List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Wce 3 + 62 for 7 + 14 + owies
This is very close to the pick 2 for 8 and 12 we did 2 years back but this is a stronger draft

▪︎Saints 7 + 8 + 27 for 3 + 12
4 spot upgrade for a 4 spot downgrade + 27

▪︎Carlton 12 + 14 + owies for 8 + 27 + 62
Move up the draft order and pocket picks for the father sons

A West Coast fan posted that, I actually think that’s more realistic than them trading 3 for 12,14 and Owies.
The issue is that Twomey has already said Carlton is getting pick 3.

So it doesn’t work

Fair call, doesn’t make any sense at all.

Could be worse I guess they could’ve used the pick on Jack Billings
We got 155 games out of JB.

This is putrid mate.

They aren’t even getting a top 10 pick in return. They are getting Owies Baker & 12.

How the fk can trades take so long and how the fk can West Coast be so stupid?

From a position of strength with a top 5 pick to a position of weakness.

At least it isn't the Saints throwing the baby out with the bathwater, we have remained strong up until now holding on to 7 and 8 unless there is a real win for the club, I hope we stay with them.

How the fk can trades take so long and how the fk can West Coast be so stupid?

From a position of strength with a top 5 pick to a position of weakness.

At least it isn't the Saints throwing the baby out with the bathwater, we have remained strong up until now holding on to 7 and 8 unless there is a real win for the club, I hope we stay with them.
Well it sounds like there are multiple picks available now.

11 - Freo
13 - Suns (appears to be on the market again)
15/16 - Giants
19/22 - Swans (Meh)

11 would be juicy

"nah but he's smart so its fine"

Doesn't matter good your mids are, if they are slow in the modern game then it counts for nothing

See Carlton; Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett, Kennedy, Hollands - yet they are still searching for a speedy mid

3x All Australian Jack Macrae got booted out of the mids because Beveridge wanted to play flipping Harvey Gallagher in there because of his leg speed

Brownlow medallist Ollie Wines got shifted to a wing because he and Drew couldn't be in the same midfield due to lack of leg speed

Plenty more examples

Will Brodie kicked out of Freo's midfield

Rory Laird 2x AA40 kicked out of Adelaide's midfield

Take your point & I definitely prefer others over Reid but we need players with a high footy IQ as much as any physical trait. Harry Sheezel certainly isn’t an athletic freak.

If we have speed on the outside (which we do) then having guys who can get it easily & then make great decisions is vital.

Having said all that, it Reid & Lindsay are still available at #8 then I’m going with Gippsland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of these trades are sackable offences utter madness this year. I can’t believe WC would do that trade, I can’t believe the asking price for noble, Rioli and on and on it goes.

Unless we can find someone as stupid as WC we should pack up and have an early lunch at stomping ground. I’m not helping my rivals get deals done, I’m not throwing away picks just to get up meh trades.

Nathan Buckley rabbiting on about trading contracted players. Tassie entering the comp with generous concessions and quite a few changes to rules mooted. Collingwood unconcerned with recruiting kids running with the oldest list, what can it all mean ?.

The afl aren’t going to sit back and watch Collingwood fall of a cliff and WC wallow around for a decade, something doesn’t add up here.

And this is what some were saying yesterday afternoon/evening do not panick and piss away a position of strength.

Carlton has pulled so real Sun Tzu shit on WCE
'He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious'

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it sounds like there are multiple picks available now.

11 - Freo
13 - Suns (appears to be on the market again)
15/16 - Giants
19/22 - Swans (Meh)

11 would be juicy

Here's the nice thing. There is now precisely zero reason to offer anything more than a future first for act of those picks. What's your competition now except north who you can never hope to outbid and will not target more than 1 of those picks anyway

Those that aren’t enjoying trade week this year cooked. This is entertaining AF, it’s like a bunch of Nuffies got given the list management job for a bunch of clubs!!!!

Will be interesting who blows their list up like north and Essington. WCE? Melb? Pies? Ha

After that deal to give bloody Carlton pick 3 I've gotta say trade week can gagf. Put a flipping fork in me people
We’re still in a great spot, be thankful we haven’t come home with some magic beans yet. There’s only so many picks in the first round and only 6 excluding father sons etc before our 2 picks. There will definitely be players we’re very happy to get at our picks and a big chance someone we love will slide to us.

I hope we pack up and stay clear of the carnage.

I’d hope there’s a ruckman that we identify in the coming 48 hours to fall back on.

The thought of having to lean on moose should Marshall get injured scares the life out of me

Those that aren’t enjoying trade week this year cooked. This is entertaining AF, it’s like a bunch of Nuffies got given the list management job for a bunch of clubs!!!!

Will be interesting who blows their list up like north and Essington. WCE? Melb? Pies? Ha
It's like they picked list Managers from the BF club boards.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here's the nice thing. There is now precisely zero reason to offer anything more than a future first for act of those picks. What's your competition now except north who you can never hope to outbid and will not target more than 1 of those picks anyway
Essendon on draft night

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back