List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we are just going to trade Macrae in and that’s about it tbh
Wouldn’t faze me tbh.
Don’t want to be doing trades just because.
If a great deal comes up, well….great.
If not, we still have a very good hand.

We have a good hand already. Teams are trading out of next year to get a hand that we already have. Just be patient, if nothing eventuates that's fine we have a good hand and keep picks for next year.
Excellent point.

As far as picks go , Its not a matter of more powerful.
Its a matter of giving up more than we want to.

If you go to an auction , with a firm idea of what a house is worth, and some clown goes well over your valuation, that doesn't make them better than you, it might mean they are foolish.
I think the Dees are playing with fire with what they gave up.
Petracca - major injury - who knows how he comes back.
Oliver, well we all know about him.
Could see they’re a*ses next year.
Here’s hoping.

If Dogs won't trade Macrae, they need to let us know so we can potentially try to get someone else on the last 24 hours, such as Kennedy if he is still willing to move.
You’d hope our list management would have a.ready been considering another option in the event of Macrae falling though.

So what needs do these Top 4 players fit that we cant get in players that might be available at 7 & 8

FOS - looks a great package but didn't set the world on fire .... will likely go pick 1

Lalor - mid/forward .... explosive but body isn't seemingly holding up .... hip issues and now a high grade hamstring .... will go top 2 if Richmond get pick 2 from North

So FOS & Lalor ... likely unavailable anyway

Jagga - high possession small mid with great agility though suspect hurt factor for the amount of disposals he racks up ... could be available at Pick 3 ... unlikely to get pick 7

Draper - explosive mid .... good from clearance but tends to handball more than kick ... doesnt hit the scoreboard often ..... had a relatively average Champs against Vic & WA sides but played solid footy for SA senior level ... should be available at pick 3 though destined for Adelaide at pick 4

Langford - mid who can go forward and kicks goals ... question marks about pace and separation from stoppage but no slower than Cripps or Bont at same age .... could go top 5 ... could be available at 7

Smillie - see Langford ... likely available at 7

Reid - won Vic Metro MVP at Champs ... smaller mid but very smart operator .... not super quick but is a good decision maker with solid skills ... should be available at pick 7

Lindsay - won the Morrish Medal and was BOG for Vic Country v Metro ..... best kick in the draft ... smooth mover who can alternate between HB/wing and midfield ... available pick 7

Travaglia - played mid in Coates League but mainly off half back for Vic Country ... breaks lines and has a competitive streak ... available pick 7

Personally if we got Langford or Smillie (pick 7) & then Reid or Lindsay (pick 8) I would be very happy .... 1 big mid and 1 smaller mid
The extra bonus on Reid, is that he's a noted goalkicker too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably know more than I do but I swear its been reported several times that Dogs aren't desperate to get Macrae's money off their books as long as they can keep him?
Its not that they cant afford Macrae, its that they cant afford him AND everyone else in two years when he is potentially in the VFL and on 800 a year whilst every other club is coming for Darcy and JUH and driving their prices up.

The dogs are just posturing, they cant afford to have that money on the books in the same way theyre just arguing until the Smith deal is done and they can come back down to earth.

Outside of macrae i was expecting for us to just do nothing and take what we have to the draft

But the talk of 13 then 9 then 3 sucks you in and ultimately end up disappointed that we’ve done nothing

For what it’s worth I think we keep what we have but you’d have thought our offer of a future first would have been enough to snag something

So the Soldo medical thing could be a ploy to get him on the cheap?

What do you think Macrae ends up costing roughly?
Soldo is seemingly not entirely welcome back at Port so backing out of the trade is the right move. Free to any home.
Same with MacLobster. He doesn't want to be at the Kennel and they don't really want him either.
Both trades are now on our terms, maybe a couple of 3rd rounders.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back