List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

He's 30 years old and we aren't pushing for a flag.

Giving up second round picks for 30 year olds is not where our list build is at.
Do we want Jack Steele playing another season without a reliable senior player next to him? We're ruining his reputation.
I think we need to get this done.
And I'm sure we will.

That's insane. About as bad as our deal for Hill on paper.
Fremantle have a top 4 midfield, the best ruck duo in the league, arguably the best contingent of tall forwards, spoilt for choice for key defenders.

Their only glaring weaknesses are dangerous small forwards and pace on the wings. Bolton helps address both of these and is a match winner.

I think this is a brilliant acquisition for Fremantle. Yes, they've paid a lot for him, but with where they're at I think it's an absolute no brainer.

They've essentially given up picks 13 and 14 for him. Around 50% of players taken at that range are busts. Even if there is a player of Bolton's talent taken with one of those picks they'd still likely need to wait 3 or 4 years before they're fully up and running.

Freo fans should be very happy imo.

You may have missed it but 32 will up being 28 once the NGA & FS bids are done.

So essentially 45 was brought in for a one spot drop.

Great business IMO.
Which is why we should not be using it on Macrae.

Freo once again being dog walked by Richmond giving up 10,11 and 18 for Bolton and 14 + F3 is a weak trade. Richmond need the picks and Bolton wants out, should have just stayed on 10 + 18 that was more than fair.

Whats going on in WA? why are they so desperate

Have to feel for Dard Ball Get being amongst it, hope he has boarded up all the windows.

I really dont think Freo will improve while Longmuir insists on playing the conscripted risk averse game plan. The rare occasions they do take the game on and run and dare they look capable of matching it with anyone. They just dont do it enough they crab sideways backwards far too often - they look like we did under Richardson/Ratten with a lot more talent.

Having said that if Longmuir moves towards a game similiar to the Hawks then Freo have the talent to win a flag.

Im changing my tune I think since 9 and 13 got massive overs the chance we get another first rounder for a half-decent price has completely gone. Just stick with 7 & 8 on draft night I'd even consider trading 8 out if it meant we get overs like Richmond F1 or two firsts for a slide back. I think 8 is surplus we won't get the mid we want at that pick so lets maximise value.

Not even close. We gave up basically Pick 10, a second and Acres. Still a lot but not two picks in a "super draft"
2001 was the best draft of all time. Give yourself picks 13 and 14 in that draft and if you absolutely nail it, you come away with Dal Santo (13) and Stevie J (24).

It's more likely that you only come away with only one of them, and it's not all that unlikely that you walk away with Ashley Watson (14) and Barry Brooks (15).

Bolton is a guaranteed gun who is only coming into his prime now. He's the icing, he will be a far better player now that he'll have good players around him again.

Some absolutely baffling trades being done so far, if we were dealing like that I'd be pissed.

So far at least we've shown we are comfortable to walk when it makes sense, offering what we are willing to pay and not being pressured to overpay. Hopefully it stays that way. Even if we hit the draft with what we have right now I'd be happy.

Players like Macrae are a 'nice to have' but I'm not losing any sleep over missing out if other clubs don't want to play ball. Hopefully we stick to our guns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F1 for 18 and 23?

More realistic.

Give 32 for McCrae and get a late pick back

7, 8, 18, 23
F1 and F2 and 8 for 6 and 14

Gives us 6+7+14+32+45

6 and 7 gives us to excellent top quality mids, 14 a slider from the top ten, 32 comes in to 28 and a decent pick, then the NGA's and FS

So if we are to target a Richmond pick which do we go after of - 1, 6, 10, 11,18, 20, 23, 24.

What #8 for #11 & 20?
If they only want future picks our F1st & F2nd for #10?

Or do we just wait until draft night and hope GWS's hard on for Travaglia grows or Richmond want to get ahead of Melbourne's pick #9.

Very much enjoying razzing the Eagles fans atm. Clients trying to justify the pick 3 shenanigans to me yesterday, had to remind them what happened last time they did a pick-split 😈
When you say clients, do they pay by half hour or hour?

F1 and F2 and 8 for 6 and 14

Gives us 6+7+14+32+45

6 and 7 gives us to excellent top quality mids, 14 a slider from the top ten, 32 comes in to 28 and a decent pick, then the NGA's and FS
Agree, unfortunately I think there's no way Richmond do the deal with us knowing we are after the same type of players.

I think our best option would be Pick best mid at 7 and then tolerate a slide for overs at 8, if we could squeeze another first rounder for next year for a small slide that would be ideal.

Cool Richmond have heaps of picks. They will also be a basket case next year and for who knows how long.
unlike us, when GWS and Goldcoast came in, they have front loaded all young picks, so that when Tasmaania come in, they won't care.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back