Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

The manner in which Noble and Lipinski train always has them starting 22 in practice matches.
Both have been fantastic, and both were playing in Team A on friday. But Murphy was missing so that may or may not be the reason Noble was in the black.

I agree on Eyre. I've only seen him once live and he did nothing that stood out. It seems like another case of "he's tall, let's take him". I reckon if we wanted a project Key Defender we will take Sof. Eyre must have improved 1000% between last year and so far this year. I'm glad I lost my rose colored glasses decades ago

“I’ve only seen him once live and he did nothing that stood out”

Just playing that part over and over and over in my head

Yep, you’ve convinced me!

So you’d rather we let him rehab part-time with our VFL facilities and hope it works out, and then hope he’s available at the MSD (which we would then likely need to offer an 18 month contract), than just recruit him on a 1 year deal, let him rehab full time in the best facilities available with one of the best strength and conditioning departments in the league and then make another call on him at the end of the year? All to save a spot in the list for 3 months?

Do you not understand how psychotic that sounds?

Reluctance to offer a scarce list spot contract to a not-yet-even-fringe player who has just incurred a serious medium-term injury hardly seems like the definition of “psychotic”.

Which dictionary you using?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“I’ve only seen him once live and he did nothing that stood out”

Just playing that part over and over and over in my head

Yep, you’ve convinced me!
I watched Prestigiacomo in 233 AFL games and cant recall anything he did on the field that stood out. He averaged 7 touches a game during his career yet was a valued AFL player unlucky not to be a premiership player.
Our coaches and recruiting staff always know best.

Reluctance to offer a scarce list spot contract to a not-yet-even-fringe player who has just incurred a serious medium-term injury hardly seems like the definition of “psychotic”.
Same one as the journo who described Maxwell's T20 century vs WI as "insane".

Last edited:
I watched Prestigiacomo in 233 AFL games and cant recall anything he did on the field that stood out. He averaged 7 touches a game during his career yet was a valued AFL player unlucky not to be a premiership player.
The game has changed tenfold since Presti retired let alone was in his prime and he wouldn’t get on a list in 2024.

The example I would use in the context of standing out is Dean who was fantastic at that level as a 20yo and is currently a long way back. Injuries are a factor for both, but Eyre has played plenty of VFL and is yet to shoot the lights out like Dean did in his draft year.

I’m also on board with the posts querying the time invested in a guy who possibly won’t wind up on the list. I basically didn’t post for two months and most of it since I came back is Eyre based. It’s a bit odd.

I pondered a reply along the same lines (psychotic) but thought my presence in the thread was already deemed too odious. Though here I am again. Surely there will be an announcement today to end this speculative discussion.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I pondered a reply along the same lines (psychotic) but thought my presence in the thread was already deemed to odious. Though here I am again. Surely there will be an announcement today to end this speculative discussion.
I had to hand this over to my higher power because I was becoming fixated on the fact that this speculative tall with vulnerable hammy's, might not deserve a list spot. I am at peace with whatever decision is made now

ATM that’s true but it’s not always the case.

I had to hand this over to my higher power because I was becoming fixated on the fact that this speculative tall with vulnerable hammy's, might not deserve a list spot. I am at peace with whatever decision is made now
I'm not at peace with this - just maybe hammy(s).

BTW - still in Epworth - good news is I can see the COLLINGWOOD Town Hall from my room 👍

Did you feel it coming in the air tonight?

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back