List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

We are running into list management headaches.

I think end of next year we will be looking at offloading a few.

I'm expecting two mids to go. Carroll will be one. Cerra if he can't get fit and possibly Hewett as well, same circumstances as Kennedy.

We will have Cripps, Walsh, Pick 3, Camporeale, Lord and either Cerra or Hewett on the list with Walker being drafted. We may only offload one mid meaning only Carroll goes out and Hewett and Cerra both stay but only if things are working out well. I suspect you will be right, pick 3 and Lord push Hewett out and he will want to look around for more game time and we will be desperate for list spots.

I think Lord becomes best 22 very quickly and the player we get at pick 3 should be in the best 22 as well. Walker the following season should be the same and Camporeale could be knocking the door down pretty hard so it's not hard to see how we will move on at least one mid possibly 3. If Cerra's hamstrings are no good it will be him. Hewett likely because of his pace and mobility, same as Kennedy. I think Carroll only stays on for depth this season and goes the next.

Forward line needs a clean out. Fogarty, Cottrell, Fantasia, Durdin, Motlop and Williams. At the moment they are all C-D grade players. Stupidly for us we have given some of them rather long contracts. Motlop and Fantasia are the only ones out of contract. Durdin and Fogarty the year after that and insanely Cottrell is not out of contract until 2027. Austin's list management has been horrible here. Fantasia will be delisted, Motlop is 50/50. We will probably be trying very hard to make trades with the rest to get them off our books but I can not see any takers. I can see Cottrell playing only reserves football for a whole three seasons. This list management is insane.

Because of this horrible list management I think Cincotta's spot on our list is in trouble. I like Cincotta but we are clogged up with second rate forwards on long contracts and an ever improving midfield and we will want lost spots.

There are a lot of players I would prefer Cincotta over but I have a bad feeling, due to being hamstrung by dumb contracts that he may not be on the list in 2026.
Cincotta, like a heap of players, will get his chances in 2025. If he takes those chances he will be on the list in 2026 and if he doesn't he won't. Like a lot of players who's contracts expire next year.

Might be time to hop down from your "dumb contracts" high horse.

Think they might’ve got the Carroll’s the wrong way around :drunk:

Jack can play and at worst was great depth. Too good to just de-list.

Played in 15 games this year….

Kennedy and Carroll featured in a combined amount of 39 games

Campo and pick 3 won’t deliver that…maybe Lord is really being elevated by the LM group

Hope Walsh and Cerra hold up or we are in serious trouble

That’s pretty disappointing re Jack.

Not too often you’d see a player that played every game that season and another that played 15 get let go for practically nothing.

Gotta assume it’s all salary cap related, but man, the pressure on pick 3 to be good from the jump just slightly increased.

Played in 15 games this year….

Kennedy and Carroll featured in a combined amount of 39 games

Campo and pick 3 won’t deliver that…maybe Lord is really being elevated by the LM group

Hope Walsh and Cerra hold up or we are in serious trouble

Agree - liked Jack Carroll although always felt he'd want to head home to WA. Maybe that's been the conversation and he's been offered a spot at West Coast e.g "we can re-sign you on a 1 year deal" "No I want to go home "..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s pretty disappointing re Jack.

Not too often you’d see a player that played every game that season and another that played 15 get let go for practically nothing.

Gotta assume it’s all salary cap related, but man, the pressure on pick 3 to be good from the jump just slightly increased.
Jack Carroll would gave been on the bare minimum salary wise. It's not salary cap related , it's just list spot related. We've allowed ourselves 4 picks at the draft (pick 3, 38 and Camporeale brothers) . And that's after adding Haynes to the list and upgrading Boyd.

Seems we haven't learnt after our last 2 seasons as we had to dig into the last of our midfield depth. Especially now after removing Kennedy, Dow the last 2 seasons with lingering issues in regards to Cerra, Walsh and Hewett (plus god help us if Cripps sustains a multi-week injury), now we go relieve ourselves of another kid who wasn't half bad. And we have Acres banged up a bit too.

Yes we have Lord (who was injured a fair bit this season), are we planning on turning another member of the list into a mid? The Holland boys? Durdin? Suspect pick 3 will be a mid but still just a kid. Camporeale boys won't be ready either.

Letting go of Durdin is good... give Young some confidence that he's the next main tall man... he has shown he can play not sure what's gotten into his head the last 18 months.

Room for Weideman or Grainger-Barras now.

Can anyone spot some interesting midfield or small defensive prospects in the DFA pool?

He couldn't run out games consistently at any level. Has talents, but that limited him a lot.
Does this confirm that we’re taking Lucas in the draft?
Just gives us flexibility.

Don't get it. He somehow has this hold over Carlton fans that most other players don't. He's progression has stalled and one that doesn't have injury as a reason. Dunno. Just a meat and potatoes midfielder where the meat is 'lean' and the potatoes were boiled and served plain.

Last edited:
Don’t get delisting Jack Carrol, as we have no senior midfield depth.
Understand the point, I suspect we believe we'll be able to support the following "pure mids" Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett, Pick #3 and Ollie Lord with contributions from flankers or half forwards like Docherty, Elijah Hollands and even Ollie Hollands, Blake Acres, Zac Williams etc.

If Docherty in particular continues to play the pure midfield role he was playing prior to injury that would make seven pure midfielders to fill what is really 4-5 spots in the side each week. Allowing us one to two injuries or suspensions to that group before we have to start pulling from the flankers and wings.

Plus we'll also add Ben Camporeale in addition to Pick #3.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back