List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t blame Houston for preferring the Blues - he’s in his prime years and I can understand him wanting to play finals vs 2-3 more years in a rebuild. Question will be is his move to VIC more important than short term on field success? If it is, then I have no doubt he’ll be a happy nmfc player. But cannot begrudge him thinking all things equal he’d prefer to play for the blues.
This +1

Nah less don't give him the entire trade period, we have other targets to move onto.

We might have the luxury of doing it, if we end up trading picks potentially that can be done any time. Not sure we'll have another high impact fish on the line, would be fun if we did though.

I thought his first preference was to stay at Sydney. Wouldn't they just keep him if he was good, given they used a good pick on him?
Of course they will keep him if they think he is any good.

Some say rejected first round picks are the oldest trap in the book. However, we have had such a great record of resuscitating these players, why not add another one to this list?

Aidan Bonar, Jordan Gysberts, Paul Ahern, Stevo, Dom Tyson, Taylor Hine, Nathan Hrovat, CCJ, Dylan Stephens

The Dan "Whitney" Houston play list for the next 2 weeks;
Pre AFL Trade Period: I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
AFL Trade Period: How Will I Know
Carlton's 1st offer: Saving All My Love For You
North's 1st offer: Thinking About You
Carlton's 2nd offer: Greatest Love of All
North's 2nd offer: Didn't We Almost Have It All
Carlton's 3rd offer (accepted by Port): I Will Always Love You

Carlton is not in the picture RE Houston.

We're making a big push for him.
bold GIF

more so just short sighted

we will regret not having a top 10 pick next year if we did

whereas splitting 2 this year we can still get 2 decent first rounders who won't be too far off what we maybe could have taken

but again I'm happy to not make any moves with any of our picks tbh unless something very favourable came up
So here’s what I don’t get..

Let’s say for pure speculation sake we traded next years first for pick 6 and 30ish this year.

We pick up Armstrong with pick 6 and Jesse Dattoli at 30.

Would you be complaining next year if we finished 13th that we don’t have one pick at 5, after picking up Armstrong and Dattoli (two crucial areas of need and potential game changers) this year with 12 months development already in them?…

The only short-sightedness is that when a future pick is traded in for a an immediate impact the ‘shinny new toy’ ain’t there when the following draft comes around.

That’s a product of us being that bad over the past 5 years our only percieved wins come at the draft table.

If we want our players to get out of the cycle of loser mentality shitiness it’s about time our supporters do to..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they will keep him if they think he is any good.

Some say rejected first round picks are the oldest trap in the book. However, we have had such a great record of resuscitating these players, why not add another one to this list?

Aidan Bonar, Jordan Gysberts, Paul Ahern, Stevo, Dom Tyson, Taylor Hine, Nathan Hrovat, CCJ, Dylan Stephens

Deep cut

But in all seriouslyness, re: Houston:

We should put a time limit on our offer, if there is no answer we walk away
lol no we shouldnt. what if its the final day of the trade period and carlton havent presented a satisfactory offer but we have, which Port accepts and Dan says yes so he can get back to Vic? DO we just turn around and say 'thanks but no thanks because we set an arbitrary deadline'

it would be nothing more than pointless posturing that benefits us in no way

The Dan "Whitney" Houston play list for the next 2 weeks;
Pre AFL Trade Period: I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
AFL Trade Period: How Will I Know
Carlton's 1st offer: Saving All My Love For You
North's 1st offer: Thinking About You
Carlton's 2nd offer: Greatest Love of All
North's 2nd offer: Didn't We Almost Have It All
Carlton's 3rd offer (accepted by Port): I Will Always Love You

I also would have accepted "I'm Your Baby Tonight" to close this out but then it would just get me thinking about the theme song for the X-Men animated series.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back