List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a make or break year for him this year. Dogs have lost Daniel and if anything have no real stand out in that 3rd tall role. Lobb, Jones and Keath with Busslinger coming through now and O'Donnel. They actually have a lack of that 3rd tall role. Its him Khamis and Duryea, if he isnt geting games ahead of those two hes probably done

Duryea is a third tall? He’s 179cm!

Duryea is a third tall? He’s 179cm!
3rd intercept whatever. Plays a fair bit taller than that.

Their backline is full of actual talls, they are battling for smalls. Coff is competing with Duryea and Khamis (opposed to Dale who is a pure rebounding backman).

One year in.
I doubt RTB will be happy with any unaccountable footballer.
He’ll learn.
Hopefully he’ll be a huge weapon for us sooner rather later.

It’s a role though, peel into space and attack off HB and kick over the midfield press.

Not really sure how we're gonna be able to take Blakiston in the rookie draft when we already have to take that fraud Sandy rookie

I feel like one of the 3 NGA/FS kids might be passed on - I'd be sending Peckett to Sandy so we can take him as a Sandy rook next year because he's not getting a seniors game in 2025 anyway. Just need to make sure a rival club doesn't take him

Weideman isn’t the worst forward depth option at his age, bit like Sam Day. You hope you never have to call him up to the senior side but would be a good player in 2’s. With all of Hayes, Membrey, Marshall, Caminiti and King he’s definitely not for us, but a club like Collingwood could do worse than to rookie him.

Weideman isn’t the worst forward depth option at his age, bit like Sam Day. You hope you never have to call him up to the senior side but would be a good player in 2’s. With all of Hayes, Membrey, Marshall, Caminiti and King he’s definitely not for us, but a club like Collingwood could do worse than to rookie him.
I wonder if he could play defense, he's a pretty ordinary forward but a big unit.

Nothing like Sam Day

Day is an experienced veteran who can be relied upon to consistently perform at the level when required

Weideman has never shown any ounce of consistency despite being given plenty of opportunity - his sporadic displays of talent are not worth all the time wasted with him doing nothing in the side. Teams would rather draft a VFL kid like Davidson than give him another chance

I wonder if he could play defense, he's a pretty ordinary forward but a big unit.
He has been trialled in defence before. Was terrible

Without competitiveness as a key forward, you won't succeed at AFL level in any position

He seems pretty soft, so not sure he would make it as a defender.

On another matter for all the vitriol the saints have copped for poor drafting, which has become a common (and highly flawed) counter to Andrew Bassat’s recent arguments, Every team has had 1st round shockers across the last 15 years.

In that 2015 Draft Brisbane took Josh Schache at 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we’ve got to find a way to get him into the team just for his kicking alone. Having him NWM, Hill and Sinclair delivering the ball into our forward line can only be a good thing.
I'm not sure I can think of a team that has had three better kicks in the backline than those guys. Only the Hawthorn dynasty comes to mind.

Really hope Arie puts in the work this off season and forces RL to select him.

3rd intercept whatever. Plays a fair bit taller than that.

Their backline is full of actual talls, they are battling for smalls. Coff is competing with Duryea and Khamis (opposed to Dale who is a pure rebounding backman).
I actually rate Khamis, he's definitely ahead of Coff these days.

Such a shame, in the second half of 2020 I thought the sky was the limit for him. Reminded me of Sam Fishsr a bit. Really thought we'd nailed that draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back