List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

What's a realistic trade for Kennedy look like if the lobsters off?
Carlton get 3
Carlton lose 12 + 14 + Kennedy + Owies + Carroll

WC get 8 + 27 + Owies + Carroll
WC lose 3

StK get 12 + 14 + Kennedy
StK lose 8 + 27

More one sided than Xavier Lindsay in our favour but it would need to be. It'd be handy if Carlton had some better players to offer WC than Owies and Carroll though. If they hadn't brazenly traded away their F1+F2 for 14 this might get done. Think WC say no

I don’t want Kennedy, I know he’s been played out of position a bit, but even when he was getting more midfield minutes I didn’t rate him that highly. We resigned Jones, we’ve got Paddy Dow in who can come in as depth if in need, but really Pou, Windhager, Wilson and picks 7 and 8 (assuming they’re mids) should be looking to join Steele and Crouch. If Crouch is cooked, I get it. But even still, Macrae is a notch or two above Kennedy.

Carlton get 3
Carlton lose 12 + 14 + Kennedy + Owies + Carroll

WC get 8 + 27 + Owies + Carroll
WC lose 3

StK get 12 + 14 + Kennedy
StK lose 8 + 27

More one sided than Xavier Lindsay in our favour but it would need to be. It'd be handy if Carlton had some better players to offer WC than Owies and Carroll though. If they hadn't brazenly traded away their F1+F2 for 14 this might get done. Think WC say no
No way, Carlton are massive winners out of that. You're trading out 3 players they don't even want, they have little value

We are massive losers from that deal

If Lalor and FOS are gone, that still leaves Smith and Draper, so you tell Adelaide you'll pick Draper unless they switch their 4th pick plus a future first with your 3rd, if they refuse you pick Draper. If they take it you take Smith. Get Smilie with 7.
This is an excellent point.

Whatever the trade is to get up to pick 3, in a scenario like this we would likely get back a F2, which should be included in the totality of the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t want Kennedy, I know he’s been played out of position a bit, but even when he was getting more midfield minutes I didn’t rate him that highly. We resigned Jones, we’ve got Paddy Dow in who can come in as depth if in need, but really Pou, Windhager, Wilson and picks 7 and 8 (assuming they’re mids) should be looking to join Steele and Crouch. If Crouch is cooked, I get it. But even still, Macrae is a notch or two above Kennedy.
Would be surprised if Macrae deal doesn't get done, Dogs need his money off the books

Would be surprised if Macrae deal doesn't get done, Dogs need his money off the books
You probably know more than I do but I swear its been reported several times that Dogs aren't desperate to get Macrae's money off their books as long as they can keep him?

You probably know more than I do but I swear its been reported several times that Dogs aren't desperate to get Macrae's money off their books as long as they can keep him?
What sort of money will Darcy be getting offered from clubs at the end of next year ? Dogs will need to cough up big coin to keep him.

$800 K + a year for someone you play out of position or as a sub

I could be wrong but I feel we can get away with the Soldo non trade but there would be a little blow back on us if we dropped the Macrae one.
Not as much as the Doggies mind you. But I'd rather none at all. But at the same time we can't over pay.
At least we only need to wait 48 hours at max.

I am also in the camp of 47 for Macrae or we walk.

He would be handy to fill the void left by Crouch but he's far from the player he used to be.

Yes, Bevo did play him out of position and use him as a sub. But when the cupboard was bare (think it was when Libba was out with concussion), Macrae did get a good run in his usual position and he still didn't set the world on fire.

He was never quick but he looked pretty slow and didn't have much hurt factor.

We're genuinely doing the dogs a favour by taking his salary off the books, he's been phased out already and that's without Sanders having established himself yet.

Surely they don't want a $800k depth player.

I could be wrong but I feel we can get away with the Soldo non trade but there would be a little blow back on us if we dropped the Macrae one.
Not as much as the Doggies mind you. But I'd rather none at all. But at the same time we can't over pay.
At least we only need to wait 48 hours at max.
Don't be surprised if Soldo still happens - RTB likes him. And MaCrae will def get done.

Melbourne would be keen on Armstrong at 9. Wonder what they can offer us to not take him. Think they will just call our bluff though
But potentially slide a couple of spots back to Richmond’s pick and hopefully still get who we want. If Richmond has a couple of picks before that, I could see them wanting to get Armstrong.

I'll be surprised it the Eagles except 12 and 14 for 3, and we could easily trump that I would think.

7, F2nd to GWS for 15, 16 & 21
8 and 16 to the Eagles for 3 & F3rd
3, 15, 21, 27 to the draft.

I'll be surprised it the Eagles except 12 and 14 for 3, and we could easily trump that I would think.

7, F2nd to GWS for 15, 16 & 21
8 and 16 to the Eagles for 3 & F3rd
3, 15, 21, 27 to the draft.

I think it is very important to try and keep those two picks in the Top 10.
But there are wiser minds than mine out there!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back