggest blemish. We all know having Day or Pickett now would be amazing. Didn’t happen, time to move on.

The thing is we debate the same old shit over and over on this site. Anything I am saying here has been said a FEW (estimated perhaps 10) times before (by me certainly and others) and the opposing sides is bordering on an unhealthy fixation with the subject by repeating the same points not dozens of times but HUNDREDS of times by individual posters. By George, they should know who they are.

Perhaps we all need to get a life.

The thing is we debate the same old shit over and over on this site. Anything I am saying here has been said a FEW (estimated perhaps 10) times before (by me certainly and others) and the opposing sides is bordering on an unhealthy fixation with the subject by repeating the same points not dozens of times but HUNDREDS of times by individual posters. By George, they should know who they are.

Or we should get better recruiters

End of the day it's hard to believe that McAsey was legitimately pick 6 on the talent order. They reached and picked for need and got burnt
Geelong is exploring ways to jump into the top 10 at next week’s national draft.
The Cats, who have picks 14, 17, 24 and 36, have held preliminary talks with several clubs about bundling up multiple picks in exchange for a single-figure selection.

Clubs can continue to trade draft picks until the November 27-28 event and can cut deals on the night.

Moving into the top 10 would put Geelong in the frame to secure one of the two most highly rated talls in Luke Jackson and Fischer McAsey.

And Twomeys Phantom. Funny thing not many mention is Stephens would have likely been taken if not Mc Asey, inc if we stayed at 4.

6-Phantom-Draft-2019.jpg

FISCHER McASEY​

POS: Defender
Ht 197cm, Wt 91kg, DOB 8/3/01
From Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro

DRAFT PROFILE Bio, stats, highlights and more

Adelaide has put plenty of time into McAsey across the season, and could land him with its first pick. The Crows moved back from pick No.4 to No.6 in a deal with the Giants confident a player they liked would be available, and McAsey was never going to be off the board by No.6, despite some interest from the Swans. The Crows don't have much youth in their key-position ranks so McAsey shapes as a long-term player if they swoop. The strong-marking key back has also been used in attack at times, with his versatility and game sense a strength.

If not him? Local option Dylan Stephens is right in the Crows' mix and would also bring something new to their midfield unit. Half-backs Hayden Young and Lachie Ash have also been linked to the club, while Sam Flanders will be considered if on the board.

Yes slightly later as you probably know - Davis (10), Talia (13) and Lever (14, likely top 5 before ACL)

Not sure there is massive historical difference between success of pick 6 and 10 and honestly don’t really care. The substance of what I am saying has been said and I wont repeat again after this post - KPD are valuable, we had nailed every first round KPD pick historically, Mc Asey was the standout tall at this pick and was VIC Metro MVP and many of the most successful clubs in the last decade - inc cats and tigers - were widely rumoured to be looking at trading up to get him.

That said, the pick ###### up, made worse by many other good players drafted after him. Nobody can reasonably argue against this and as Kristof said it hurts as is Hamishs biggest blemish. We all know having Day or Pickett now would be amazing. Didn’t happen, time to move on.

It matters because we traded back to pick 6, so we used a very high draft pick.

As for once again posting like a condescending moral crusader. It’s not up to you what, how and when we and I post. It’s not you to judge whether it’s healthy or the quality of my life.

So stop being a ********, if you don’t like it there’s the ignore function.

It matters because we traded back to pick 6, so we used a very high draft pick.

As for once again posting like a condescending moral crusader. It’s not up to you what, how and when we and I post. It’s not you to judge whether it’s healthy or the quality of my life.

So stop being a ********, if you don’t like it there’s the ignore function.
OK Mr Pedantic :)

You were being pedantic and now you’re being a dick
All good man, off for a kayak and then boozy late lunch so won’t waste any more of your time today and apologies
if you found anything offensive. The “pedantic” thing clearly was a joke throwing back the same comment made without any intended malice.

Hoping you have a good day mate. That’s genuine - we are actually all on the same side here and ultimately want our passion to come good. We are all frustrated here and want things to turn around.Cheers

If they were better players these would be great picks is saying precisely nothing. KPD is so valuable in draft terms that everyone thinks we're set there with players acquired with extremely low value assets. You can get them later.

You know what you do tend to need to acquire early? Elite midfielders.

A replacement midget, not an extra one. But more seriously this always a knock on him prior to drafting yet he has forged a v good career despite it.
The main consideration is whether he’s still got it or not. Our 2 short people never had it in the first place.
This is weird - ‘midget’ got through but ‘midget$’ was changed to ‘short people’.

Last edited:
Geelong is exploring ways to jump into the top 10 at next week’s national draft.
The Cats, who have picks 14, 17, 24 and 36, have held preliminary talks with several clubs about bundling up multiple picks in exchange for a single-figure selection.

Clubs can continue to trade draft picks until the November 27-28 event and can cut deals on the night.

Moving into the top 10 would put Geelong in the frame to secure one of the two most highly rated talls in Luke Jackson and Fischer McAsey.

And Twomeys Phantom. Funny thing not many mention is Stephens would have likely been taken if not Mc Asey, inc if we stayed at 4.

6-Phantom-Draft-2019.jpg

FISCHER McASEY​

POS: Defender
Ht 197cm, Wt 91kg, DOB 8/3/01
From Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro

DRAFT PROFILE Bio, stats, highlights and more

Adelaide has put plenty of time into McAsey across the season, and could land him with its first pick. The Crows moved back from pick No.4 to No.6 in a deal with the Giants confident a player they liked would be available, and McAsey was never going to be off the board by No.6, despite some interest from the Swans. The Crows don't have much youth in their key-position ranks so McAsey shapes as a long-term player if they swoop. The strong-marking key back has also been used in attack at times, with his versatility and game sense a strength.

If not him? Local option Dylan Stephens is right in the Crows' mix and would also bring something new to their midfield unit. Half-backs Hayden Young and Lachie Ash have also been linked to the club, while Sam Flanders will be considered if on the board.
Interesting .. either Hayden Young or Lachie Ash would've been wins

I wonder if Twomey had legit inside info we were into Stephens, or that was just because he was from SA ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty gruesome list of company kept by this risible drivel

Whilst I'm not pushing for Draper, certainly adds a lot more around the field vs what ROB does.
Ned Moyle was a miss unfortunately but I don’t want another 5 or 6 years with a butt average ruckman.
Tom DeKonings last two games rounds 13 and 15 as a solo young ruck/mid hybrid won the games for Carlton and coaches votes , with Pittonet out look forward to seeing him again tonight. I know this board doesn’t want to use Thilthorpe in that way but he can be that type with his skill set if the club has the kahuna’s to try imo.

Ned Moyle was a miss unfortunately but I don’t want another 5 or 6 years with a butt average ruckman.
Tom DeKonings last two games rounds 13 and 15 as a solo young ruck/mid hybrid won the games for Carlton and coaches votes , with Pittonet out look forward to seeing him again tonight. I know this board doesn’t want to use Thilthorpe in that way but he can be that type with his skill set if the club has the kahuna’s to try imo.
Doesn’t play with DeKoning’s grunt

Back