News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Crouch has been pretty candid with people saying he doesn't think he'll play again.

Bloody sad.

Jesus, if my old 2008 Ford dies, i hope i don't have to replace it with a 2007 Holden.

And of course our answer to having to replace a constantly injured midfielder is……another constantly injured midfielder. I’ll feel better about it if we have pick 4+5 though.

Staggering we can only get three years out of a FA mid. More 18 year olds please.

Dougal Howard on SEN Dwayne’s World 24/7

Dougal Howard on SEN Dwayne’s World 24/7

My take on the interview is that Dougal sounds like he is confident of staying and getting a new contract sorted... It came across like it was his camp that wanted later contract talks as he wanted to string some games together first. Obviously happy to wait out and see what Battle does etc in the hope of getting a few extra $$$ himself.

To me that makes more sense as losing Battle and Howard the same year wouldnt be sensible. It also marries in with attempting to get Butts across to fill Battles spot if he departs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great video, but christ I hate that song. I always hated that singer's voice.
Yeah Soph wasn't high on talent but it's not a bad ditty. Funny enough after not hearing that for years there was a cover of it on the wireless an hour before l saw that clip, and when l got to work this morning guess what was playing in the factory.

Yeah Soph wasn't high on talent but it's not a bad ditty. Funny enough after not hearing that for years there was a cover of it on the wireless an hour before l saw that clip, and when l got to work this morning guess what was playing in the factory.
I guess the groove is OK, but the lyrics are excrement and the bored/ing Southern English Sophie Ellis-Bextor was the poorest fit for a tune since Johnny Cash, Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, Baxter Dury and Ian Curtis teamed up to cover Wannabe by the Spice Girls. Hearing her sing lyrics written for some American singer puts us Brits in our place IMO.

In short, it rivals "Zombie" by The Cranberries as Most Annoying Song of the nineties, and in the top 10 of all time.

I guess the groove is OK, but the lyrics are excrement and the bored/ing Southern English Sophie Ellis-Bextor was the poorest fit for a tune since Johnny Cash, Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, Baxter Dury and Ian Curtis teamed up to cover Wannabe by the Spice Girls. Hearing her sing lyrics written for some American singer puts us Brits in our place IMO.

In short, it rivals "Zombie" by The Cranberries as Most Annoying Song of the nineties, and in the top 10 of all time.
Now you’ve made me listen
And I liked it

Ross looking annoyed at his presser today, looked like only 1 reporter there & hardly any questions on the game.
AFL media is getting lazier and lazier. Bevo was calling it out a couple of months ago when only one reporter showed for the post game presser.

Moorabbinghost, if you are even on here any more. Is this you? I wouldn’t be surprised as you seemed to be one of the few actual ITK’s. Just after Falmingo.

View attachment 2058693
A very very interesting theory there UU.

The ghost above( I wonder if his nickname is Casper..... :) :) ) is naturally at every training session

An absolute character btw.

He'd challenge RTB's mantle as far as 1 liners go.

I'd never thought before of a possible connection.

Chumbawamba says you're wrong.

These French bastards were pretty annoying too.

Good signs from champion data with our recent form:
  • They’ve got us having the 4th best turnover game in the last 2 months (we are 2nd in last 5 weeks).
  • Brad Hill in the top 10 for kicks inside 50 across the AFL.

Interestingly AFL data has us high across a number of contested possession stats, including GBGs (2nd) and hard gets (2nd), as well as high across loose gets (3rd) and crumbs (1st) for the year.

Metrics across scoring efficiency also well up in last 5 weeks.

Given scoring from stoppage and centre bounce is so bad (last in the league), think we could jump quicker than people realise with infection of young talent into the guts.

Good signs from champion data with our recent form:
  • They’ve got us having the 4th best turnover game in the last 2 months (we are 2nd in last 5 weeks).
  • Brad Hill in the top 10 for kicks inside 50 across the AFL.

Interestingly AFL data has us high across a number of contested possession stats, including GBGs (2nd) and hard gets (2nd), as well as high across loose gets (3rd) and crumbs (1st) for the year.

Metrics across scoring efficiency also well up in last 5 weeks.

Given scoring from stoppage and centre bounce is so bad (last in the league), think we could jump quicker than people realise with infection of young talent into the guts.

I don't think it's young talent. it's having players available.

We had Butler and Snags missing and a decimated midfield. Then guys like Wood and Sinclair injured early on too. We should expect to be a side between 5 and 12 on the ladder. Lyon gets a let off this year due to injury but he'd want to bounce back up next year.

It's pretty incredible how quickly plenty on here just accept that we are a bottom 4 side among the absolute bottom out sides and still blow Lyon's trumpet like he should be unassailable.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back