Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very impressed by Reef’s overhead marking, didn't think it'd be that good.

He is also cat-like when the ball hits the ground. That's his point of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
His marking has improved ten fold this pre-season.

I'm pleased for Reef. His grabs are becoming more like AJ's one grab marks but, compared to AJ, Reef provides more in terms of work rate both ways when he doesn't have the ball. I think Reef might be a walk-up-strat and AJ might have some work to do to get a run in the seniors. I can't see Frampton being persisted with at FF in any case.

My one reservation about Reef is he is dynamic but doesn’t pose a threat like McStay if we are bombing long against fold back defenses. I think we will need to be smart about it and throw Darcy or Coxy forward a bit more. But we are used to playing a little short. Jen’s videos and reports have me bullish about him though

Does anyone know if the club will be live streaming the intra club on Wednesday? I usually watch it, but haven't seen any mention of a broadcast unfortunately
I havent heard.
Sometimes they do, sometimes not. I think last year they just had highlights. There has yet be any mention of it.

Does anyone know if the club will be live streaming the intra club on Wednesday? I usually watch it, but haven't seen any mention of a broadcast unfortunately
Maybe give the club a call tomorrow. I couldn't find anything on any of the info they've emailed out to members or on their website.

Very impressed by Reef’s overhead marking, didn't think it'd be that good.

He is also cat-like when the ball hits the ground. That's his point of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That second clip impressed me the most. One grab on a fast lead under pressure is not easy to pull off at all.

I'm pleased for Reef. His grabs are becoming more like AJ's one grab marks but, compared to AJ, Reef provides more in terms of work rate both ways when he doesn't have the ball. I think Reef might be a walk-up-strat and AJ might have some work to do to get a run in the seniors. I can't see Frampton being persisted with at FF in any case.
Think its more likely Reef and AJ have booked spots in the pre season games. If they are vying for a spot and that seems likely it will most likely come down to who steps up in those matches. Both have potential and hopefully both come on this year.

Reef was insane! Kicked all of the goals for his side. All 4 straight within 6 mins.
Kicked 3 in 1 minute.
Could have kicked 5 but the wind flashed it across goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just need him to stay Un-Injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just makes me more convinced they’re going to select/have selected him. There would be absolutely no point in him being there otherwise.

I’m starting to get this vibe too. If they had already put a line through him and given there is only 1 session left on wed. The intraclub he can’t participate in, there wouldn’t be any reason he needed to be out there with leppa.

Has there been an update on the injuries? (Harry and the Sgt)

Nah no word. Guess we will see on wed during the intraclub unless an update is revealed before or after then

This just in from Nigel on FB.
TRAINING MONDAY 14TH FEBRUARY :-
Another superb day for training this morning. Temperature was in the high twenties, a clear blue sky and a fairly stiff breeze.
Training was already underway when I arrived at 9.20am. Presumably they started at 9am to finish early and watch the Superbowl. (Beats me why ). I didn’t notice Jamie Elliott or Steele Sidebottom anywhere. Just having a rest before the Intraclub game on Wednesday afternoon I guess. Players in rehab were Dan McStay, Nathan Murphy and Josh Daicos.Murphy and Daicos took part in most of the drills but they just do running on the boundary line when the match sim is on. They seem to do that each session. Dan McStay continues to put in a lot of hard work building up his knee. He even did a couple of twists this morning. It will be interesting to see how it all works out but it is looking good early in his rehab.
A lot of the session involved working the ball out of the backline with short passes then back to the middle and a long kick to a leading forward. They practiced that over and over and it always looked impressive. All the players, including the younger ones, know the drills inside out and back to front and know what is required of them to support the player with the ball and give leads. It has all come together nicely. Following that drill which seemed to go on for ages, They split into 4 groups. The focus seemed to be the bigger player going for a high ball kicked to a couple of players and one would knock the ball to the ground, hopefully to a smaller player running at speed. Most of the time it worked exactly how the coaches wanted it. Then there were a couple of sprints before the players left the ground for a short while.
When they returned there was a match sim for about half an hour. There was some excellent fast play on passages of play from one end of the ground to the other. Jordan De Goey was the standout once again. He is just so strong. Nobody can stop him in a tackle. There were fend offs and evasion skills on show from him. People are calling Nick Daicos an early Brownlow favourite but at the moment Jordy is just awesome. But no doubt they will take votes from each other. Pendlebury was his usual steady self, regularly driving the ball deep forward after seemingly having 10 seconds to decide where his kick was going. Reef McInnes once again took some strong marks, usually against Maynard and Frampton. He also lead exceptionally well to take another couple of nice marks. I really hope he can keep this form going and avoid any more injuries. Fin Macrae saw plenty of the ball too as did Ed Allen. And others to impress were Nathan Kreuger and Aiden Begg. I wouldn’t mind betting someone has had a good talk to Kreuger and told him to calm things down a bit. He took a couple of great marks (and goals) this morning mainly coming in from the side rather than recklessly throwing himself into packs and getting injured all the time. I’m not sure how we can play Begg when we have Cox and Cameron. He deserves a senior game soon. I was thinking maybe CHF and ruck when needed. He seems to be much more mobile now and takes a strong mark. Towards the end of the match sim Lachie Schultz limped of the ground. He seemed to be in quite a bit of pain. Hopefully just a rolled ankle and nothing serious.
After the match sim finished training was pretty well wrapped up at 11am with just a handful of players staying back for goalkicking practice. I can’t wait for the intraclub game on Wednesday afternoon. Go Pies. 👍💪💪

great effort but please, it need more paragraphs, it looks so daunting to read. Just a wall of words

Remove this Banner Ad

Back