List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

As boring as it sounds, they will all just be working of a spreadsheet where every value judgement has already been assigned a number.
If that spreadsheet were centrally hosted you could automate the entire draft in 0.01 seconds, pick trading and all.
It's all just drama for TV ratings.

I get that from the draft side of things, players in the draft and draft picks and possible pick swaps etc. but in terms of value of a draft pick vs value of a player trade. So long as SOS doesn't value every old GWS and Carlton player over the potential of new draftees. I have no desire for any Jed Lamb or Lachie Plowman type early 20's second chances over an 18 year old with much greater scope for development.

There is no doubt Cal Twomey is the smartest and most up to date journalist at this time of the year. He gets info from clubs others dont and fully understands the machinations of the trade and draft periods. His Gettable segment is by far the most informative of any of the Trade Radio nuffies.
Jesus if you're not Cal Twomey himself or one of his family then you must have lost a bet or something

Carlton fans cop a brown paper bag comment on an oppo board and get offended lol. Insufferable fan base off the back of a couple of years of mild success. I miss the days of the ineffectual Marc Murphy Blues, the attitude was still there but they were objectively shit lol.
What we need is Jake Carlisle around to show them Sam Fisher's picture.......seems to really put the Carlton folk off their feed.....

I get that from the draft side of things, players in the draft and draft picks and possible pick swaps etc. but in terms of value of a draft pick vs value of a player trade. So long as SOS doesn't value every old GWS and Carlton player over the potential of new draftees. I have no desire for any Jed Lamb or Lachie Plowman type early 20's second chances over an 18 year old with much greater scope for development.
Yeah, absolutely. I think there's been measures in place to prevent that though. 🤞

You guys remember when Murphy had a cry cause big Jakey Carlisle made fun of his “adventurous” missus?

Now that’s a fond memory.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And then Richo apologised for it!
Now that’s not a fond memory!

Still believe that’s when he lost most of the players.

****ing fair enough as well lmao.

I’m all for being a loose operator but telling someone their missus is a… well loose operator in the poop chute is grounds for punching on.
Then you talk to him privately, not hang him out to dry in public.
Team knows you don’t have their backs. Relationship destroyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair to say that is true, with a want to add 2 kids + campo twins + elevate boyd to the senior list it all can't happen without shedding a few.

Owies, Kennedy and Young were the 3 but may only need 2 if one of the campo boys slips to the rookie draft.
What's the go with Young being on the outer?

I hope they’ve got SOS on a short leash otherwise we’re welcoming Kemp, Marchbank and Setterfield to Moorabbin tomorrow.

Let's just bring plugger back to keep SOS in line

Starting to look like, we will have to pick up Lewis Young as a delisted free agent? Who-else is there now.? We've cooled on Tomlinson too. Otherwise it's definately Caminiti to C.H.B. & who replace's him, Keeler?
Looking bloody thin on key-talls now.

Last edited:
Starting to look like, we will have to pick up Lewis Young as a delisted free agent? Who-else is there now.? We've cooled on Tomlinson too. Otherwise it's definately Caminiti to C.H.B. & who replace's him, Keeler?
Looking bloody thin on key-talls now.
If we find no other options we'll resort to Ethan Phillips imo, 197cm key defender we had interest in last week as a DFA. Probably him vs Taylor for an SSP spot

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back