List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

His stats look good will search to see if there is any footage available of him.

Link of some small snippets. Has a really good leap and from what I saw looks like a cross between Stanley & Blicavs.

WAFL Highlights: East Fremantle v Claremont

And and article - https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiU9I-jx5SJAxV9qFYBHQoLEZcQFnoECBUQAQ&url=https://wafc.com.au/news/25510/hard-work-staying-ready-pays-off-for-sharks-ruckman&usg=AOvVaw3YaZKXIY5o9CPeDi_oCgKR&opi=89978449
I saw him touch the footy 1 time during those highlights - I hope there is someone else on the radar

Schoenmaker plays the loose distributor role more than a third accountable tall. Think Bonner not Battle. His long precise kicking breaks lines when the midfield is a weakness. He's a tall Daniel Rich.

Early days but Schoenmaker hasn't displayed anywhere near the intensity of Battle or Wilkie. He's a mile off filling Battle's shoes.

Sharman is a potential option for that 2nd / 3rd tall in the back half, maybe even Caminiti, but early days I think it makes more sense for Cordy to go to 2nd tall and Wilkie to go 3rd tall with our current mix.

Schoenmaker plays the loose distributor role more than a third accountable tall. Think Bonner not Battle. His long precise kicking breaks lines when the midfield is a weakness. He's a tall Daniel Rich.
Well said, he was working super hard on his overhead co tested stuff, but that wasn't his strength when he came to the club.

Take Sam Weideman as a DFA. Enright will sort him out. Only 27.

Take Sam Weideman as a DFA. Enright will sort him out. Only 27.
He played one game last year I think due to injury.
No thanks. Been there, done that.

Stats look better - maybe he had a bad day

It has been reported he has done a medical with us and Geelong, so there is other interest out there. Geelong dont have a pick until pick #57 so unless they trade back in we can take him with our last or a later pick at the draft. By that time clubs will be done and giving away picks.

Tim Membrey will sign for Collingwood, Jack Macrae is a Saint, and Josh Battle is a Hawk. Plus pick swaps!

I wrap up the last few weeks of trade / free agency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Saints met with big Easy Phillips this morning, he's a no brainer to sign IMO. He was very stiff to be dropped after the Hawks choked against Port Adelaide earlier in the season, never got another look in for some strange, political reason.
Exactly. Literally been reported that Ethan Phillips has interest from us yet people still obsess over these useless VFL reserves-standard players

Add on Blakiston/ruck depth, there's no room for anyone else

WHy is why going the "wow weve smashed this draft"? crow is fraught with danger

McCartin and Goddard anyone?

Coff and Clark actually had good years at least once though.

I dont think Goddard or Paddy even had patches of games where I thought they'd make it.

They may have had patches during games...

Admittedly injuries completely ****ed all 4 of their careers. That's not fair.

Anyway I have full belief in Keeler being a bookend for a decade! ...

Plz.

Exactly. Literally been reported that Ethan Phillips has interest from us yet people still obsess over these useless VFL reserves-standard players

Add on Blakiston/ruck depth, there's no room for anyone else
I'd have Tomlinson ahead of Phillips any day especially if we are serious about picking up Cole.

At least we know that Tomlinson can play at an AFL standard - Phillips played one game and then never got another look in.

I'd have Tomlinson ahead of Phillips any day especially if we are serious about picking up Cole.

At least we know that Tomlinson can play at an AFL standard - Phillips played one game and then never got another look in.
Except they play completely different roles

Tomlinson is a full back - he may have been a third tall back in the day but he's in the twilight of his career and is much less mobile now so is restricted to playing full lockdown. Cole is also a lockdown full back, idk why you're saying take Tomlinson if we're getting Cole given we already have Cordy as mature depth, makes no sense

Phillips is also 7 years younger. He played one game and was replaced by the likes of James Sicily and Jack Scrimshaw. I don't think that means he's a bad player...

Is that the sort of thing you usually use a rookie pick for?
I don’t know. I just think spots are going to be tight. Got to be very careful, and someone with obvious injury history is not a good gamble.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back