News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

its exactly the things that a President should be involved in

heck I wish I could find that newspaper article of Pridham having a whinge on Bassats whinge

Pridham is the biggest whinger in the AFL

how old Tommy boy, getting a backhander in after Ross took to to task on Thursday
utter flog

Yet another pea-brained private-school mummys-boy of a journalist taking a cheap shot, when in reality, they themselves are useless flogs, their entire living based off pointing the finger from across the school yard.

Also WTF was with Leigh Matthews, doing his best Weekend At Bernie's impersonation lol

Tom Morris is a weasel with no integrity who knows fa about our club. Let's not forget his brilliant idea was to sell off all our best players, we know how that usually turns out.

me too i cannot now get it to work on articles either.

archive.vn doesn’t tend to work for Code Sports articles (they have a better blocking system in place). Best to go the original source (Herald Sun) in this instance and copy the firewalled page and then post it… works that way. Btw.. Stavro#4 posted this article on the weekend in the trade thread discussion

Pridham. ".... I moved my focus to setting up a great facility and getting the right people to my club."

Simon Dalrymple says Hi from RSEA Park you moronically stupid flog, Pridham.

Click bait Cornes & Tom Morris on SEN Breakfast discussing Saints and Ross. Fingernail deep analysis Kane 😆

Everything they say is fair though. Lyon is let off the hook because no-one expects the Saints to be successful. King is better off out of St Kilda. We have stuffed his career so far.

The parallels with Malthouse are bizarre. Like identical.

Everything they say is fair though. Lyon is let off the hook because no-one expects the Saints to be successful. King is better off out of St Kilda. We have stuffed his career so far.

The parallels with Malthouse are bizarre. Like identical.
I don’t see the parallels. Carlton got Malthouse in because they thought they were ready to win the flag. We got Ross in because we knew deep down we were shite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the Cornes & Morris SEN article titled as click bait by some.

I dont often agree with Cornes but in these statements he is 110% correct. Lyon does deserve to be feel the heat and be questioned particularly given how out of form much of the club are. The putrid style of football they are playing, mostly including their inability to score and the clubs handling of Max King. The kid looks depressed and looks to be hating playing the game.

Too many players have gone backwards, there are continued whispers of discontent at the club, senior players wanting out, the entire club looks sour and Lyon is wholely responsible for the 2024 disaster!

I don’t see the parallels. Carlton got Malthouse in because they thought they were ready to win the flag. We got Ross in because we knew deep down we were shite.

The parallels are the way they went after sacking Ratts. Won a final first year then started nose diving the next. Bizarre coincidence.

The parallels are the way they went after sacking Ratts. Won a final first year then started nose diving the next. Bizarre coincidence.

Bit of context missing here. Carlton had the 5th oldest list in 2013 at 25.4 years, 6th with games at 99.

Odd comparison to our list profile which has been top 5 youngest for large parts of the season (currently 7th youngest).

I don’t see how this is identical just because where Carlton finished on the ladder in a couple of seasons.

Cornes reckons we could have lost that game by ten goals. Amazing considering Port kicked 8 goals.

I agree with him, it was their inability to score that kept us in the game. Ports forward connection was putrid yesterday, it was worse than ours, but their midfield completely dominated. Once again people look at the final score and believe we are not far off, it couldnt be further from the truth, we are a train wreck and the entire club are not enjoying playing the game atm.

I agree with him, it was their inability to score that kept us in the game. Ports forward connection was putrid yesterday, it was worse than ours, but their midfield completely dominated. Once again people look at the final score and believe we are not far off, it couldnt be further from the truth, we are a train wreck and the entire club are not enjoying playing the game atm.
Righto.
Port should have got more goals but for their poor forward connection.
We don't deserve more goals because of our poor forward connection.

Righto.

Any team that dominates through the midfield like they did should win by 10 goals, we will never have that ability with the current list. Most of our goals come from defensive turnovers which is simply not sustainable nor rewarding. And yes their forward connection was 3 x times worse than ours because of there midfield ability to deliver the ball at speed. We rarely move the ball quickly into our F50...

People need to realise the style of football Lyon has the club playing keeps us in games, nothing more.

Any team that dominates through the midfield like they did should win by 10 goals, we will never have that ability with the current list. Most of our goals come from defensive turnovers which is simply not sustainable nor rewarding. And yes their forward connection was 3 x times worse than ours because of there midfield ability to deliver the ball at speed. We rarely move the ball quickly into our F50...

People need to realise the style of football Lyon has the club playing keeps us in games, nothing more.
Wouldn't it also mean that when we can start winning the midfield (in the event that we have more capable players) we'll f'n smash every team we play against?
Defensive turnover is a major component of all good teams plans.
We move the ball fast plenty, just usually not for long because the players **** it up.

And why does he play that style of game?

Because he has inherited a one paced midfield group that are by and large plodders who can’t go with the majority of the midfields in the competition - burnt to a crisp yesterday by Butters, Rozee & JHF.

And he has tried every possible midfield combination at some time this year - Steele, Ross, Crouch (1 game cooked), Windy, Pou, Henry, Dow, Jones, Sincs, Clark, Owens, Stocker & Garcia (have I missed any?). Not sure what more levers he can pull with what’s available.

We are going nowhere under any coach until we can draft / attract a better group of young quality mids who are dynamic & skilled.

Here is the Cornes & Morris SEN article titled as click bait by some.

I dont often agree with Cornes but in these statements he is 110% correct. Lyon does deserve to be feel the heat and be questioned particularly given how out of form much of the club are. The putrid style of football they are playing, mostly including their inability to score and the clubs handling of Max King. The kid looks depressed and looks to be hating playing the game.

Too many players have gone backwards, there are continued whispers of discontent at the club, senior players wanting out, the entire club looks sour and Lyon is wholely responsible for the 2024 disaster!
He’s correct but always shirks making the hard call on Hinkley, who is an inferior coach to Lyon.

Righto.

It’s that we are competitive because we spend a lot of energy negating what our opposition is doing. It’s exciting when you are getting reward for hard work but losing like that is dispiriting and unmotivating. We need mids to even out the balance and if that’s a baseline we need more avenues to goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back