Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

The WCE cheer squad were in front of us - even they were into him. For most of the match I'm certain they were singing out "Sheezels" (or maybe it was "Cheezles").
Good on em, great to people enjoying a kid make a special debut regardless of colors. I really enjoyed watching Ginbey too for what its worth, looks like a cracking kid with a great career ahead of him.

He might just be the most articulate footballer of all time. Have loved listening to his interviews today. You get a sense he’s the sort of kid who won’t let ‘media street’ go to his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They had an interview with Ginbey a bit before Sheezel and it was absolute night and day.

No knock on Ginbey, ripper of a footy player, speaking is just a skill that Sheezel has in spades.

Don't won't to get ahead of myself or anything, but I was thinkin', wouldn't be great to have him as president after he hangs up the boots.
This is a Commonwealth country with a Westminster form of government, but yes, Prime Minister Harry Sheezel does have a nice ring to it.

:moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a Rolls-Royce.

Keep him in the backline till Hall gets back in the team.

Hall has played maybe 3 or 4 better games for North in his career - Sheezel's keeping him out of the team. What he lacks in explosiveness (not much!) he more than makes up for in disposal effectiveness. Hall always bites it off but just misses too often. Maybe that style better suits Clarkson's plan, but I doubt it after watching R1.

Hall has played maybe 3 or 4 better games for North in his career - Sheezel's keeping him out of the team. What he lacks in explosiveness (not much!) he more than makes up for in disposal effectiveness. Hall always bites it off but just misses too often. Maybe that style better suits Clarkson's plan, but I doubt it after watching R1.
I reckon Clarko would be able to use Hall and Hall would appreciate having multiple options within 30 or 40 metres because of proper movement ahead of the ball instead of always having to bite off those low percentage kicks cos there are no short options on the move.

Longmuir was on the news tonight in Perth and was asked by the presenter if they would be putting work into Sheezel.

He responded they certainly would be.

Be a good challenge for the lad.
The beauty of it is, if he's struggling in the backline he can move into the forward half instead and cause some concern there. You can tell already that Clarko's gonna love playing funny buggers with his positions on gameday this season

Great news, not possible to admire him any more at the moment, after the grand total of 1 game, i heard he is on with Derwayne after 2pm, and on AFL360 with Robbo and Whately tonight, i'm sure he will acquit himself with aplomb.
Overnight, he has become star, universally liked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back