List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. It was a hard loss to take today as it was almost in the bag. You guys will be on the rise next year as your youth are great and it is all about getting games into them this year.

Just dropping by to see what the appetite may be to do a pick trade with the crows this year. I think WCE will take SA boy Draper at 3 and i think our club would prefer him over Smith, FOS and Smillie.

Could you see north entertaining a pick swap for crows pick 4 and f1 for pick 2 and your 2nd rounder?. We may improve next year but we may still miss finals so our f1 is a reasonable chance to be a top 10 pick. Just thinking north may still get a top mid or kpp at 4 as they would at 2 and at the same time upgrade a 2nd to a 1st.

I'll see myself out but would be interested to see if that may appeal?

Not bad, another midfielder we will take if there are no superior alternative this year.

This is the best year if you have a few late firsts.

Hi guys. It was a hard loss to take today as it was almost in the bag. You guys will be on the rise next year as your youth are great and it is all about getting games into them this year.

Just dropping by to see what the appetite may be to do a pick trade with the crows this year. I think WCE will take SA boy Draper at 3 and i think our club would prefer him over Smith, FOS and Smillie.

Could you see north entertaining a pick swap for crows pick 4 and f1 for pick 2 and your 2nd rounder?. We may improve next year but we may still miss finals so our f1 is a reasonable chance to be a top 10 pick. Just thinking north may still get a top mid or kpp at 4 as they would at 2 and at the same time upgrade a 2nd to a 1st.

It's not a bad trade, but I think we would push to make it pick 4 + Crows F1 for Pick 2 + North F2.

This years draft bats really deep and there should be multiple KPFs available at our 2nd rounder which we really need to draft ASAP, so I doubt we'd be looking to trade it.

Swapping in an F2 instead just means both clubs would be betting on improving in 2025 to get max value.

It's not a bad trade, but I think we would push to make it pick 4 + Crows F1 for Pick 2 + North F2.

This years draft bats really deep and there should be multiple KPFs available at our 2nd rounder which we really need to draft ASAP, so I doubt we'd be looking to trade it.

Swapping in an F2 instead just means both clubs would be betting on improving in 2025 to get max value.
Yep there is no way we are giving up our 2ndin this year's draft you would think. They can have pick 2 for their 1st and 2nd if they want Syd that badly.

He’s off to Melbourne apparently.

Mel is the only team mentioned by the media but doesn't really mean he is off to Mel. Would you go to Mel at this stage, lost a few already and on are the verge of losing a few more big names in next couple of yrs plus uncertainty if Trac and Oliver

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wardlaw is not ready yet, and we can’t count our chickens before they hatch. The concussions are one to watch for, if he’s never the same player again at any point, you need contingencies or at the very least a mitigator to allow him to stop knocking himself silly.

It’s the same suggestion as Pendles but better, with Shiels gone next year there is no competent senior on this team with premiership experience. You need that, I can’t accept otherwise because this team does not have it between the ears yet. Its not even entertaining finals so how can you reach further without guidance.
Turn it up with this concussion nonsense. He’s 20 not 65. What a load of shit. Footy players, hundreds of thousands of footy players have played footy and copped head knocks. He’ll be fine. Im getting tired of this concussion shit. They arent being pulverised by 150kg supreme athletes wearing armour. Garbage.

Turn it up with this concussion nonsense. He’s 20 not 65. What a load of shit. Footy players, hundreds of thousands of footy players have played footy and copped head knocks. He’ll be fine. Im getting tired of this concussion shit. They arent being pulverised by 150kg supreme athletes wearing armour. Garbage.
But cant they force players to retire now? whyd that young doggies player have to retire?

Imagine if we pick a mid with our first pick and then trade our 2nd rounder for another mid in Viney - then don’t get a kpf.
If that happened Souva should ask for a trade
It's absolutely ludicrous if we pick a mid with our 1st after using so much draft capital over the years with still so many holes in our list.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That looks a decent trade.
Kudos for coming in here and speaking respectfully.

Better start taking it more seriously mate.

Angus Brayshaw, Josh Carmichael, Nathan Murphy and Aidan O’Driscoll all retired this year due to concussion.

Also very likely that our very own Hamish Free retires due to the 2 head knocks he copped this year.

You’ve got your head in the sand if you don’t think it’s a serious issue

Angus Brayshaw, Josh Carmichael, Nathan Murphy and Aidan O’Driscoll all retired this year due to concussion.

Also very likely that our very own Hamish Free retires due to the 2 head knocks he copped this year.

Its being blown up out of proportion. Poor widdle concussion, awww did you bump your boo boo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably a crazy idea.
But I'd be looking at mandatory helmets.
In a sport we are after every advantage.
I don't see any downside in the idea.

It really isn’t, the more research that’s done on concussion the more they are realising it has long lasting effects well after the impact. It legit impacts people for the rest of their lives.
Research into concussions. Yes, research into boxing, NFL, Hockey .. where the head is beaten senselessly. Our players heads dont take the knocks as the above mentioned do. Sure there will be some that have long term impacts, just like everything else. Some blokes cant walk because their knees are ****ed too. Maybe we just scrap the game then. Wrap everyone is bubble wrap and send em on their way.

Or dont play. People run around playing this sport at a financial cost at local clubs. Pack your bags, and get out. No one does shit for these blokes at local level but they soldier on. No whinging, no fuss.

It's probably a crazy idea.
But I'd be looking at mandatory helmets.
In a sport we are after every advantage.
I don't see any downside in the idea.
I think the only risk with that is that may make players more reckless so it could make things worse.

But if there is quality research to support helmets, I’d support any measure to reduce the likelihood or impact of concussion.

So how many head knocks has Free had roos Thats terrible. So seriously where does that leave George then after 2 in quick succession How many did he have playing junior footy would be interesting. Do the under 18 have a let's say for a better word quota for how many you can have before they start to think retirement at that age.

Do the helmets do much? Your brain still rattles around inside your head.
The new ones do yes.
If the idea stopped 1 or 2 concussions per year it's an advantage.
I can't see any downside.
X has performed well with one.
Buts it's not a cure all.
Maynard still knocked Brayshaw into retirement.

The new ones do yes.
If the idea stopped 1 or 2 concussions per year it's an advantage.
I can't see any downside.
X has performed well with one.
Buts it's not a cure all.
Maynard still knocked Brayshaw into retirement.
Does X wear his for-concussion reasons though.

I think the only risk with that is that may make players more reckless so it could make things worse.

But if there is quality research to support helmets, I’d support any measure to reduce the likelihood or impact of concussion.
I doubt it will effect how hard guys go.
Wardlaw goes his hardest either way. I'm guessing most players do.
But if that is the case get one on Stephens yesterday.
The only quality research we could base our decision on would be a club doing it for an extended period of time.
If for example we did it for 2 years and copped less concussions. The point is proven.
I'm not sure data from hockey or rugby proves anything.
I just think as an injury prevention idea it's solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back