List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dusty grew up barracking for St Kilda too. The Sam Fisher connection doesn't look flash in hindsight.

He toured multiple clubs.

And every one of those clubs turned their back on him.

The rest is history.

I thought he had a couple of offers and chose to stay.

Was great mates with a bunch of Saints players. Close with Sam Fisher. Watters knocked it back.

Yep, definitely close with Sam Fisher & Dave Armitage at the time.

I have mutual friends with Armo and we all caught up in Bali and he told me Watters put a ban on them and Dusty going to Vegas together that off season. As well as anything else to do with him. They hated Watters.

Despite that they all hanged out with Dusty in Bali regardless.

A double-pairing of Barrass and Battle would allow Mitchell the flexibility of playing captain James Sicily as a forward in 2025 with Mitch Lewis to miss a large chunk of the season recovering from a ruptured ACL.

A double-pairing of Barrass and Battle would allow Mitchell the flexibility of playing captain James Sicily as a forward in 2025 with Mitch Lewis to miss a large chunk of the season recovering from a ruptured ACL.

Why would wce give up barrass?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was interesting from Ross in the presser that he spent a bit of time on Steeley. Was quite apologetic about the situation he'd been put in having to shoulder the midfield burden. He's looked much better the past month. Probably feeling better himself and also some better form from multiple other players in his part of the ground.

On reflection that early fixture of interstate, interstate, home 5 day break, interstate took a toll and killed our season. Fair enough having a harder fixture after making finals but the AFL f*ckd us royally this year.
What annoys me is that lots of sides that continually make the eight seem to get better draws than we do . We made the eight for the first time in a while and straight away get a hard draw , it sucks . It like the AFL don’t want sides like the Saints to be successful because we don’t get the crowd that Collingwood Carlton , Essendon, Richmond , Adelaide do .

What annoys me is that lots of sides that continually make the eight seem to get better draws than we do . We made the eight for the first time in a while and straight away get a hard draw , it sucks . It like the AFL don’t want sides like the Saints to be successful because we don’t get the crowd that Collingwood Carlton , Essendon, Richmond , Adelaide do .

Big drawing clubs get their fixtures sorted first and the bottom sides and smaller clubs are stuck into the gaps.

The fixture is as easy or as hard as you let it be. Good clubs win games of football, regardless of opposition, that's the difference.

The fixture is solely based around the AFL getting the maximum numbers to games, hence bang for buck. Clubs with larger membership always get preference, how long has it been since a Collingwood etc played down at Geelong. I believe last year our club received nearly 18 million in handouts from the AFL. Why clubs like us rely on the variable funding model to survive, we have no leg to stand on as far as the draw is concerned.

Until we become a sucessful side onfield the off field status quo will remain. We are caught in a vortex and play in an inequitable environment, but its up the Football Dept to turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back