List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Literally been reported that Ethan Phillips has interest from us yet people still obsess over these useless VFL reserves-standard players

Add on Blakiston/ruck depth, there's no room for anyone else
I haven't noticed anyone obsessing about useless VFL reserve standard players.

Jesus christ, the kent looks 50 years old.
a41e7ef7293e16e3d916018ad97fdf2d

Take Sam Weideman as a DFA. Enright will sort him out. Only 27.

I’d rather take Wayne Weiderman. He’s only 57 & not afraid of his own shadow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we swoop on one of these Geelong mature age players that they seem to pull out at pick 71 in the draft? Get the recruiters down to South Barwon FC

Early days but Schoenmaker hasn't displayed anywhere near the intensity of Battle or Wilkie. He's a mile off filling Battle's shoes.

Sharman is a potential option for that 2nd / 3rd tall in the back half, maybe even Caminiti, but early days I think it makes more sense for Cordy to go to 2nd tall and Wilkie to go 3rd tall with our current mix.
No thanks. Cordy can play on the second tall..... at Sandy.

Except they play completely different roles

Tomlinson is a full back - he may have been a third tall back in the day but he's in the twilight of his career and is much less mobile now so is restricted to playing full lockdown. Cole is also a lockdown full back, idk why you're saying take Tomlinson if we're getting Cole given we already have Cordy as mature depth, makes no sense

Phillips is also 7 years younger. He played one game and was replaced by the likes of James Sicily and Jack Scrimshaw. I don't think that means he's a bad player...

Tomlinson is known as a strong runner, he has probably played half a dozen games at full back in his career. He is much more suited to the CHB role than full back IMO.

Except they play completely different roles

Tomlinson is a full back - he may have been a third tall back in the day but he's in the twilight of his career and is much less mobile now so is restricted to playing full lockdown. Cole is also a lockdown full back, idk why you're saying take Tomlinson if we're getting Cole given we already have Cordy as mature depth, makes no sense

Phillips is also 7 years younger. He played one game and was replaced by the likes of James Sicily and Jack Scrimshaw. I don't think that means he's a bad player...
Tomlinson played alongside Steven May in most of the games he played this year so I doubt he was playing as a lockdown FB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if he could play defense, he's a pretty ordinary forward but a big unit.

He's been tried both ends and hasn't worked out. He shows just enough to look incredible every now and again and then turn spud again. Maybe like Schache and Mason Wood he's a smaller player in a big body. I remember Robert Murphy saying that Schache was a flanker in a KP sized body and clubs wouldn't try anything different with him.

Perhaps Ross Lyon could give him a very basic set of instructions and set of markers and get something out of him.

In before some peanut suggests Jai Culley as a DFA option for us

I actually think he probably could have been a player in a better side. He's more seasoning than the steak.

Tomlinson is known as a strong runner, he has probably played half a dozen games at full back in his career. He is much more suited to the CHB role than full back IMO.
Being a strong runner doesnt mean anything in this context. Adrian Cole was top 10 in the 2km time trial and ur on record doubting his AFL ability

CHB or FB theres no difference, my point is that he is no longer a third tall because he's lost his agility and leap

Being a strong runner doesnt mean anything in this context. Adrian Cole was top 10 in the 2km time trial and ur on record doubting his AFL ability

CHB or FB theres no difference, my point is that he is no longer a third tall because he's lost his agility and leap

"CHB or FB no difference" 😁😁😁

I stand by my comments of Cole, he will struggle to become an intercepting defender - who are the best defenders in the game. Yet I also understand he will likely be picked up as an NGA and they will attempt to develop the offensive part of his game.

But you were bagging Tomlinson in support of Phillips. Phillips is a mark kick player who has nothing else to his game. Neither are going to be long term options and both have weaknesses, but Tomlinson is a long way more suitbale to the CHB position than Phillips.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back