List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gees we didnt lose anything trading out Coffield he is way too slow, one dimensional and has no second efforts. He looks too heavy, he may come good but atm Im surprised he's getting a game in the Bulldogs side. Dow as who we basically received in the trade still has big questions on his work rate also, looks like basically a nil all draw.
Coffield is actually very quick.

How many soft tissue?
How many footy accidents?

Quiet now DH, I'm making uneducated comments with nothing to back it up except the vibe. We have had a terrible run since he came back.

Let’s get Rowell out of that dumpster fire franchise at the Gold Coast.

Unfortunately we'd have to take Anderson as well. Apparently they took both to try to keep them on the GC because they're best mates.

So some melbourne supporter posts something and, even though Misson is not in that type of role you want to pass him off?
Fair dinkum! Have you been on the turps?
Sometimes you contribute good, thoughtful posts. And sometimes......

I was being funny but we probably do need to have a look at why so many went down this year. Apart from Richmond and WC we seem to have the worst injury run in the comp this year.

At the right price sure, but I can't help but feel that he's a really good looking and harder working version of Paddy Dow.
I struggle to see what he's elite at.

He's not super quick, doesn't have great skills, isn't explosive, and doesn't win enough of his own footy. He's good at many things but not elite at anything.

However, despite the slip up with the drug video, character isn't an issue. His work ethic and professionalism is excellent and his desire to get the best out of himself is why I would take him on board. He takes his career seriously.

Either way I don't think we are a chance, Geelong or staying at the Dogs is how I've read it.

I think he was pretty close to elite and only 23. His last game of footy he was 22. You imagine he's got levels to go up still.

For me he isn't a need because he's outside and too much like what we have a lot of and we are meant to be drafting not trading this year.

To me he's a bit like De Goey where he seems to find a goal at just the right time and does team lifting things when the game is on the line. I'd love him but don't think he's the right fit.

Coffield is actually very quick.

I reckon this is where testing breaks down. Some guys have real beach muscle results where on paper they look amazing but don't seem to show it on field. Guys like Stuv and Dane Swan were incredible because off one step they seemed to be at top speed where other guys need to wind up and lose that explosive burst advantage that gets separation.

That's why I don't write off guys like Murphy Reid and Langford who don't test well but look like proper footballers. Testing is a guide to what they do well and really bad should mark them down but never write off a footballer that can play because of what you see on paper.

always looked mentally slow to me

His best footy was as an intercept marking HB like Tom Stewart. He lead the comp in intercept marks at round 22 one year. He probably needed to get a bit more creative and mobile to round out his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His best footy was as an intercept marking HB like Tom Stewart. He lead the comp in intercept marks at round 22 one year. He probably needed to get a bit more creative and mobile to round out his game.
Don't get me wrong there are or were good parts to his game, but he sometimes looked lost with the ball in hand. If he took the mark and had time he looked ok. And then when he had the ball in semi space the inability to take the right option or even clear the area when under pressure really hurt him and his value to his team.

When he left the Saints he was no longer in the best 23 and unlikely to get a get a better shot because of the performance of the back 6 or 7. At the Dogs he's in the bottom three in a team that really could do with a defensive medium defender.

I reckon this is where testing breaks down. Some guys have real beach muscle results where on paper they look amazing but don't seem to show it on field. Guys like Stuv and Dane Swan were incredible because off one step they seemed to be at top speed where other guys need to wind up and lose that explosive burst advantage that gets separation.

That's why I don't write off guys like Murphy Reid and Langford who don't test well but look like proper footballers. Testing is a guide to what they do well and really bad should mark them down but never write off a footballer that can play because of what you see on paper.
Can’t just go off testing thats for sure, reading the game and timing makes you look like bolt. Coffield is however bloody quick over 20 in testing for what it’s worth.

Quiet now DH, I'm making uneducated comments with nothing to back it up except the vibe. We have had a terrible run since he came back.
I wasn’t challenging you.
I actually couldn’t remember so was a genuine question 🤣🤣🤣🤣
But I dont think too many were conditioning style injuries.

These days I can’t remember so far back as the beginning of the season 😝

Gees we didnt lose anything trading out Coffield he is way too slow, one dimensional and has no second efforts. He looks too heavy, he may come good but atm Im surprised he's getting a game in the Bulldogs side. Dow as who we basically received in the trade still has big questions on his work rate also, looks like basically a nil all draw.
He is probably someone who greatly benefited from our running program. We haven't done a lot right over the years but we've had one of the toughest preseason running programs in the comp for years. Bruce also suffered when he first went to the Dogs because they dont focus on it much.

At the right price sure, but I can't help but feel that he's a really good looking and harder working version of Paddy Dow.
I struggle to see what he's elite at.

He's not super quick, doesn't have great skills, isn't explosive, and doesn't win enough of his own footy. He's good at many things but not elite at anything.

However, despite the slip up with the drug video, character isn't an issue. His work ethic and professionalism is excellent and his desire to get the best out of himself is why I would take him on board. He takes his career seriously.

Either way I don't think we are a chance, Geelong or staying at the Dogs is how I've read it.

0% chance he's at the dogs next year. Goes to the same gym as me in St Kilda instead of the AFL facilities at the Kennel because he hates the place. Heard him say to the manager that he doesn't miss the team at all.

Really hope we've at least had a crack at him. Great player and would really improve our midfield

Don't get me wrong there are or were good parts to his game, but he sometimes looked lost with the ball in hand. If he took the mark and had time he looked ok. And then when he had the ball in semi space the inability to take the right option or even clear the area when under pressure really hurt him and his value to his team.

When he left the Saints he was no longer in the best 23 and unlikely to get a get a better shot because of the performance of the back 6 or 7. At the Dogs he's in the bottom three in a team that really could do with a defensive medium defender.

We were very stacked in that area. Battle is the natural intercept option, Sinclair is a premium rebounder. We have Webster as that rangy accountable stopper and now Nas off a HBF. Also Wilkioe and Howard who are both handy at intercepting incoming ball.

I reckon Hastie actually looks an upgrade on him and Arie could be anything.

We were very stacked in that area. Battle is the natural intercept option, Sinclair is a premium rebounder. We have Webster as that rangy accountable stopper and now Nas off a HBF. Also Wilkioe and Howard who are both handy at intercepting incoming ball.

I reckon Hastie actually looks an upgrade on him and Arie could be anything.
And McClennan, Stocker, Clark, Byrnes, Wilson and Bonner. Sharman and Caminiti can swing back and I'd expect Liam O'Çonnell to debut there too. Of course we have no mids and the Doggies seem to have a few too many :)

I didn't realise Macrae was dropped from their team. Maybe he is a chance.
Both him and Daniel are on the outer, but still on decent contract.

Wonder if they'd be happy to offload both for a second round pick if we picked up the contract.
I like Gringo's idea of Daniel going back to his small forward role, we don't have much depth there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back