List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

To me, Bolton makes Freo premiership fav for 2025. He's a match winner.
I wouldn't have them favourites due to persisting question marks over Longmuir and their historic inability to capitalise, but I think their list is as good a position as any in the comp.

Brayshaw, Serong and Young roving to Darcy while Bolton is crumbing off of Jackson, Amiss and Treacey. It's a scary group they've put together. Will all be hitting their prime together whilst their defensive veterans hold the fort down back.

Probably plays as Battle role/Third tall back interceptor. At Carlton he's been forced to play on Keys I actually think he is a good get. Clearly not as good as Battle but there's scope for improvement.
If we dont land him, he is an absolute spud, if we do land him, he is easily better than Battle.

Surely a mature ruckman is still the priority for us? We have limited options that won't cost more than they're worth (ie Soldo) but still the glaring missing piece I feel. Though I wouldn't be against the club giving Heath a chance.
Had mentioned it before that we should have picked up Sam Hayes when he was delisted. Felt he had been failed to be taught parts of the game by Port. Played this year in the VAFA for University Blues. Get him to train preseason. Or sign with Sandy for next year.

Yep and Carlton absolutely shit the bed in the process.

Reckon we have enough role players personally.

We just lost a role player & got pick 8 for him.

Handy if we can pick up a bloke to pay that can play that role for a lot less than #8

Im expecting the currency for Macrae will be part of us swapping next years into this year via richmond once their trades are complete.

Richmond will have picks 1, 6, 10, 11, 18 and some picks in the 20s.

They had 14 which has disappeared as part of the Bolton deal.

They might trade 6 & 10 or 6 & 18 to North’s for pick 2. But North may not accept that if they are worried Tauru won’t be there at their first pick or if the pick split isn’t good enough.

I can’t see Tigers doing any other deals with these first round picks. There is a gap between picks 11 & 18. They won’t be interested in trading-out one of their top four picks for future picks.

Tigers will only be moving picks from 18 onwards. Pick 18, 20, 23 & 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just lost a role player & got pick 8 for him.

Handy if we can pick up a bloke to pay that can play that role for a lot less than #8
I reckon between Schoey, Hastie, Sharman, Webster, Cordy, Keeler, Caminiti, McLennan, O'Connell we're okay for role playing medium defenders.

Would love another mid slider in the draft though.

Robbing them blind if this gets done (can only assume its because Kennedy is now available to them).

Carlton are desperate for a pick. Apart from pick 3 they have late junk.

And the Camporeale twins will be bid on at some stage. They need capital to match those bids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must say I'll be fairly disappointed if we don't end up with a solid backup ruck. Soldo wasn't the answer to all our problems but I always worry about Marshall copping an injury.

I think Marshall is much better developed as a forward now than when we had Ryder, and Ryder's ability to win hit outs made our weak midfield much stronger. I was looking forward to having some more ruck options but it seems like we'll be relying on a Preuss type.

Obviously the hope is on Heath - he desperately needs to come on and show something at AFL level this year or he starts to move towards the delisted group. After 3.5 years in the system he can't just be playing VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon between Schoey, Hastie, Sharman, Webster, Cordy, Keeler, Caminiti, McLennan, O'Connell we're okay for role playing medium defenders.

Would love another mid slider in the draft though.

I get he played there for a bit, bur I want to slap you for;
  1. Calling Keeler a "medium" type.
  2. Calling him a defender.

Man is a ruck forward that played defense cause it's easier to learn play than it is being up forward or in mid.

Agree, unfortunately I think there's no way Richmond do the deal with us knowing we are after the same type of players.

I think our best option would be Pick best mid at 7 and then tolerate a slide for overs at 8, if we could squeeze another first rounder for next year for a small slide that would be ideal.
They still have quality mids and are picking before us so I don’t see it as an issue. What have they actually lost or traded out ?.

I get he played there for a bit, bur I want to slap you for;
  1. Calling Keeler a "medium" type.
  2. Calling him a defender.

Man is a ruck forward that played defense cause it's easier to learn play than it is being up forward or in mid.
**** i hope he comes on, his 18s highlights package was pure football pr0n.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back