2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's bolting that much it's a great sign. How good if we finally land a gun father son
And it only took Frankie to have 48 kids to finally get one that can play.

Meanwhile Peter Daicos and Luke Darcy only have to go to the hoop once or twice for their old clubs to score

Last edited:
Hello all, I have just travelled into the future where I consulted Ross, SOS, Gubby and Dalrymple and they provided me the exclusive rights to the top 11 draft picks of 2024.

Some housekeeping first:
Pre-draft traded/Live picks swaps

Father/Son and Academies bids excluded
Richmond trade Dan Rioli and package of later picks to Gold Coast for Pick 6
Richmond trade Shai Bolton and Liam Baker to Fremantle for Pick 9
Richmond trade Pick 6 and 9 to North Melbourne for Pick 2
St Kilda get Band 1 Free Agency compensation for Josh Battle receive Pick 8
Adelaide trade Pick 4 and 25 to West Coast for Pick 3

And here we are the 2024 AFL Draft top 11:

1 Richmond - Finn O'Sullivan
2 Richmond - Jagga Smith
3 Adelaide - Sid Draper
4 West Coast - Josh Smillie
5 Melbourne - Harvey Langford
6 North Melbourne - Luke Trainor
7 St Kilda - Sam Lalor
8 St Kilda - Murphy Reid
9 Essendon - Harry Armstrong
10 North Melbourne - Matt Whitlock
11 Fremantle - Bo Allan

That’s right isn’t it? We can match any bid on him with a collection of late junk picks if we have them, just like other clubs who are landing father/sons. That’s the go is it not?
Yes, that’s right. Father sons can be matched regardless of where they are bidded on. But we do have to match using our next available pick.
So if Peckett is bidded on at 23 we have to use 24 to match, we can’t match with our third and fourth picks.
Most likely his bid will be well after our second, so the worst case scenario will require our third to match.
I’ve checked a few phantom drafts and nobody is mentioning him.

We can match it though, can’t we?

I’d rather get a good F/S than worry about our picks.

That’s right isn’t it? We can match any bid on him with a collection of late junk picks if we have them, just like other clubs who are landing father/sons. That’s the go is it not?
Yeah we can match wherever and I have no concern with our picks being used.

Was more shocked how far in he was coming.

Last 2 months have been great. But top 30 is where clubs want to strike as that is the elite talent pool in most drafts.

Hang on a flipping second, aren’t the FS bidding changed in for next year? The only immediate change was for the Next Gen academy picks

You seem suspiciously certain 🤓
proven innocent on point GIF by Fox TV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some bigfooty scuttlebutt here…

But North fans seem to think they’ll trade pick 2 for 1 top 10 pick and a later first rounder.
Rumours floating around that they want Armstrong and a key forward, or possibly both Whitlocks.

They have a midfield already, but their key defensive spots are rank, and Larkey needs a mate.

Some bigfooty scuttlebutt here…

But North fans seem to think they’ll trade pick 2 for 1 top 10 pick and a later first rounder.
I imagine if their reward is only a late first, then the other pick would have to be about pick 4. No way I would be doing otherwise if the shoe is in the other foot.

I imagine if their reward is only a late first, then the other pick would have to be about pick 4. No way I would be doing otherwise if the shoe is in the other foot.

They are targeting actual real life players , not just picks with points valuing .
If they can get the 2 players they want it makes no difference if its 4 or 10.

People like Trout and Pelican see numbers, people who are good at drafting see players.

Makes sense for Richmond who get pick 6 for Rioli from GCS and most likely Baker to WCE for Hawthorn pick 14 for Barrass.
Then they most likely get 9 and 16ish from Freo for Bolton.

Swap 6 and 9 for 2. Norf get Trainor and another tall. Rich get 2 picks of the litter FOS and Smith. Ade swaps with WCE to get Draper, WCE and Melb who knows but leaves us with a choice of a few mids left out of
Smilie most likely going to WCE leaving Langford Lalor Reid to choose two from.

Not the worst problem to have.

Just need someone to take a tall ahead of us and we will get 2 we'll ranked mids how they turn out is anyone's guess.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are targeting actual real life players , not just picks with points valuing .
If they can get the 2 players they want it makes no difference if its 4 or 10.

People like Trout and Pelican see numbers, people who are good at drafting see players.
Ok. There is a market for them to sell to. They won’t need to take 10 and 18 or whatever the irrelevant numbers are. They can do better than that and so they will.

Makes sense for Richmond who get pick 6 for Rioli from GCS and most likely Baker to WCE for Hawthorn pick 14 for Barrass.
Then they most likely get 9 and 16ish from Freo for Bolton.

Swap 6 and 9 for 2. Norf get Trainor and another tall. Rich get 2 picks of the litter FOS and Smith. Ade swaps with WCE to get Draper, WCE and Melb who knows but leaves us with a choice of a few mids left out of
Smilie most likely going to WCE leaving Langford Lalor Reid to choose two from.

Not the worst problem to have.

Just need someone to take a tall ahead of us and we will get 2 we'll ranked mids how they turn out is anyone's guess.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I imagine WC may look at a different type than Smilie given their most recent picks have been big bodied Reid and Ginbey. But who knows who they love I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back