Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 124 87.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes sense with the Berry and Collingwood rumour.

He is good mates with Eddie Maguire's son, and Eddie at times on AA has always spoken highly of him.
Eddie said his son and their mates all came over to Adelaide for Berry's debut game too. As I said before, if he plays to the level he did against Brisbane, he will be a loss for us in the years to come. He had a very good game.

Currently Essendon has that pick.
Yes. But Collingwood don't have a pick before 26. I rate both Berry and Keane highly. I wouldn't accept a pick lower thay 15, that will push back with priority picks.

Would you?

Collingwood and us will need to get creative to get the job done.

Yes. But Collingwood don't have a pick before 26. I rate both Berry and Keane highly. I wouldn't accept a pick lower thay 15, that will push back with priority picks.

Would you?

Clubs will be able to trade future, futue picks

Always had the impression Pyke had the final say on Thompson getting his final season from what was published at the time
My ears perked up when I heard Campo talk about Thompson just late last week, he said that he told Thommo that his roles was to leave a legacy for those in 2017 to make the GF, that Thommo 'deserved' to be there - but they obviously retired him at the later half of the season before finals started, becoming just a SANFL player.

So maybe it was Pyke who retired him?

My ears perked up when I heard Campo talk about Thompson just late last week, he said that he told Thommo that his roles was to leave a legacy for those in 2017 to make the GF, that Thommo 'deserved' to be there - but they obviously retired him at the later half of the season before finals started, becoming just a SANFL player.

So maybe it was Pyke who retired him?
That's interesting. My memory at the time he was given a 1 year extension was that Pyke told him he was not guaranteed senior selection. Basically, that chances were he'd be playing some or a lot of SANFL

And his only game was woeful

Campo giving him a reach around in the press?

Would you?

Not too creative, future first would be 90% of the required 15.

That's interesting. My memory at the time he was given a 1 year extension was that Pyke told him he was not guaranteed senior selection. Basically, that chances were he'd be playing some or a lot of SANFL

And his only game was woeful

Campo giving him a reach around in the press?
It goes to the coach tendency to over regard a fading player based on the credit they put on the board for the previous ten years, doesn't it. We seem to be doing it now, rewarding players who stuck through the crap times since 2017, even as their replacements standby as ready and flighty if not rewarded.

I'll be watch Hawkins closely when we he gets fitness back at the end of this season, will his coach of over 300 games be able to resist the urge to play him in the finals? Or will he make the same mistake they all seem to make (Scott did it for Selwood I think but managed to carry him through to the GF win) and play the out of form, too old player as the reward for loyalty, previous form and hard work.

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Back