List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Ice Cream Lol GIF by Tennis TV

Yep full of content krakouers Samsquanch

just get a small forward and Caleb Daniel

Hit the draft

The number one priority this off-season has to be drafting elite KPF and small forwards, surely.
We will know the answer to that statement with the first pick in the draft, we are getting a key forward and I'm pretty sure its our number one priority but if we can somehow split our pick then the answer is yes, if we don't or can't split and we have to use our pick 2 then it might be a case of predator vs alien, err sorry, key forward vs midfielder. We've looked at someone in the WAFL and elsewhere in Australia for a small forward so it will be interesting what happens in that department.

I’m definitely pro getting Daniel. Low risk in terms of what we need to get up and while he has weaknesses that our side already has (size and speed) his decision making and ball use is something we sorely lack.

Fisher is not a good decision maker/ball user. He looks good kicking but it doesn’t equate to being smart or reliable with ball in hand. McDonald is McDonald. He would’ve been more effective in the 80s and 90s where you could get away with aimlessly bombing the ball.

I don’t want Houston for the price being suggested. And I’m not a Rawlings fan but if we overpay I won’t blame Brady as it’s pretty obvious it would 100% be a Clarko directive.

If we end up with Parker, Daniel, Darling (sigh) and pick 2 i’ll be happy. If pick 2 ended up being a top 5 pick instead then I would also be ok with that.

He does not want to come to North. If Carlton cannot get a deal done it is highly likely he stays at Port for another 12 months and revisits a trade in 12 months time.
Nope he wants to come back to Melbourne. That is the only option that is confirmed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m definitely pro getting Daniel. Low risk in terms of what we need to get up and while he has weaknesses that our side already has (size and speed) his decision making and ball use is something we sorely lack.

Fisher is not a good decision maker/ball user. He looks good kicking but it doesn’t equate to being smart or reliable with ball in hand. McDonald is McDonald. He would’ve been more effective in the 80s and 90s where you could get away with aimlessly bombing the ball.

I don’t want Houston for the price being suggested. And I’m not a Rawlings fan but if we overpay I won’t blame Brady as it’s pretty obvious it would 100% be a Clarko directive.

If we end up with Parker, Daniel, Darling (sigh) and pick 2 i’ll be happy. If pick 2 ended up being a top 5 pick instead then I would also be ok with that.
C’mon Creed. Viney is there to keep a clown like Rawling in check. He is there to also keep Clarkson in check. That’s why Fisher and Cat Stephens got 4 year deals and Pink had a trigger in his contract. :stern look

You get 10 good players by adding one good player 10 times.

And Houston only having 2-3 good years left...LOL
Has he turned 30 in the last few days?

By the time the off-season is done, Sphynx will have Houston in a retirement home, having played 0 games for us whilst us giving up pick 2 and F1...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't rule out the Demons either. If they see something they like they are prepared to pay the price for it.
Exactly, the talk of the Demons liking Harry Armstrong is great but if they don't get a mid or try and trade up for one of the big 6 then I'll be very surprised, even more now that Oliver is almost out the door.

I'm not a Dan Houston hater, but I am not fussed if he doesn't make it here, given his age and how much it will cost.
I'm in a similar boat. Decent odds he won't be around when we're contending, so a high draft pick cost would hurt in that regard. The flipside is that he would become a new lock in the best 22, would outright help us rise up the ladder, and will make it easier to attract other trade targets.

Ultimately I would prefer we land him, as we have to turn this ship around ASAP, but if we don't then that means we can still get quality with the pick cost he would have required.

Also, the idea some are peddling that we should back out because we aren't his first preference causes me psychic damage. We are smashing records in shitness. The fact he hasn't publicly said he has no interest in coming to us should be seen as a compliment in and of itself. To become a club where we DO become a preference for A graders, we need to improve. He will help us improve in the short and medium term. It just feels like it's born of hurt pride (our pride should be far more hurt by where we are as a club!) and overall is a silly argument, especially compared to valid ones like what an appropriate pick cost would be or how long he might have left in him at his current level.

I'm in a similar boat. Decent odds he won't be around when we're contending, so a high draft pick cost would hurt in that regard. The flipside is that he would become a new lock in the best 22, would outright help us rise up the ladder, and will make it easier to attract other trade targets.

Ultimately I would prefer we land him, as we have to turn this ship around ASAP, but if we don't then that means we can still get quality with the pick cost he would have required.

Also, the idea some are peddling that we should back out because we aren't his first preference causes me psychic damage. We are smashing records in shitness. The fact he hasn't publicly said he has no interest in coming to us should be seen as a compliment in and of itself. To become a club where we DO become a preference for A graders, we need to improve. He will help us improve in the short and medium term. It just feels like it's born of hurt pride (our pride should be far more hurt by where we are as a club!) and overall is a silly argument, especially compared to valid ones like what an appropriate pick cost would be or how long he might have left in him at his current level.
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Personally not sold on Houston for what it's worth.
Playing the easiest position in the ground in a very good team (apparently) with decent players around him won't necessarily carry over to the win column for a team like us (just ask Sheez).
I'm all for trading a high end pick, but only for a jet that plays a critical position (for us) and has 5 years + in the tank.
Would rather keep our high end pick and go with Daniel. Minimum risk without selling the farm. Would also be a lock in our starting 22.
Just my thoughts

He plays a relatively 'clean' position and a position of more and more importance as dozens of scores are launched from HB these days.

We could very well get 6-8 elite years out of Houston with his resilience. Zorko just smashed a season and GF at 35, and Houston is a much better kick and defender than him imo.

Houston has hardly missed a game over his career.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

just get a small forward and Caleb Daniel

Hit the draft
The draft has not worked for us so far. At some stage we need to bite the bullet and trade, or LDU will retire with a heap of early draft picks and talent below him. We can't keep losing for another 3 or 4 years while we wait for our 24, 25 and 26 draft to come on.

We will know the answer to that statement with the first pick in the draft, we are getting a key forward and I'm pretty sure its our number one priority but if we can somehow split our pick then the answer is yes, if we don't or can't split and we have to use our pick 2 then it might be a case of predator vs alien, err sorry, key forward vs midfielder. We've looked at someone in the WAFL and elsewhere in Australia for a small forward so it will be interesting what happens in that department.
Had a chance to get Jasper Scaife in the mid season draft. Think he kicked 2 in his first and 4 in his second for box Hill after the draft and relocating across the country. Kid looks an absolute weapon and exactly what we needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back