List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What annoys me is that lots of sides that continually make the eight seem to get better draws than we do . We made the eight for the first time in a while and straight away get a hard draw , it sucks . It like the AFL don’t want sides like the Saints to be successful because we don’t get the crowd that Collingwood Carlton , Essendon, Richmond , Adelaide do .

You're spot on mate. But it's not "like" that's what the AFL wants, it's exactly what they want. The draw is to maximise revenue first, and fairness second. Pendles is about to play game 400 and has never played in Geelong, Tassie, Darwin, Cairns, Canberra or Ballarat. The fact we have a draw that can be so easily manipulated in a professional comp is hilarious in itself. Not to mention this "draw" has to have the same marquee fixtures with the same clubs every single year, gaurenteeing themselves prime time exposure and increased revenue. The best we can hope for is a few more Friday night games.

The Saints being good doesn't move the needle financially for the AFL. They don't want us to fail and us winning would be a good media story, but we are an absolute afterthought in every aspect. Apologies as this isn't trade related but everytime it gets brought up it annoys me haha

My theory is Battle is staying, 6 weeks ago i'd say he was out then they bring in Arie in prep for next year.

Our form starts changing and Battle has indicated he's staying which gives the coaches a chance to drop Arie back to Sandy for more defensive development as Arie's form didn't warrant being dropped the Adelaide game you can forgive.

They see Arie with more development will be a handy senior player & probably no need to expose him to AFL until he is primed most likely after another pre-season.

Thats my theory

My theory is Battle is staying, 6 weeks ago i'd say he was out then they bring in Arie in prep for next year.

Our form starts changing and Battle has indicated he's staying which gives the coaches a chance to drop Arie back to Sandy for more defensive development as Arie's form didn't warrant being dropped the Adelaide game you can forgive.

They see Arie with more development will be a handy senior player & probably no need to expose him to AFL until he is primed most likely after another pre-season.

Thats my theory
I like the theory and there are some things that also make me feel like Battle might stay, but pretty sure Arie was dropped for Stocker to come in and do a defensive job.

Thats my theory
Good theory, I have a similar one. Ross was all about playing Caminiti back, pretty sure it was as a Battle replacement, but then he went forward last week. I thought that was really interesting and could indicate Battle is staying.

Essendon can keep Dreamtime, they put so much work into that it's not funny, but like most the alt opponent needs to be rotational. Reality being ANZAC should be ours if we were at all relevant to the AFL, as to date we are the only club to have "conflict" ID wise with the Reich, so whilst all was impacted, our very identity was.

As it stands, money talks, so we just need to make sure others listen when we do talk.
I’m a firm believer all the big blockbuster games should be shared as reward for effort for the previous years finalists.

has anyone looked at what Richmond (seems they might go full North(Rioli/Martin/Baker/etc..) is doing and how that will impact us?
Unless they can convince WCE to give up a Top 3 Pick I'd be thinking Freo would be the better suiter for Bolton and their best at present is Pick 7 so doesn't; impact us.
Graham is a UFA but from whats been reported its not massive money being thrown at him.
Martin is probably too old to give too big of a Compo pick but it is the AFL.
Suns are currently after us so again our first pick wont be impacted if they trade for Rioli.

It could be a matter of us maybe using pick/s to help allow for some of the trades to occur.
That would depend on if Battle does leave and If we get Band 1.

Unless they can convince WCE to give up a Top 3 Pick I'd be thinking Freo would be the better suiter for Bolton and their best at present is Pick 7 so doesn't; impact us.
Graham is a UFA but from whats been reported its not massive money being thrown at him.
Martin is probably too old to give too big of a Compo pick but it is the AFL.
Suns are currently after us so again our first pick wont be impacted if they trade for Rioli.

It could be a matter of us maybe using pick/s to help allow for some of the trades to occur.
That would depend on if Battle does leave and If we get Band 1.
looking like Bolton wants out as well( back to WA), could be one hell of a draft for Richmond if it all happens

looking like Bolton wants out as well( back to WA), could be one hell of a draft for Richmond if it all happens
If all those these proposed trades occur during the offseason, then the Tigers could easily bring in 4-5 first rounders to complement what they already have draft wise.

Dan Rioli could easily go for two late first rounders to the Suns, Bolton would be two first rounders just to start the conversation, then you still have Baker, Martin and Graham - I believe the latter two deliver little to no draft capital.

With potentially all those picks, do the Tigers package them up and try and creep up the board? Regardless, they need as many talented kids in as possible, because their list is looking awful if they lose the aforementioned players.

I’m a firm believer all the big blockbuster games should be shared as reward for effort for the previous years finalists.

Maybe a portion of the revenue should be shared.
But the AFL already do equalisation, perhaps they just need to quantify that.
Crowd capacity is kind of a bullshit revenue stream when most of the AFL money comes from Media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s just say since signing his massive contract extension, he has not been a happy camper down at West Lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
But it'll cost us plenty to get him in contract - and such a long one. Is it worth it for us?

But it'll cost us plenty to get him in contract - and such a long one. Is it worth it for us?
Watched a bit of him living in SA...Reminds me a lot of Gresh in that he can be seen as selfish sometimes. However does have the Xfactor. Think with the right mentor/coach could be very special (I think Adelaide losing Betts as he was coming in has hurt him as there is no smallfwd/mid type that he can learn from. A lot of it is up to him and sometimes his head gets a bit clouded. Comes from a good upbringing and family that will keep him grounded.

has anyone looked at what Richmond (seems they might go full North(Rioli/Martin/Baker/etc..) is doing and how that will impact us?
I think it's a very good opportunity for us to play around with 5&6. Could trade 6 for 8 & 16 (via Freo for Bolton) to take best available at 5, Lalor/Langford at 8 (we'd probably take one of them at 6 anyway so we're getting absolute bang for buck with this deal), and add on a Travaglia/Hotton/Berry/Hynes at 16. Then a tall at our second rounder; Faull, Shanahan, Sims, Gerryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back