List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Cinc? He plays a valuable role, has pace, penetrating kick, tough as nails, can break lines & kicked ass as a stopper.
IMO Lord takes Hewetts spot from day 1, our mid field needs an update, Lord & pick 3 does that.
Cinc also has one other quality - he never stops trying! Doesn’t drop his head, just keeps at it & gives his all every single time.
Love Cincotta, if I am picking the team, he is there as that half fwd and mid rotation every week.

Cinc is will be 28 turning 29 next season, and Lord is 19 turning 20. My post was moreso about laying down the challenge to the younger players to go claim a spot in the team. Cinc will be at Carlton in 2026 and will be promoted onto senior list next year.

Also I think Cerra has that defensive mid role over George if his hamstrings hold up. Ben Camporeale in the reserves preparing for that role too.

Loved Lord's tackling pressure both in midfield and in F50. Think half fwd/mid is his go for a couple of years before we think about full time midfield.

Yep, projecting, if TDK has the year most of us expect, Pitto will only get spasmodic senior game time. Should O’Keeffe and to a lesser extent Lemmey develop as they probably should given they will be in their third years, Pitto could become surplus, and almost certainly and rightfully would seek senior opportunity elsewhere. The status of Lewis Young may have some impact here. Young is a capable ruck when deployed there. His chances of surviving the cut in 2025 could well be dependent on his versatility. While we will be looking to make list spots available at season’s end, the same will be the case at the end of ‘26.

Most of us would have Fantasia as a delisting post ‘25, Pitto becomes quite a logical trade option. Further cuts will be prioritised through the year. Doc, Saad, McGovern and Newman as the elder statesmen, some of whom have and still do have injury issues as well as developing players a chance to go past them. Haynes only on a one year deal and as old as any will need a stellar year to extend. Kempy had suitors so form dependent, may become a trade option (heaven forbid) and it remains to be seen how/if Voss will use JSOS. Do Lemmey and/or Wilson come on as hoped?

Ison as a third tall, perhaps even getting to KPP size is an interesting prospect, surely more likely than not to be taken up. Gresham has played some prominent Coates League games as an underager, despite being a midget. If he manages a growth spurt to take him to similar physical stature as his big brother, he will likely become highly sought after, but clearly plays a role we almost certainly would want to upgrade. As mentioned Cincotta will need an upgrade to remain, which surely would be desired.

We maybe need a fourth vacancy for a draft or trade/ free agency addition, but there appear to be sufficient avenues to do this.
HOK and Lemmey are more like for like with TDK and McKay than Pitto. This means less chopping and changing to the system and structure when they have to step in - which will benefit team cohesion. I really hope they come on to at least be reliable depth in 2025 onwards.

Interesting point re: Young. Contracted to 2026 and if no takers this year, I doubt many will line up for him next year unless he has an uptick in form in which case we will probably keep him to his contract for a year.

Ison already at 190cm, and from reports is quite athletic and loves a mark. My thinking is Charlie Curnow understudy as a mobile key forward.

not for mine, has pace, can take a mark and a great kick at goal but only plays 5-10 minutes a match, goes missing for the rest. He's also 33.
Bit of a whipping boy, but feel his role at Geelong was misunderstood. Pinged hammies left right and centre at Sydney running away from ppl playing an attacking role, went to Geelong and was told to chase ppl instead. The 5 to 10 mins he played attacking were the bonus time that kept his man/defensive zone accountable. I reckon anyways...

We need someone playing that role, but reckon Kemp has him covered in every way.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without going through the specifics our list management hasn’t improved our list in the off-season…specifically for next season…collingwood (a team we couldn’t beat twice) has improved their list for next season…hard to get excited about next year
You genuinely don't believe that having more key players available due to less injuries added to continued growth from Cowan, Hollands brothers, Moir, Lord, Binns, pick 3 and the Camporeales will make us better?

And you also believe that the Pies, clinging to a stack of 30+ year olds hanging on by their fingernails and adding Perryman (at 900k) per season who doesn't move the needle by much and Houston who will help them, will be significantly better then you think that they are governed by the ageing rules if Benjamin Button (reverse ageing)

Our list is in significantly better shape than theirs. I understand them wanting to go all in but they are right on the precipice. If something were to happen to Daicos (of the N variety) then you would comfortably back them to finish bottom 6.

Why Cinc? He plays a valuable role, has pace, penetrating kick, tough as nails, can break lines & kicked ass as a stopper.
IMO Lord takes Hewetts spot from day 1, our mid field needs an update, Lord & pick 3 does that.
Cinc also has one other quality - he never stops trying! Doesn’t drop his head, just keeps at it & gives his all every single time.
Love Cinc for his attitude, fitness, strength, concentration, buy in. Not sure we can play him in same role as last year as oppo worked us out there.

He needs to consistently run both ways (and be given a license to) to keep getting a game. Has shown he can do it(kicks goals on opponent), but the fact he isnt trusted in centre bounces tells me he lacks a little something in coaches' eyes.

Bit of a watch for sure

Without going through the specifics our list management hasn’t improved our list in the off-season…specifically for next season…collingwood (a team we couldn’t beat twice) has improved their list for next season…hard to get excited about next year
Pick 3 is a big deal, Haynes to imo. Bit think most improvement will come not from list management but the way the "list is managed". New fitness boss and Grsham Wright are massive acquisitions!

Reckon there will be a fair few players that could be traded depending on the circumstances.

Binns is contracted but if he's continues to dominate vfl without much afl opportunitty will almost certainly ask for a trade and have some interest.

Kemp a big chance to move. If he doesn't get much opportunitty he'll go and if he comes on he may get an offer to good for us to match.

Cerra might just be to big a risk for us to offer a big money long contract too and he will have suitors ready to take the risk. Unless he can put together a close to complete season you almost need to put a line through him.

Motlop another who would get interest whether he has a good year or not. You'd think Pitto asks for a trade if TDK stays fit and plays most the year as sole ruck.

Gov and Saad should stay but have had their pay day and will need to be willing to stay for less money. If they want to chase another cheque could see them going. Same with Hewett who could also get squeezed out of the 22 if we want a quicker mix.

Lemmey needs to take a big step forward to stay on the list. Durdin could be payed out a year early if he has a poor year. Young on the chopping block.

Wilson should get extended. Would need a seriously poor year to be delisted.

So many possibilities. I think we are at the stage of our list build where more good players start to get squeezed out. It'll be tough at times but also a sign of our side getting stronger and we'll actually get something for the players leaving.
Totally agree here.

Ollie or Acres will need to shift off wing for Binns to get a go tho. Struggled with pace of AFL, largely due to lack of opportunity tho.

Don't see Ollie at halfback. Too slow, too slow to get ball to boot, too good on the wing. Acres seems a confidence sort, so would keep his role stable too. Reckon Binns moves on or becomes one of those too good for VFL, not quite there to go up sorts.

You genuinely don't believe that having more key players available due to less injuries added to continued growth from Cowan, Hollands brothers, Moir, Lord, Binns, pick 3 and the Camporeales will make us better?

And you also believe that the Pies, clinging to a stack of 30+ year olds hanging on by their fingernails and adding Perryman (at 900k) per season who doesn't move the needle by much and Houston who will help them, will be significantly better then you think that they are governed by the ageing rules if Benjamin Button (reverse ageing)

Our list is in significantly better shape than theirs. I understand them wanting to go all in but they are right on the precipice. If something were to happen to Daicos (of the N variety) then you would comfortably back them to finish bottom 6.
Going to be fun to see what happens when we send Cinc to monster him all game.

Got a feeling he’s going to have a rough time, going to be wearing a super tight tag with a double team on occasion as his support isn’t anywhere near as dangerous as it use to be

Love Cincotta, if I am picking the team, he is there as that half fwd and mid rotation every week.

Cinc is will be 28 turning 29 next season, and Lord is 19 turning 20. My post was moreso about laying down the challenge to the younger players to go claim a spot in the team. Cinc will be at Carlton in 2026 and will be promoted onto senior list next year.

Also I think Cerra has that defensive mid role over George if his hamstrings hold up. Ben Camporeale in the reserves preparing for that role too.

Loved Lord's tackling pressure both in midfield and in F50. Think half fwd/mid is his go for a couple of years before we think about full time midfield.

Lord an interesting one. His quick and sure hands bodes well I reckon. Will have to dislodge someone or add half forward string to his bow to get a game tho.

Who do you reckon he gets a game over?

What I don't understand is why are Geelong getting rid of him and taking a chance on Martin? Red flag if Geelong are happy to let him go?

Martin is younger, Cats will back in fitness staff to get him right.
Jack's personal physio that got him healthy works in Geelong as well so he doesn't have to drive from Melbourne down and back to go visit him

I reckon Lord will be a starting onballer by the end of next year. Elite hands, great kick, strong and will get stronger, can accumulate. Reckon he overtakes Hewett and maybe even Cerra. Big call but really excited about him.

The only struggle will how he gets transitions into the team. I think we have better options as a half forward doing spurts on-ball. Maybe he's just in the VFL waiting for his chance (or straight in if he can have an epic preseason).

Jack's personal physio that got him healthy works in Geelong as well so he doesn't have to drive from Melbourne down and back to go visit him

I can understand them taking a chance with Martin but why get rid of Rohan, just age or does attitude come into it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have expected announcements on the Carrolls and Durdin by now.
Being on the fence with Carrol is fine, he gets on the park, is solid at VFL and is ok at the level, if he improves even slightly, he’s an ok player.

Im dumbfounded by still having Durdin on the list, he can’t do the bare minimum and be available for selection, we could find better options in the metro leagues.

Being on the fence with Carrol is fine, he gets on the park, is solid at VFL and is ok at the level, if he improves even slightly, he’s an ok player.

Im dumbfounded by still having Durdin on the list, he can’t do the bare minimum and be available for selection, we could find better options in the metro leagues.

I think they held Durdin in case they got a trade for Young, but that still doesn't make sense to me.
And surely they already know which, if any, of the Carrolls they want to keep on?

He has never been healthy mate, if Geelong can get him to play 17+ games next season it will be a big win for them.

I reckon Lord will be a starting onballer by the end of next year. Elite hands, great kick, strong and will get stronger, can accumulate. Reckon he overtakes Hewett and maybe even Cerra. Big call but really excited about him.

The only struggle will how he gets transitions into the team. I think we have better options as a half forward doing spurts on-ball. Maybe he's just in the VFL waiting for his chance (or straight in if he can have an epic preseason).

Lord needs an absolute massive preseason to become a starting midfielder, you can’t play 60% of game time and expect that’s what will happen.

Exactly the reason I reckon the club were happy to let Kennedy go, he just couldn’t play at a good enough level for long enough week in and week out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are running into list management headaches.

I think end of next year we will be looking at offloading a few.

I'm expecting two mids to go. Carroll will be one. Cerra if he can't get fit and possibly Hewett as well, same circumstances as Kennedy.

We will have Cripps, Walsh, Pick 3, Camporeale, Lord and either Cerra or Hewett on the list with Walker being drafted. We may only offload one mid meaning only Carroll goes out and Hewett and Cerra both stay but only if things are working out well. I suspect you will be right, pick 3 and Lord push Hewett out and he will want to look around for more game time and we will be desperate for list spots.

I think Lord becomes best 22 very quickly and the player we get at pick 3 should be in the best 22 as well. Walker the following season should be the same and Camporeale could be knocking the door down pretty hard so it's not hard to see how we will move on at least one mid possibly 3. If Cerra's hamstrings are no good it will be him. Hewett likely because of his pace and mobility, same as Kennedy. I think Carroll only stays on for depth this season and goes the next.

Forward line needs a clean out. Fogarty, Cottrell, Fantasia, Durdin, Motlop and Williams. At the moment they are all C-D grade players. Stupidly for us we have given some of them rather long contracts. Motlop and Fantasia are the only ones out of contract. Durdin and Fogarty the year after that and insanely Cottrell is not out of contract until 2027. Austin's list management has been horrible here. Fantasia will be delisted, Motlop is 50/50. We will probably be trying very hard to make trades with the rest to get them off our books but I can not see any takers. I can see Cottrell playing only reserves football for a whole three seasons. This list management is insane.

Because of this horrible list management I think Cincotta's spot on our list is in trouble. I like Cincotta but we are clogged up with second rate forwards on long contracts and an ever improving midfield and we will want lost spots.

There are a lot of players I would prefer Cincotta over but I have a bad feeling, due to being hamstrung by dumb contracts that he may not be on the list in 2026.

Lord needs an absolute massive preseason to become a starting midfielder, you can’t play 60% of game time and expect that’s what will happen.

Exactly the reason I reckon the club were happy to let Kennedy go, he just couldn’t play at a good enough level for long enough week in and week out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was that his fitness or was that our coaching?

We are running into list management headaches.

I think end of next year we will be looking at offloading a few.

I'm expecting two mids to go. Carroll will be one. Cerra if he can't get fit and possibly Hewett as well, same circumstances as Kennedy.

We will have Cripps, Walsh, Pick 3, Camporeale, Lord and either Cerra or Hewett on the list with Walker being drafted. We may only offload one mid meaning only Carroll goes out and Hewett and Cerra both stay but only if things are working out well. I suspect you will be right, pick 3 and Lord push Hewett out and he will want to look around for more game time and we will be desperate for list spots.

I think Lord becomes best 22 very quickly and the player we get at pick 3 should be in the best 22 as well. Walker the following season should be the same and Camporeale could be knocking the door down pretty hard so it's not hard to see how we will move on at least one mid possibly 3. If Cerra's hamstrings are no good it will be him. Hewett likely because of his pace and mobility, same as Kennedy. I think Carroll only stays on for depth this season and goes the next.

Forward line needs a clean out. Fogarty, Cottrell, Fantasia, Durdin, Motlop and Williams. At the moment they are all C-D grade players. Stupidly for us we have given some of them rather long contracts. Motlop and Fantasia are the only ones out of contract. Durdin and Fogarty the year after that and insanely Cottrell is not out of contract until 2027. Austin's list management has been horrible here. Fantasia will be delisted, Motlop is 50/50. We will probably be trying very hard to make trades with the rest to get them off our books but I can not see any takers. I can see Cottrell playing only reserves football for a whole three seasons. This list management is insane.

Because of this horrible list management I think Cincotta's spot on our list is in trouble. I like Cincotta but we are clogged up with second rate forwards on long contracts and an ever improving midfield and we will want lost spots.

There are a lot of players I would prefer Cincotta over but I have a bad feeling, due to being hamstrung by dumb contracts that he may not be on the list in 2026.
A touch drastic & reactive, IMHO.

This list isn’t as far away as you suggest.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back