Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Ridiculous player - how he didn’t go number 1 in the draft is beyond me!
Dunno, but Im pretty sure we rated him at 1. No knock on Marky Marks kid, but I dont think there's a lot between them and you wouldn't swap him for the world.

Outstanding, but lets stop and marvel at the last play. Intense pressure and not only did he react before anyone to get to the fall of the ball just metres from the line, but he had the audacity to be clean under that heat.

Last week was a great moment, as he showed off the smarts, poise and skill that makes him a generational talent, but I thought he was way better tonight. It may not show on the stat sheet, but in his second game at half back I thought he took his game to another level. The defensive work was unreal, he had a ton of damaging possessions, and the composure he showed a couple of times towards the end was unreal.

This is unreal. There's no words for this. It's his second game and he is averaging the 6th most possessions in the AFL at the moment, and a lot of them are damaging long kicks or clean handballs. Daicos is the obvious comparison, but it took him twelve weeks to get his second 30-touch game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played better this week. most of his his possessions were under immense pressure. His defensive game this week was off the charts.

Got up and spoiled their ruckman at one stage, was either Darcy or Jackson, he got a fist in a 1v1. Was great defensively, he’s a pure footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back