List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid isn't a game changer?

Looked pretty game changing for Vic Metro & Sandringham this year

Who are the game changers in the draft nr pick 7 & 8?
What game-changing things did Reid do at U18s level that 20 other players didn't do or won't be able to do at AFL level?

Pick 7: Smillie easily. Big body and showed in the Academy games that he can play against bigger bodies and his game translates to VFL

Pick 8: Lindsay/Travaglia: Both top 5 players in the Champs GF and comfortably played academy games too

Others:
Langford - overhead pack marks as an attacking midfielder
Taj Hotton - freakish goal-kicking also highlighted in Academy games
Bo Allan - burst out of stoppage highlighted in WAFL

If that's the deal then Eagles could be looking at Bo Allen for pick 12 + Baker at 14 & Owies .... Blues go for who at Pick 3?

Eagle fans will be pissed
Blues will target FOS and Lalor. Fall back on Draper if both are off the board. Allan to WC would be a lock if not taken beforehand (we should tell them we're taking him at 8 if they don't give us pick 3)

Blues will target FOS and Lalor. Fall back on Draper if both are off the board. Allan to WC would be a lock if not taken beforehand (we should tell them we're taking him at 8 if they don't give us pick 3)
Bo Allan is a real wildcard for Pick 8, his athletic profile is very very good. Dalrymple isn't afraid to pick a young WA star either.

If Melbourne don’t nail 5 & 9 then they are buggered.

Old list. Their champs are in decline. A club with internal fractures.

They have nothing else this year and have mortgaged much of next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're buggered anyway. Players are wanting out and clearly culture problems.

What game-changing things did Reid do at U18s level that 20 other players didn't do or won't be able to do at AFL level?

Pick 7: Smillie easily. Big body and showed in the Academy games that he can play against bigger bodies and his game translates to VFL

Pick 8: Lindsay/Travaglia: Both top 5 players in the Champs GF and comfortably played academy games too

Others:
T.Hotton is worryingly good, would not blink, if we took Lindsay & Hotton at 7 & 8

Others:
Reid was MVP for Vic Metro ... they won the Championships ... not sure you can just ignore that

Hotton .... ACL
Allen .... average disposal

Others all fine ... but I don't rate Travaglia as high as you

If Tigers get pick 2 off North looks like they will go FOS & Lalor .... so likely Blues left with Jagga or Draper or someone very left field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As if Carlton are gonna get pick 3 with pick 12, 14, and Matt ****ing Owies

Yep that made zero sense and not sure I understood the logic if the target was FOS it seems pretty certain Richmond will trade 6 & 11 or 6 & 18 or some combination to North for pick 2. North need more picks and the player they want Tarau will still be available at 6. If the reports are true Rich want Lalor and FOS (and so would I) so having pick 3 does not get Carlton FOS just like it does not get us Lalor if we trade for it. I get why you might think there is superstar potential in those 2 and how FOS might compliment their slow midfield but at pick 3 or 33 either way he is probably still out of reach.

Reid was MVP for Vic Metro ... they won the Championships ... not sure you can just ignore that

Hotton .... ACL
Allen .... average disposal

Others all fine ... but I don't rate Travaglia as high as you
I'm not ignoring it, I just don't think that should be used as a determinant for whether he suits our needs or not. Even if Reid becomes a half decent AFL player, how is he going to change our midfield dynamic? It's like how Carlton have Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett, Hollands but are still unsatisfied with their midfield (hence going for pick 3) because there is zero speed in that group

Hotton ACL yes but we can take a risk on a player who was rated top 5 before his injury when we have multiple first round picks

Allan average disposal sure, but that's like saying Reid has no burst and no size. Can't just ignore the weaknesses on one player and focus on them for the other

Yep that made zero sense and not sure I understood the logic if the target was FOS it seems pretty certain Richmond will trade 6 & 11 or 6 & 18 or some combination to North for pick 2. North need more picks and the player they want Tarau will still be available at 6. If the reports are true Rich want Lalor and FOS (and so would I) so having pick 3 does not get Carlton FOS just like it does not get us Lalor if we trade for it. I get why you might think there is superstar potential in those 2 and how FOS might compliment their slow midfield but at pick 3 or 33 either way he is probably still out of reach.
FOS and Lalor would be priorities but Jagga isn't a bad fall-back option especially if you pair him with Smillie as a contested bull then a burst mid like Hynes in the late teens

In terms of player types, that trio is like having teenage versions of Cripps, Neale, Warner (not saying they are of that quality, just similar types)

I'm not ignoring it, I just don't think that should be used as a determinant for whether he suits our needs or not. Even if Reid becomes a half decent AFL player, how is he going to change our midfield dynamic? It's like how Carlton have Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett, Hollands but are still unsatisfied with their midfield (hence going for pick 3) because there is zero speed in that group

Hotton ACL yes but we can take a risk on a player who was rated top 5 before his injury when we have multiple first round picks

Allan average disposal sure, but that's like saying Reid has no burst and no size. Can't just ignore the weaknesses on one player and focus on them for the other
Reid is better than Allen & Hotton .... think he kind of proved it this year .... plenty of 180-2cm players make it

We need players with football smarts who can accumulate and use it well to advantage

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back