AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - 250 games up against Geelong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he should retire but if he wants to go around then that is fine the way he is playing.

Reckon he falls off a cliff next year though and we will need to be ready to tell him to play VFL.
Agree with most of this but I think because the cliff likely to come next year would prefer he retire than move on Baldwin if it comes to that due to limited spaces.

While I admit I wasn't wild about the idea of him playing on this season, he has proved me wrong and certainly done nothing this season to tarnish his legacy. Congratulations Dyson, let's hope that for once our team can make a milestone match one to bring fond memories.

Good bloke from a brief recent interaction if its of interest. Said 'Go Bombers' to him and Peter Wright at Tulla on the way to the Gold Coast game going through the security que twists. They were in serious conservation. Distracted them a little. Dyson looks away and says thanks mate. Then returned to discussing Gaza. May not have been Gaza but always hoped the pure joy of seeing the pair didn't upset team balance. Doubt that he is 189 cm, too but he might be.

He's had an ok season and congrats on 250 - but what's the point of him playing now? We look cooked and out of gas, as usual, and he's slower than a wet week. Unless others implode, we won't be playing finals, so keeping him in every week is a waste of a spot.

He's had an ok season and congrats on 250 - but what's the point of him playing now? We look cooked and out of gas, as usual, and he's slower than a wet week. Unless others implode, we won't be playing finals, so keeping him in every week is a waste of a spot.
So you think that internally they should just run the white flag up to pole ? That is okay for us on the outside but if anyone inside the four walls think that is what we should do then we really are ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't consider not playing Heppell running up the white flag.

I’d say continuing to play heppell is putting up the white flag
I would rather not be playing him either but we are on the outside looking in and the comment was we are cooked and out of gas so asking him to sit down now because we are cooked is putting up the white flag. It is the players saying we are done at round 16. If that is the internal thinking then we are ****ed for another 10 years.
I hope Heppell retires at the end of the year. We need more attacking half back options but I am not hoping that we have given up with 8 games to go even if I think we are short of being a good side.

I would rather not be playing him either but we are on the outside looking in and the comment was we are cooked and out of gas so asking him to sit down now because we are cooked is putting up the white flag. It is the players saying we are done at round 16. If that is the internal thinking then we are ****ed for another 10 years.
I hope Heppell retires at the end of the year. We need more attacking half back options but I am not hoping that we have given up with 8 games to go even if I think we are short of being a good side.
Yeh there’s still a long time to go in the season, and I’d hope the players want to fight back and get the season back on track in the next couple of weeks. Would be extremely disappointing and 10 steps backwards if they fall into the abyss like 2023. Big response needed on Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back