Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

The scoring overall has seemed a tad arbitrary with no real explanation of how tricks are scored, or indeed how many judges are scoring.
Bit like AFL umpires...

Our BMX girl currently is second. I hate events where judges decide points. Her second ride was amazing.
Who the heck would know with any of those subjective sports?

Gymnastics, diving, skateboarding.

They used to show each individual judge's score but they've done away with that, presumably because the discrepancies from one judge to another were so huge

Last edited:
Women's hockey and women's water polo both on right now.

Personally I wish the Olympics focused more on adding objectively judged sports because they are much easier to follow. Eg sport climbing (who climbed faster?)

It's a bit bizarre we have breakdancing and dressage (which is just horse dancing) in the Olympics for example, but not baseball, netball or cricket (cricket is being added next time)

Some sort of team multi sport would be cool too, kinda like a pentathlon but each team has to play basketball then soccer then rugby or something

It's a bit bizarre we have breakdancing and dressage (which is just horse dancing) in the Olympics for example, but not baseball, netball or cricket (cricket is being added next time)

Throw in 3x3 basketball in the ‘bizarre events’ list. It’s a training drill - how is that an Olympic sport.

Also, baseball/softball are back in LA too (they seem to be on again/off again depending on who’s hosting)

Throw in 3x3 basketball in the ‘bizarre events’ list. It’s a training drill - how is that an Olympic sport.

Also, baseball/softball are back in LA too (they seem to be on again/off again depending on who’s hosting)

I'd like to think if they're including 3x3 basketball (which even more weirdly was pronounced "three ex three" not "three by three" by the commentators) that darts and bowling would be eligible sports

I mean darts is basically a 3x3 basketball of archery

Women's hockey and women's water polo both on right now.

Personally I wish the Olympics focused more on adding objectively judged sports because they are much easier to follow. Eg sport climbing (who climbed faster?)

Some sort of team multi sport would be cool too, kinda like a pentathlon but each team has to play basketball then soccer then rugby or something
I like the biathlon in the Winter Olympics. Cross Country skiing + shooting. Or as the yanks call it, Winter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On that basis, I would've thought it appeared I. Tokyo given the popularity of the sport there.

Re: Netball, I wonder if that will be added to 2032, it might be a team sport we could actually win gold at.

On that basis, I would've thought it appeared I. Tokyo given the popularity of the sport there.

Re: Netball, I wonder if that will be added to 2032, it might be a team sport we could actually win gold at.
The issue with netball is you need men's and women's comp for it to get off the ground and that's the push back on it currently. The men's netball game isn't developed enough currently.

Cricket is coming in at LA too

Remove this Banner Ad

Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back