List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went down before half time, let's just see what Max chooses
He’ll choose us.
Not sure what your interest in pursuing this is.
Ross has said they are discussing a deal to make him a player who will see out his career at the Saints.

Midfielders. Midfielders. Midfielders.

We have had one of the worst midfields in the comp since 2014.

Opportunity to stockpile 2 more elite young mids to go with Pou, and give us the best chance to build an elite midfield and we want to outbid hawthorns $950k+ for a 3rd tall defender that’s never been AA?

You’re having a lend, and you’re overrated the players we have on our list to get us to where each of you want to get.

Opportunity to stockpile 2 more elite young mids to go with Pou, and give us the best chance to build an elite midfield and we want to outbid hawthorns $950k+ for a 3rd tall defender that’s never been AA?

You’re having a legend, and you’re overrated the players we have on our list to get us to where each of you want to get.
Actually I changed my mind, I think we can contend if we keep battle and play Zac Jones, Seb Ross and Ryan Byrnes through the middle more

What do you do with the max king elephant in the room? Keep him and hope he goes from talented player who plays well one in 4 to Charlie curnow. What happens if he stays at the same level.

Would you entertain pick 1 from North for him or parish and tsatsis from the bombers for him. You'd think sos and co would be thinking this now
They seem hell bent on the idea of him amounting to something.
It looks like we're stuck with him for good or ill.
Personally i'd take the picks and or players ( but not the ones you mention) over him, but it's a very unpopular opinion.
Hope the club knows what it's doing, others may trust it without question.
I'm not one of them.
Hope...is all that's left.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be going near Dylan Shiel, he went missing again tonight when the the whips were cracking.

He would just be another list clogger if we traded him in and knowing the Bombers they would ask too much for him.

I wouldn't be going near Dylan Shiel, he went missing again tonight when the the whips were cracking.

He would just be another list clogger if we traded him in and knowing the Bombers they would ask too much for him.

would be as dumb as getting hannebury or jones.

Collingwood probably do what Geeloing did and top up talent like they have from outside the draft. When you are a big club with an elite system you can attract people to you. They are also very good at finding creative ways to bring in players. Collingwood are probably due to drop down though regardless.

We are going to lose a bulk of our best players from a bottom 8 side. We don't have to sustain form, we need to make up ground.
What’s going to happen to them is massive they must have a plan otherwise they will be wooden spooners for years.

Hearing the talk recently of the Saints sniffing around a couple of Adelaide defenders, wonder how that might be affected by the very real possibility Nick Murray did his ACL again last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's risk, and there is stoopid. He's a train wreck.

He's one of the most extreme cases of social issues ever in the league. Why a club like St Kilda who can barely manage to tie their own laces would even consider taking that on is beyond me. That is an example of a gamble that has about 2% chance of working out well and a 98% chance of being an absolute catastrophic appointment for cost, culture and distraction.

According to Hill's 250th game interview on the club's socials, Henry has just moved out of Hill's house.
Hill has two young kids, he probably couldn’t get out of there quick enough.

What’s going to happen to them is massive they must have a plan otherwise they will be wooden spooners for years.

They have pull and a coach that everyone rates so like Geelong I think they'll attract players in. They are an incredible club though. They have had so many injuries this year and they never use it as an excuse.

They go just as hard as they would with a full list. Sydney and Geelong never crash and burn. I think they'll be similar. They got very creative when they maxed their cap and chased cheap low risk options that worked out.

Some clubs seem to have the Midas touch. We unfortunately seem to have the brown touch.

He's one of the most extreme cases of social issues ever in the league. Why a club like St Kilda who can barely manage to tie their own laces would even consider taking that on is beyond me. That is an example of a gamble that has about 2% chance of working out well and a 98% chance of being an absolute catastrophic appointment for cost, culture and distraction.
To me it's more that he's too dumb to offer any reasonable odds of success. I doubt any club touches him.

They seem hell bent on the idea of him amounting to something.
It looks like we're stuck with him for good or ill.
Personally i'd take the picks and or players ( but not the ones you mention) over him, but it's a very unpopular opinion.
Hope the club knows what it's doing, others may trust it without question.
I'm not one of them.
Hope...is all that's left.

Ross Lyon and Max King seem like a terrible combination. We need drastic forward line restructuring. I reckon that there is a serious issue when every forward seems to turn to shit when ahead of the ball. Something that we are doing is falling down there.

I watched that patch of game last night where Adelaide went inside 50 about 8 times in a row and kicked 8 goals straight. It was genuinely joyful to watch and their forwards and fans must have enjoyed every second of it. I'd be excited if we kicked 8 goals in a game these days.

I don't know if we demand that our players stay close to their man so that if it turns over there is no-one able to run out quickly or what but the forwards are a genuine liability these days.

Surely no one touches Clarry, not this year at least. Gonna be rather interesting to watch the next few years with his massive contract till 2030. My guess is that eventually they'll find some legal way to dump him and the contract, citing breaches of behavioural clauses or something similar.

Hopefully Bing gives up on the basket case up north and comes to the saints to form the most dangerous 1-2 punch in the game.

Imagine the melts at the lackluster second efforts of both Kings

Honestly can't see them both working in the same forward line. Ben is even worse with his tackle pressure than Max.

Oppo would walk it out of our D50

Ross Lyon and Max King seem like a terrible combination. We need drastic forward line restructuring. I reckon that there is a serious issue when every forward seems to turn to shit when ahead of the ball. Something that we are doing is falling down there.

I watched that patch of game last night where Adelaide went inside 50 about 8 times in a row and kicked 8 goals straight. It was genuinely joyful to watch and their forwards and fans must have enjoyed every second of it. I'd be excited if we kicked 8 goals in a game these days.

I don't know if we demand that our players stay close to their man so that if it turns over there is no-one able to run out quickly or what but the forwards are a genuine liability these days.
I think it's a combination of factors at play, but mainly the lack of a CHF to me is stark.
Many have said that Max should be higher up the ground which has worked on the few occasions weve seen it.
I wonder if they're still assuming Bing will one day fill that space or if it's stubbornness from either Max, Ross or Harves.
Another possibility is that in a similar case to Pou, they are allowing evolution to happen organically as the timeline seems to be a couple of years away from having all the pieces in place. I think Hammer is probably earmarked as a possible FF but still needs significant growth before he's ready. Either way, the future around our forward line is very opaque at the moment.

Surely no one touches Clarry, not this year at least. Gonna be rather interesting to watch the next few years with his massive contract till 2030. My guess is that eventually they'll find some legal way to dump him and the contract, citing breaches of behavioural clauses or something similar.
I think any supporter base from 17 other clubs would be very nervous if they took on that contract, even with a first rounder attached. I’m not entirely confident our sponsors would be on board either.

Avoid.

You’re having a lend, and you’re overrated the players we have on our list to get us to where each of you want to get.

Its the near certainty that in 4 years Pick will be an injury bust and Pick 5 will be tracking as well as Paddy Dow while Battle is holding down CHF in a team playing in prelims.

Andddd if he stays we'll end up with an overpaid 3rd tall.

No winning this one!

I think it's a combination of factors at play, but mainly the lack of a CHF to me is stark.
Many have said that Max should be higher up the ground which has worked on the few occasions weve seen it.
I wonder if they're still assuming Bing will one day fill that space or if it's stubbornness from either Max, Ross or Harves.
Another possibility is that in a similar case to Pou, they are allowing evolution to happen organically as the timeline seems to be a couple of years away from having all the pieces in place. I think Hammer is probably earmarked as a possible FF but still needs significant growth before he's ready. Either way, the future around our forward line is very opaque at the moment.
We have a rubbish midfield. If we had Harvey, Dal Santo, Goddard, Montagna, Hays, would King be more effective? Of course. But we don’t.. Hence we have to scrap, bust our arse to kick every goal..

Building a team without a competent midfield is like driving on the highway in a tractor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back