List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

32 for Macrae.
45 for Kemp.

Take them or we walk and use the points on Peckett and Cole then use 7 and 8 on some guns.

Easy done.

As much as id like to get Macrae, 47 seemed a little low and we might have looked shit, if we offer 32 and Power says no, thats fine, he can look like a campaigner (hes also likely to end up holding his dick with Daniel, Smith and Macrae if he keeps his shit up).
Again I agree with phanto. Gunna be one of those days :D

Seriously though, this is absolutely spot on. If we offered 32, I would say Ok. Just as long as we dont do anything with 7 & 8 except maybe a pick swap with Richmond if they want to move out to 2025 (as indicated). Offer 47 for Brodie the Kent and see if Carlton bite, if not, stiff.

We have done nothing this trade period except a pick swap and I am fine with that. Dodoro showed for 20 years 'winning' trade period doesn't mean winning games. It might be boring but 7+8 (or 6+7+14 if we trade) and Macrae will do me.

I just reckon it would be pretty rare for a team to put out a statement like ours and then do a U turn.
May well be the Saints posturing to get him over with much less trade cost involved, but yeah seems unlikely now.

Could our collective patience finally be rewarded with this day forever into the future known as...

"Goober Day"? 🤔

Again I agree with phanto. Gunna be one of those days :D

Seriously though, this is absolutely spot on. If we offered 32, I would say Ok. Just as long as we dont do anything with 7 & 8 except maybe a pick swap with Richmond if they want to move out to 2025 (as indicated). Offer 47 for Brodie the Kent and see if Carlton bite, if not, stiff.

We have done nothing this trade period except a pick swap and I am fine with that. Dodoro showed for 20 years 'winning' trade period doesn't mean winning games. It might be boring but 7+8 (or 6+7+14 if we trade) and Macrae will do me.
95% of our improvement next year will come from within.

I wouldnt even wanna use 7/8 for any sort of a move TBH, use futures to tradeback in late first round if there is something appealing left (Richmonds 14 for our future first if a Hotton or Travaglia is still around by then) but do that live on the night not now.

Macrae is the only one id really want to see done but if it doesnt happen for 32 then so be it.

Anyone else feel like giving up Toce is going to come back to bite us big time?

Richmond have 8 picks in the first 24 this year, if I were them, I'd be looking to move 2 or 3 of them into next year for overs (I don't buy the hype that this is a superdraft and next years will be an academy only affair).

Would give Richmond, 10 top 24 picks in two years. If Toce carries on his recent strike rate, that would be their rebuild already half completed.

I'm not sold on SOS and I feel like Dalrymple joining up is a bit of an old school boys club type arrangement and we may have let a quality operator slip out of our hands.

I obviously hope I'm wrong, but I am usually of the school of thought that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and I think Toce was the least of the club's concerns.

95% of our improvement next year will come from within.

I wouldnt even wanna use 7/8 for any sort of a move TBH, use futures to tradeback in late first round if there is something appealing left (Richmonds 14 for our future first if a Hotton or Travaglia is still around by then) but do that live on the night not now.

Macrae is the only one id really want to see done but if it doesnt happen for 32 then so be it.
It would be good to get Macrae done just to show teams we get stuff done when they nominate us. Having said that if Dogs are going to be too demanding then you have to walk away.

My feeling is that one gets done.

It would be good to get Macrae done just to show teams we get stuff done when they nominate us. Having said that if Dogs are going to be too demanding then you have to walk away.

My feeling is that one gets done.
100%. I want to get it done for us but also for rep. I got clipped a bit for suggesting 47 wasnt enough and that swapping our second for the dogs would be fair.

As it stands weve sort of done nearly that (getting 45 as well) and now well offer 32, which no one could argue isnt fair.

If they say no, then theyll get a reputation (if they dont already)

100%. I want to get it done for us but also for rep. I got clipped a bit for suggesting 47 wasnt enough and that swapping our second for the dogs would be fair.

As it stands weve sort of done nearly that (getting 45 as well) and now well offer 32, which no one could argue isnt fair.

Would be disappointed if we swap pick 32 in a straight swap.

Other teams always manage to get good deals when attracting damaged goods, we always end up paying market rate at best.

I was hoping we'd take 27 to the draft and hopefully grab a third high potential player. With 32 gone we delve further into lottery territory.

I know people have been bringing up that we got Garcia and Schoenmaker with late picks, but the guy who picked them is gone, and they still have a long ways to go to prove that they will be good players at the top level (although I am hopeful and like what I've seen).

I reckon the onus is more on the Bulldogs who have mistreated one of their stars, to grant him dignity by not offering much resistance for his exit. Their false claims that they would welcome him back are rubbish .. they are happy to see him move on. $800k ain't loose change either.

The same as the Swans holding onto Luke Parker.

These guys are over 30 yrs old and have been fantastic servants of their clubs so I reckon it's the Dogs and Swans who should grant these players the honour of an easy trade out and not try and over haggle with us.

Other teams always manage to get good deals when attracting damaged goods, we always end up paying market rate at best.

I was hoping we'd take 27 to the draft and hopefully grab a third high potential player. With 32 gone we delve further into lottery territory.

I know people have been bringing up that we got Garcia and Schoenmaker with late picks, but the guy who picked them is gone, and they still have a long ways to go to prove that they will be good players at the top level (although I am hopeful and like what I've seen).
You may have missed it but 32 will up being 28 once the NGA & FS bids are done.

So essentially 45 was brought in for a one spot drop.

Great business IMO.

It sounds like the Macrae deal is inextricably linked to Kennedy getting to the Dogs.

Unfortunately that means we have to satisfy Carlscum to get it done.
No thanks then, not our problem. McRae is worth what he’s worth to us if it’s not enough it’s not going to make or break us that’s for sure.

Getting sucked into the vortex and helping other teams get deals done often doesn’t turn out that well. We’d be better off using our time talking to Richmond about moving a future pick for another in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah 'always', like literally nothing for Henry for a second (returned in live trading), and bugger all for Dow for two future thirds and a fourth with with pick 40 and a future third coming back, Higgins and 21 for 17, Cordy for nothing .

Toce did not pick Garcia and Shoenmaker, SoS literally picked them. Toce was one of a bunch of recruiters who may or may not have seen them. Shoenmaker was a throw at the board at 62 anyway.

This making Toce a messiah is hilarious. He got all our good players apparently. What about Van Es, Hotton, Allison, Highmore, Adams, Peris? Nothing to do with Toce?

Really this hero worship of a recruiter is inexplicable. While good, he was just one of a whole team of recruiters and list managers. Saints messiah complex alive and kicking it seems.

Im expecting the currency for Macrae will be part of us swapping next years into this year via richmond once their trades are complete.

I wouldnt but how you value players is really a subjective thing.

47 always seemed a touch unders for Macrae to me and we were sort of relying on them to be kind (which it seems they are not at all). 27 always seemed overs.

32 is probably MARGINALLY over but for the sake of getting the deal done and in good faith on us im happy with it, if we get something late back to give us some points for Peckett great.

Big clubs get big club tax, which sucks, but it is what it is

32 for Macrae.
45 for Kemp.

Take them or we walk and use the points on Peckett and Cole then use 7 and 8 on some guns.

Easy done.

As much as id like to get Macrae, 47 seemed a little low and we might have looked shit, if we offer 32 and Power says no, thats fine, he can look like a campaigner (hes also likely to end up holding his dick with Daniel, Smith and Macrae if he keeps his shit up).
There are something like 10+ picks that will be gobbled up by bid matching prior to 45. Into late 30s at worst. And helping them with their screwball contract.

Skip the dogs and just take kennedy instead?
Abraham Lincoln President GIF

There are something like 10+ picks that will be gobbled up by bid matching prior to 45. Into late 30s at worst. And helping them with their screwball contract.
Theres gonna be some push backs too.

Weve got what 45 and 47 leftover after 7 and 8 (which were not trading) and 32 which is likely gonna be used for Macrae in someway.

45 or 47 for Kemp would be all we can do unless we plan on using futures to get some more late stuff in the draft (which is a possibility given we still have Peckett and Cole).

My point is Kemp is gonna be something late and nothing more.

Yeah 'always', like literally nothing for Henry for a second (returned in live trading), and bugger all for Dow for two future thirds and a fourth with with pick 40 and a future third coming back, Higgins and 21 for 17, Cordy for nothing .

Toce did not pick Garcia and Shoenmaker, SoS literally picked them. Toce was one of a bunch of recruiters who may or may not have seen them. Shoenmaker was a throw at the board at 62 anyway.

This making Toce a messiah is hilarious. He got all our good players apparently. What about Van Es, Hotton, Allison, Highmore, Adams, Peris? Nothing to do with Toce?

Really this hero worship of a recruiter is inexplicable. While good, he was just one of a whole team of recruiters and list managers. Saints messiah complex alive and kicking it seems.
Toce is at Richmond now? We will evaluate his record no the next 2-3 years. He would have an abundance of high picks to work with one would think.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back