List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are you thinking then?

Josh rachele is one I think we should be looking to bring home and after him getting dropped and hung out to dry could be gettable
The guy doesn't know anything, he's just claiming they're up to something big for starters.
And I just don't think we're a chance to get either of them as those teams would be wanting to hold onto them and even if those guys left they'd be nominating Carlton.

SDK has gone backwards as a defender this year, so much so they threw him in the ruck to get him out of a slump.
Cats seem unsure of what his best position is long term. I'd prefer SDK out of the two because he's younger.

I guess the flipside is that our player retention over the past couple years would have be among the highest in the league.

Would be hard to attract elite talent to a club like ours, but we're doing a lot better at keeping good players than many clubs much higher up the ladder.

I wish the AFLPA would publish the results from the club-by-club player satisfaction survey they do. For all the lack of Cotton On and Hungry Jacks franchises we can offer, we must do pretty well there.
Lol we have done well with retaining our players as most wouldn't be getting senior games at other clubs (with a few exceptions of course)!

Absolutely silly not to put a massive offer forward for SDK. Preference over any Houston deal.

Play KPD for us, earn a shit load and at the end of 2025 when your brother is RFA, we will get him across to us to play as a FWD.

You'll both be playing together making a bag at an up and coming team full of elite 19-20 year olds.

Lol we have done well with retaining our players as most wouldn't be getting senior games at other clubs (with a few exceptions of course)!
Re-signed Sheezel :heavycheck:
Re-signed Wardlaw :heavycheck:
Re-signed Larkey :heavycheck:
Re-signed Zurhaar :heavycheck:
Re-signed Curtis :heavycheck:
Re-signed Xerri :heavycheck:
Re-signed Chom :heavycheck:

All were sought after by other teams by varying extents.

If it helps Tom Hawkins was on $45k per season since 2011 because he wanted to make a sacrifice to keep the group together
Imagine the sacrifices Pattie Dangerfields is making. He's so lucky that the tribunal hasn't handed him any big fines when they've dismissed the cases against him or he'd probably be paying out of his own pocket to play footy.

Re-signed Sheezel :heavycheck:
Re-signed Wardlaw :heavycheck:
Re-signed Larkey :heavycheck:
Re-signed Zurhaar :heavycheck:
Re-signed Curtis :heavycheck:
Re-signed Xerri :heavycheck:
Re-signed Chom :heavycheck:

All were sought after by other teams by varying extents.
So their managers told us.

Not so sure we didn't get the raw end with the Zurhaar deal either

Chom, Larkey and Xerri all said that they wanted to repay the faith we had in them over long periods of development / injury

Curtis would be lucky to hold a spot in some of the top teams

Sheezel and Wardlaw have bought into the Clarko belief as they weren't part of the previous administrations shit shows.

Last edited:
On the Port board they are mulling over how to split our pick 2...
Yeh I saw that, along with demands for our pick 2, 2025F1 & a our next 2 yrs worth of 2nd round picks for Houston.

So going to the club you barracked for as a kid is a thing... unless it's North Melbourne?

Good to see Collingwood's fluid cap on show.
Got us covered. I'll show this image to our BFNAAK's Josh Weddle, Max Gruzewksi, Nate Caddy and Darcy Wilson and then have them repeat the words "I must come to the NMFC".
Acid Trip Wtf GIF by Bubble Punk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like the commentary around moving next years first into this year, or using it for Houston.

With next year being able to trade two years in advance on picks, it opens up the ability to potentially buy back in to any draft.

Id do next years first for picks 9 and 27 from Fremantle in this years draft is a good trade

Really like the commentary around moving next years first into this year, or using it for Houston
With next year being able to trade two years in advance on picks, it opens up the ability to potentially buy back in to any draft.

Id do next years first for picks 9 and 27 from Fremantle in this years draft is a good trade
I have come around to this way of thinking as well with future trading opening up next year. Will the value of a 2025 first round pick traded into this year be higher than if trading next year. It is easy to envisage a shift in how players are valued with a larger pool of picks available.

Really like the commentary around moving next years first into this year, or using it for Houston.

It might be tougher to get teams to trade out next year though if they need to match a bid in the same round on a F/S or academy kid. We'll have to wait and see what the bidding rules are I guess and whether you can match a bid with a future first if you can't trade into that round. Won't matter for us until 2026 with Harris and McCartney.

So their managers told us.

Not so sure we didn't get the raw end with the Zurhaar deal either

Chom, Larkey and Xerri all said that they wanted to repay the faith we had in them over long periods of development / injury

Sheezel and Wardlaw have bought into the Clarko belief as they weren't part of the previous administrations shit shows.

Ya kidding aren’t ya? I wonder how good him and some of our other players would be in a gun side.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back